What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu, RNYers?

Julia S.
on 5/15/20 7:36 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I'm so glad to see you back Peach, but so sorry to hear about your brother.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Sheila_H
on 5/15/20 8:09 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Shauna, so sorry for your brother's loss. Losing a sibling is hard.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 5/15/20 9:51 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Shauna I am so sorry to hear about your loss. How devastating. What a great picture of the two of you. Sending you hugs!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/15/20 10:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am so sorry to hear about your brother.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dee_Caprini
on 5/15/20 1:13 pm

I am so very sorry to hear about your brother. Sending you my condolences and lots of virtual hugs.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/15/20 5:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am home! It is beautiful here and looks like the weather won't be as lousy this week as originally predicted. The Cape is a little later in its spring than the mainland, but there is a lot of green starting and buds on the trees. My hydrangea bushes look really good so far. Here is a view out my sunroom window, and below that my walking buddy Justice doing what he is good at!

So for anyone contemplating flying - if you aren't sure that you will be spaced out in seating and would be anxious to be close to strangers don't do it. Everything was spaced out six feet in the terminal, but every seat on the plane was full and it was like travel used to be except that we all had masks on and were provided with a kit containing a mask, gloves and disinfectant. I sat side by side with strangers for 3 hours. I haven't been that close to anyone other than Justice and SIL for several months. I guess it is a good thing that I will be self-quarantined. I am pretty sure I got on the flight healthy, but who knows about anyone else on it.

QOTD: I have been told that I have no accent at all. I lived near Philadelphia Pennsylvania for my first 8 years, then in the Boston Massachusetts suburbs. My father was from near Boston so he had a Boston accent, but my mother was from the mid-west and Oregon. I guess the mishmash of influences caused me to not have a specific accent. I definitely pronounce all my "R"s unlike many family members and friends in Massachusetts.

TSS: 4 years, 1.5 month

B: Coffee! WW zero point banana/egg pancake

L: Sliced turkey and laughing cow cheese

D: Turkey bolognese over zoodles

S: bean salad or yogurt with strawberry compote, blueberry lemon yogurt pie and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Sheila_H
on 5/15/20 8:16 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I was gonna ask you about the flight. That's scary. How can they have such full flights? Stay healthy and safe.
Justice, as usual, steals my heart.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Dee_Caprini
on 5/15/20 1:14 pm

I want that green view!!! Beautiful!

Greateight
on 5/15/20 6:15 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I don't know whether its because of the endless winter we have been having or all of the rain, but our peonies are looking amazing. They have gotten so large and lush that Marilyn had to put fencing around them. They have become a solid block about ten feet long and four feet deep with hundreds of buds. They will look so beautiful when they blossom. Traditionally, that is Memorial Day, but I think it may be a little later this year. I love Peonies.

DD's graduation was supposed to be today. She would have had her Hooding Ceremony for her Master's degree last night and today would have been her undergraduate degree. She was able to have a little graduation event yesterday with her roommates and their boyfriends and they all seemed to enjoy it.

Last Friday I only has one drink at happy hour and went to bed at normal time. Hoping to repeat that this week.

QOTD: I absolutely had strong Boston accent. Like Major Winchester strong. Even after 22 years in Chicago, it comes back when I am in Boston.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: Chicken

Snack: nuts

Dinner: Charcuterie

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 5/15/20 6:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm going back over to my friend's in about an hour. Honestly, although I really like her, I'll be glad when she's able to do everything herself. I'm getting kind of tired of going over there every morning (and yesterday I went over twice - i had to come home at noon because I had something going on yesterday afternoon - but she'd wanted me to pick up some things for her at the grocery store, so I went there in the late afternoon (which was upsetting because it's SO CROWDED in the afternoon - it really worries me to be in there!!), and then I had to take the groceries back over to her condo. Her dog comes back this evening (the dog was supposed to be back a couple of days ago - but thank God the friend kept postponing it because she wasn't feeling that great). Thankfully she's got a couple of people lined up to walk the dog, so most of the "shifts" are covered. I like dogs, but knowing there will probably be some uncovered "shifts" means I'll probably end up covering them - which means more going over there. I'm so used to being leisurely in the mornings now and not having to go anywhere during the day (or evening, for that matter) - so this has been an adjustment. Well, at least getting out every day means I'm not sitting around here bored & eating.

I'll have to leave her house today a little early since I have my monthly film discussion group at 12:30. We meet online now - had our first meeting last month and it worked out pretty well. It was nice to see all their faces and hear all their voices.

QOTD: I don't think so. I grew up in northern Ohio, moved to North Carolina when I was in high school, and moved to Wisconsin when I was 26. My parents were from Cleveland (mother) and Chicago (father). At the time we lived in there, people in Ohio didn't really have an accent, but now I can hear that "northern cities vowel shift" when I visit my cousins in and around the Cleveland area. I think that vowel shift is something that really took hold after we left (some people in Milwaukee have that as well, but we're far enough west of Milwaukee that I don't hear it much around here).

while living in NC, I didn't really pick up an accent, but I picked up the habit of drawing out my vowels - and I also picked up some southern expressions. So people in the south remarked on my "northern accent" (??? I didn't have an accent!), and people from the north remarked on my "southern accent" (??? ditto). I eventually dropped the "drawing out vowels" thing when I moved in Wisconsin (but I still enjoy a lot of southern expressions!). Native Wisconsinites sound a bit nasal and "clipped" - they also talk very fast. I suppose I've picked up some of that, too, after living here for over 30 years...

accountability was good yesterday

TSS: 4y11m

B: two things of Greek yogurt, coffee with half & half

S1: protein shake

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers with peanut sauce

S2: maybe yogurt pie - or just plain yogurt - with strawberry compote. Maybe a skinny bagel with whipped cream cheese, too.

D: Aldi's Asian-flavored veggie "burger" on a skinny bun - topped with this (very) creamy "cole slaw" I made with plain Greek yogurt, a little light mayo, cabbage (of course), and a big spoonful of this Chinese crispy chili sauce that I swear I could eat right out of the jar! Made this exact same meal last night and it was GREAT!

ex: I'd better get some walking in today since I skipped it yesterday (it was raining off & on all day - sometimes hard)

have a great day, everyone!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 321 views