What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/15/20 2:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ugh, so far, CHUNK is definitely winning. I am not usually someone whose weight has high fluctuations--generally just a few oz up or down. But yesterday, for no reason, I was up 5 lbs from the day before! Ahhh, wtf?? I don't think it was "real" I mean... 2 small slices of lemon loaf in two days was not great, but I can't imagine it would net me a 5 pound gain!!! Anyway, I was too scared to step on the scale this morning--I'm claiming 'ignorance is bliss' as my defense...

I did end up taking the day off yesterday :) I took a few calls in the morning and logged on a few times to keep up with emails, but otherwise I stayed off, and was happy with my choice. I was productive with my time and tackled a bunch of projects I had been putting off. Plus the weather was absolutely gorgeous. 70, no humidity, and not a cloud in the sky. It's the warmest day we've had all season! Today is supposed to be a little warmer but very stormy, with the possibility of tornadoes. Just what we need... tornadoes. Yeesh.

Accountability: Good? I had a small piece of bread (new recipe from Grim right out of the oven), but that was all. Not even a slice of lemon loaf :) I stayed within points... But with my weird weight gain, I am questioning whether I can eat any bread at all, even if it is within my point range. This might have been the wake up call I needed... But I exercised my butt off both on the treadmill, elliptical, and outside!! (I wish that was literal). See below for a pic of my workout buddies.

QOTD: Do you have a regional accent? I don't have one. My parents were not from Boston so I have the typical bland American accent that is not tied to a region. But Grim has an old school Boston accent and I love listening to him talk!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 5/15/20 3:07 am, edited 5/14/20 8:08 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Lol, great meme. I?m feeling very religious orders with a vow of silence, lol.

is anyone else having crazy dreams? I have been so tired this week and my dreams have been bizarre.

I had coffee challenges this morning, it did not make a full pot; leaked some all over the counter and now whenever i put the coffee pot back under the nozzle, it fills the pot more - not the best start when you are up at 245 am. I have a long day ahead of calls and a happy hour with my CAH tournament team tonight so at least the week will end with a laugh.

QOTD - I moved around a lot and was exposed to so many different accents, I?m a bit of an accent absorber. Family lore says that when I started talking, I had my grandmother?s Australian accent, lol. When I?m around my cousins, I sound like the south side of Chicago; when I lived with roommate from Minnesota, I sounded like her.

I am looking forward to a no technology Saturday and then sunday, I have a private 6 am Pilates session (complete with mask and social distancing) and then a socially distant, outside graduation party for my niece. It?s very small, the people that live in her house, my step mother, my other sister and her 11 month old plus me. I will be strong and not hug anyone.

menu today is a bit up in the air, I?m thinking English muffin with Pb; ever roast deli chicken with slice cheddar, a light and fit creek but I?m not sure about dinner.

have a great day and weekend!

edited to add a couple pictures from my May 2018 trip to Iceland.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

karenp8
on 5/15/20 3:55 am - Brighton, IL

Gorgeous pictures Jen!

Melody P.
on 5/15/20 5:51 am - Amarillo, TX

Yes on the dreams! Just out of no where, what the heck kind of dreams. Really really odd stuff.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/15/20 6:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a beautiful place!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

NYMom222
on 5/15/20 6:46 am, edited 5/14/20 11:46 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am jealous of your coffee challenges.
Damn Acid. Did some Premier and cold brew in the afternoon this week and have paid for it. But I am not a quitter. :)

Beautiful pics. Memories of when we could go places.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Teenie
on 5/15/20 7:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Puffins! So cool I want to see one in real life before I die. They are adorable .

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

MadisonRose
on 5/15/20 12:34 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

I've been having some pretty crazy dreams as well. They just make no sense at all!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Melody P.
on 5/15/20 3:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Good way to early to be up(for me) Friday morning.

love the picture of the kitties!

Yesterday my left leg & hip started to hurt a lot more. This morning it is cramping a lot. I could live without that! Lol

i have an appointment today with the bariatric NP. It's at 10 so I'm hoping to get in a little more sleep before that. We'll see.

qotd: I've been told I do have one. Not as twangy as other parts of Texas though. When we went to Montana someone at the fast food place we went to thought we were from Louisiana. No....we do not have that much of an accent!

b:l&f yogurt

s:PP shake

l:last of the cabbage

s:???

d:protein blueberry waffles, sf syrup

karenp8
on 5/15/20 4:05 am - Brighton, IL

Rain expected all day today so not sure what exercise we'll be able to get done. Hoping breaks in the rain will line up with available times for walking,but we'll see. Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise and weight is 120.4. Don't do ignorance is bliss too long JB as that's how I gained 32 pounds at year 4. And it goes away SO much slower than it comes on. I would have to muzzle myself,though,if I had that many baked goods around,especially that lemon loaf! OMG! QOTD none that anyone has ever commented on. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c loaded baked potato soup D 4 oz grilled chicken. I will stay away from snacks and get 100 ounces of fluids too. Pics are sunrise on walk this week and some from Camp Tanako near Hot Springs,Arkansas.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics