What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/18/20 1:54 am, edited 5/18/20 2:18 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning Gang! Happy Monday! I had the nicest weekend :) I used to wonder if I would ever be satisfied if I retired because I always move at a Type-A busy pace, but... it's official--I am 100% ready to retire! This time at home has shown me how to stay busy but balanced. I used to go a million miles an hour then just crash on weekends, so I was too tired to enjoy at-home activities, but now I am working, playing, and relaxing at the same steady pace and it feels really satisfying. Wish I didn't have 20 more years...!

BTW, I saw this pic online and thought my OH peeps would appreciate it

Accountability: Ok! I have decided that I need to take the weekends off from being so intense about menu planning for now. So since I didn't make a plan, I wasn't "off"--nice loophole right? Haha. We got takeout Mexican from my favorite taco spot on Friday night and I've been slowly eating it all weekend. Luckily, I had a few very small pouch few days, so I took it slow and had small portions. I think I have two more meals worth of tacos left, yay! Also, I did a long growth run on Saturday and was pretty sore yesterday, so yesterday I took a day off and just walked for recovery. Back to a shorter run today.

QOTD: What movie or book would you like to see re-written from the perspective of another character? I remember having to write a paper like this in HS, and I picked writing from the perspective of Holden Caulfield's mother from Catcher in the Rye. Now, I think it would be cool to read the Harry Potter books from the perspective of Draco Malfoy!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Christina135
on 5/18/20 3:28 am

Good morning, Happy Monday.

QOTD - Pet Sematary. I would like to hear it from Rachel's point of view, instead of that of Louis.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee, and topo chico

Lunch - homemade lentils, crispy tofu and salad

Snack - fruit smoothie, frui****er, oat milk, chia seeds, hemp seed protein

Dinner - Pasta, asparagus on the side, salad.

Have a great day everyone.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Erin T.
on 5/18/20 3:51 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I've been absent around here due to my classwork. I'm on day 8 of 12 and just hanging on by a thread to get through this thing. On top of it being 3-6 hours of work per day in addition to working, I've also had some technical issues with the course that delayed me from being able to work on it over the weekend as much as I wanted. First one of the documentaries we needed to watch had been removed due to copyright violations and it took her a few hours before she saw people's emails about it and found a new link. Next, I logged in and a bunch of my upcoming assignments were showing as locked like I hadn't completed the previous assignments (I had). I will note that although I'm enjoying the content of this class and I actually like the professor, I've gotten used to completing assignments on a benefits vs drawbacks system, these last years. What do I actually have to complete to get an A or a B, or whatever? This class is self-paced and you can't move on to the next assignment until you have completed the one before it. So, on top of it being really short and intense I also have to complete absolutely everything!

QOTD: I've actually read books like this and normally find them lacking because they're always written as an afterthought to the original and just never as good! I am considering buying the new Hunger Games prequel though. It's written from the point of view of 18-year old Snow!

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Eggs, Sausage, Sweet Potatoes
  • Salad - Lettuce, (2) chopped up boneless wings, cauliflower, ranch
  • It's my dinner night and I'm not sure what I want to make, maybe Salmon and veggies. It will need to be something that will thaw pretty quick since I didn't take anything out of the freezer.

We're supposed to get 3-4" of rain from tonight through Thursday, so I'm 100% finding time today to get a walk in. I only got two in last week because I've been using lunch breaks and after work for class.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

NYMom222
on 5/18/20 4:00 am, edited 5/17/20 9:02 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Morning. I am so on top of that loophole. This weekend was a whatever and the scale shows it... back to normal.

QOTD: I got nothing ....

So pretty much food prepped and cleaned up yesterday afternoon in anticipation of going to work today. Once we establish a routine it will be fine, but today anticipating a **** show.

Since stores are various degrees of decimated I did an online order with the local butcher. I forgot how much better meat from the butcher is.

I bought a giant insulated tote at Costco this week- the one for hauling groceries. Ha. $10. My other one while large was always packed to the max, so figured I would try oversized.

Actually woke up early enough I am going to workout before work. This where not hauling your butt to a gym has advantages.

• Protein (workout),
  • broccoli frittata, English muffin
  • tuna on low carb bread, veggies
  • Yogurt pie
  • lemon chicken, salad
  • S: protein, veggies

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Dcgirl
on 5/18/20 6:54 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

How funny - my Costco had that awesome insulated tote right at the front of the store so it was the first thing you saw when you came in. We have an assortment of soft coolers so I forced myself to not buy it :)

Queen JB
on 5/18/20 11:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I didn't think that any stores were allowing reusable totes or bags anymore?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 5/18/20 4:14 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Today is my last day of work before my vacation. Yay! Tonight I'll be packing and in the morning I have my wellness checkup with my pcp right before we leave. I'm dreading it because I always weigh more on the doctors scale than I do at home and today I was up a pound. Ugh! Is it sad that I am considering packing my scale to take with me on vacation so I can continue to weigh myself every morning? I know I'm gonna go crazy if I can't weigh myself.

Accountability was just plain horrible yesterday! I was supposed to be eating as close to plan as possible so that I could splurge a little on vacation, but looks like I started early and am not happy about it. My poor stomach was a mess last night so today I'm going to take it easy and try to eat light. On the bright side my brother came over yesterday with the new puppy and we walked 3 miles around the trails near my house. The puppy even got to take a little swim in the lake and so enjoyed it!

QOTD: Not sure about this one.

B: protein coffee (plain black cold brew coffee mixed with premier protein)

S: L&F yogurt and a banana

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: Last of the baked chicken and broccoli

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/18/20 5:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I totally understand the fear of no scale! I actually weigh myself when I go to Aruba because there is a scale in the gym. I have two scales in my Massachusetts home and the same in my Florida home. Weird, I know...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 5/18/20 7:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy your vacation!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 5/18/20 8:53 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Have a great vacation Madison Rose. And if you get discouraged about the pound take a good look at your ticker.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 517 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 254 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics