What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers

MadisonRose
on 5/16/20 7:52 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! Slept in today which was nice. Accountability yesterday was pretty good. No extra late night snacks unless you count coffee. I find that a cup of coffee right before bed helps me sleep. Which I know sounds odd since coffee is supposed to have the opposite effect. When I drink it in the mornings it wakes me up and at night helps me sleep. I can't explain it....maybe I'm just odd. Lol. Going to get measured for a new bra today since I have no idea what size I am anymore. Got measured several months ago, but that size is already way too big for me. Hoping this will be the last time I'll need to get measured.

On a side note, I think my taste buds are messed up. I tried some of the sugar free chocolate pudding I bought the other day and it tasted horrible....ok maybe that's an exaggeration as it's still edible, but had a nasty aftertaste. So last night I tried the other flavor I bought and it tasted the same with the nasty aftertaste. I have eaten sugar free pudding before right after surgery when I was in the soft foods phase and it tasted delicious! Now it's disgusting! Sigh....I'll still eat it as I don't like to waste food, but what was supposed to be a nice sweet treat for my evening snack has turned into something that makes me gag.

QOTD: gum and coffee! I know it's bad, but I literally chew through a pack of sugar free gum a day when I'm working. I find that it helps with my cravings for something sweet and keeps hunger at bay. Although it's probably not too good for me....my tummy is not too happy after as I get really crampy and gassy. Probably from all the sugar alcohols. And I know it's 5 calories per stick of gum, but I'm a sugar addict and as soon as one stick loses its flavor I spit it out and pop in another. I've got to find healthier habits, but I felt it's better than turning to junk food. And then with coffee.....no explanation needed there. It's just good stuff!

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 2

S: L&F yogurt and a banana

L: peanut butter and sugar free strawberry preserves on a whole grain English muffin.

D: 4 oz baked chicken breast and broccoli

S: probably the last mango I have in the fridge

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/16/20 8:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am a gum addict too! I try to tell myself that all the comping negates the 5 calories ;)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Christina135
on 5/16/20 9:05 am

Good morning! Happy Saturday!

I woke up to a text from a friend inviting me to an impromptu zoom class, so I had enough time to grab coffee, wash my face, and join in!

Breakfast - skipped, fasting, so hot coffee and hot tea

Lunch - kale salad, crackers, beyond burger

Snack - fruit smoothie, water, fruit, oat milk, chia seed, hemp seed protein

Dinner - pizza. Come hell or high water.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

peachpie
on 5/16/20 3:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Afternoon all! we've been lazing around the house all day. Took the older boy to pick out his new glasses, our big outing for the day. We did a virtual tour of a house, it was top of our list to start out, but I think we've talked ourselves out of it.

qotd: we probably buy more crystal light than than most. (The coffee industry will never earn my dollars!!). Personally, I probably buy a lot of make up, but I'm sure there are others who spend far more than me. I've always joked my husband obsessively buys undershirts and underwear.

menu these past few days has been really 'loose'. Lots of traditional Jamaican stuff to feel more connected with my family since we can't physically be together. My brothers service is Monday- limited to 7 people. He has 14 kids and there are 8 siblings-- it's all just disappointing.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, fried plantain and 1 slice hard-do bread, 1oz ham

lunch: tuna fish on 1 slice hard-do bread

Dinner: ?? Fend for yourself. I may order from the Jamaican restaurant, or do nothing since I feel like I've munched all day on stuff.

exercise: did my run this morning. I've been giving the dumbbells a break since my right shoulder has been bothering me.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Julia S.
on 5/18/20 9:01 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

That is the worst thing about this pandemic, no funerals, no wakes no hospital visits. I know it's improving but it's really hard to take.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 5/16/20 4:58 pm - Warren, OH

I almost never stock up on things. Right now i have way too many cans of tomato sauce, since I have been worried about running out. I have enough bleach to do me for two years.

I just went to the basement and bought up the last rolls of toilet paper that I grabbed two months ago. Yesterday I put gas in my car for the first time since February. I still had over 1/4 of a tank left.

Living alone and having a mall and many stores within a ten minute drive, I just never worried about running out of things. Now when I find when I need or want something, I just go to Amazon and order it and it is at my door in a day or two.

Some of the stuff in my basement now is sitting on a table waiting to get organized. I have always been a believer in when I bring something into the house, then I put something out. Either in the garbage or the Goodwill box.

I keep looking at what I bought for a single person and thinking about all the tons of canned foods that are going to get contributed to missions once this crisis is over.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 408 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views