What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Sheila_H
on 5/18/20 9:38 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I didn't realize until half way through what was happening. When I realized I was like WTF? It's creepy and beautiful at the same time.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 5/18/20 9:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I watched my nieces hs graduation on Facebook live; I told my other sister "it won't be emotional because it's so odd"...of course, all it took was seeing her and I was a puddle. I was composed by the time I went to the socially distant backyard bbq celebration though!

she did wear the 2020 shirt to the graduates parade after so that was fun, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 5/18/20 9:43 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Your niece had an actual graduation? As in she was on stage or somehow got a diploma? DS's hs graduation at the end of the month is drive through! We drive up the hill, can't even get out of the car, the diploma will be given through the car window, and we drive out of the school! :(

My kids refuse to wear the shirts. They are both using them as night shirts.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/18/20 10:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Technically yes! They did the best the could, considering. Now, keep in mind that the entire SCHOOL, 9-12 grades is 300 kids. Her graduating class was about 80.

they had the graduate and two family members show up, each alphabetical group was assigned a time to arrive, each family was set 6 feet apart, when it was each graduates turn, the parents went to a table on the left in the gym, picked out the diploma, the principal was at the end of the gym, the graduate walked in, the photographer took a distance photo, the graduate walked over, the parents gave the diploma then the graduate walked to the center, the principal announced any awards, scholarship, where they would go to school, had the graduate flip their tassel, then the parents came over the photographer took a group distance photo, then they wiped all the "staging" spots down with Lysol wipes and did the next graduate. It was all streamed on Facebook.

Honestly, they tried to still make it special for them. The benefits to rural, small schools! The offset to rural, small schools is that only 37% of the school tested proficient in reading and 28% in math on last year's standardized testing. It's not the same school district I went through but not much different, sadly.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 5/18/20 1:03 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

OK, I must be an emotional wreck because just reading this diploma ceremony made me cry again. I am so jealous, your niece's school really did a great job. Kudos to them. At least the kids have some sort of memory and pics of their graduation.
Our district is big and our high school has 1200 students with about 300 in the class of 2020. So we will all be in our cars.

catwoman7
on 5/18/20 8:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Hi All!

I have to leave in a few minutes to go to my friend's condo. At least she asked me not to come until 11:00 today. Although I still couldn't do my normal morning routine because I had to take one of the cats to the vet for a blood draw at 8:45. Ugh. And tomorrow we have to take DH's car in at 8:30. Maybe by the end of the week? I really miss my morning routine!

accountability sucked yesterday, and no exercise because it rained cats and dogs off & on all day. It was still raining this morning, but I think it's done now - and temps are supposed to start heading up. YAY!

Zoom meeting this afternoon for one of my committees - but that's it today. Thankfully. I'm very stressed out and have been for a couple of days - I think it's due to a combo of the pandemic, our state and federal governments (I won't name any names...), sick cats, having to go over to my friend's house every day (and the related disrupted routine), and some major issues with one of the organizations I co-chair. So....I don't need anything else to worry about today. My brain has had enough!!

TSS: 4y11m

B: a thing of Wunder Quark, a thing of Carbmaster cinnamon roll yogurt, and 1/2 a mango (diced). Coffee with half & half

S1: probably won't get to it 'til this afternoon, but a protein shake

L: the other half of the turkey bacon wrap I had yesterday

S2: a piece of yogurt pie? Or else another Carbmaster or L&F yogurt with a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: a couple of pieces of a veggie pizza (with cauliflower crust)

ex: hopefully it'll be clear enough to take a walk this evening...

have a great day, everyone!

Greateight
on 5/18/20 9:03 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

We have had 7 inches of rain since Thursday night. Fortunately we have not had any flooding in our house. Over the years, we have had an arm's race of battery backups and pumps. We finally settled on a gas fired Generac and two pumps and so far they have held up. I think that we are going to replace the pumps in the next few weeks because they are five years old and the pumps are much cheaper than replacing the basement.

We had some good news on the kids job front this weekend. DD got her starting date for her full time job and DS got an unsolicited job referral at a school where he took an electronics class. Great news on both. And both boys are talking about getting their licenses this summer.

QOTD: Great question, I will come back on this one

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: Hello Fresh

Snack: nuts

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

stacyrg
on 5/18/20 9:16 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning. Long time, no post but I'm going to try and make it a habit again! I read every day, but miss interacting with you all. The current situation is really messing with me. My anxiety is sky high, which is triggering my hypoglycemia, which is triggering my weight. Vicious cycle that I need to try and manage. i have a call to my doctor to see if he has any suggestions for me. Anyway, glad to be back. Hopefully with work, I'll be able to make it on every morning.

QOTD: Little Women from Amy's perspective.

My plan:

B: homemade latte with fairlife milk

L: leftover skirt steak and chopped salad

D: Shrimp scampi and homemade ceasar salad

S: mini kind bar before my virtual spin class

E: Virtual spin

Sheila_H
on 5/18/20 9:46 am, edited 5/18/20 2:47 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Great to see you back!

No wonder with anxiety, LA county is the worst for C-19!

Ooooh, that would be a good book!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/18/20 12:08 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Can you just use imagine the books, movies and TV shows that are going to focus on the pandemic???

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 284 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics