What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 5/18/20 9:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

JB, you've inspired me..well, you and the first email I opened this morning that made my head explode. I went through my schedule (short week) and I blocked myself out after 8.5 hours each day so I can impose some balance!!!

qotd - can we just make Leia the star of the Star Wars movies? I have heard there is a little women from Amy's perspective and I would like to read that.

menu today

coffee plus half and half

chobani oats with 10 almonds

built bar

3.5 oz turkey breaat

4 oz Polish sausage

light and fit greek

i did 30 minutes on the elliptical, it was a vertical trek in New Zealand, I may have cried when it went up to 17 resistance at 12 in cube..wow! I am at a good spot in my elliptical only series so I might do another round to get through the episode.
have a good Monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 5/18/20 9:50 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Yasss to Leia. I wanna see all her Jedi trainings and all those years in between that we just concentrated on Luke.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Christina135
on 5/18/20 4:51 pm

All of the Slave Leia merchandise has been pulled from the Star Wars stuffs - hard to find now. Definitely holding on to the stuff we have. In the expanded universe, she was referred to as "Huttslayer". She also had twins, a boy and a girl. Hubs has the cards (trading cards) from when he was a kid put up somewhere.

I freaking LOVE Leia, she was the biggest bad ass of all. So many good one liners, and I cannot imagine anyone else but Carrie Fisher playing her.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Partlypollyanna
on 5/18/20 5:29 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Did you read any of the Thawn books? They came out when I was in college and I think they were some of the first post Return of the Jedi books, they had lots of Leia. I would have loved to see those in a movie or series.

Jen

eatwalkwater
on 5/18/20 10:13 am
VSG on 11/07/17 with

Hi Ladies and Gents... Been in survival mode lately, so completely gapped on making meal plans, etc. Last week we finally got an official date we're allowed to re-open, but it's complicated by the fact that the gov't emerg benefit we received this month has eligibility guidelines that don't exactly line up with our re-opening date, so we are having to delay opening for an additional week. Clients have been going NUTS calling and emailing. Good Lord have mercy! We are going to go into the salon and just book appointments all week and try to sort through all the messages we're getting, answer questions, set up, deep clean, etc... As long as we don't make any money till the following week we should be good... I counted 22 orders I've placed and over $2000 spent just to get the salon ready to re-open too. Not exactly fun when you've had no business income in over 8 weeks! We have 6 more orders we are waiting to receive, and of course three of those are masks so we have ZERO masks still. We also ordered a sneeze guard for reception and there's a delay with that, they aren't even shipping out till the 20th due to a shipment of plexiglass coming in cracked. Ugh. STRESS!!! My DH and I haven't been communicating the best either (STRESS!) and the petty bickering is getting on my ever loving last nerve. My teenager is stressing me out too, so I've been having a weekly virtual counselling session to try to cope better. Let's hope the benefits kick in soon! LOL

The last few days I've been using cooking to cope. Not great... When I get angry or upset I get a bit manic with cooking... I baked a whole pack of bacon, made a batch of pickled red onions, a batch of granola, a batch of almond cookies, and 3 shepherd's pies... It's a bit much... Thankfully my boys are skinny with fast metabolisms and they are inhaling it all, so I won't be eating as much of it... The cookies are already gone!

So here's the menu plan for today... My sleeve has a 6 oz capacity so I plan around that. I haven't shared the actual weight break down of any of meals before so here's how it will be broken down today, maybe if I start sharing the exact portions I'll be more accountable... My WLS nutritionist wants me to get a min 9 oz protein, no max on fruit and veggie, and a max of 3 oz carbs and 3 oz fat. I aim for a total of 18 oz food a day, but for the last 6-9 months that has left me hungry, which often leads to late night snacking on junk food, so I've added a healthy 4th meal (snack) option in case I get hungry after hitting my daily 18 oz goal. I practice intuitive eating, waiting till I'm hungry to eat, stopping when I'm satisfied but not feeling full and I try to 16:8 intermittent fast by stopping eating at 8 PM and not eating again till noon the next day.

Breakfast: Open face sandwich: 1 oz gluten free multi-grain bread toasted with 1/2 oz butter, 1.5 oz cheese, 1.5 oz bacon, 1/2 oz avocado, 1 oz sliced tomato

Lunch: Yogourt with granola and fruit: 3 oz FF greek yogourt, 1 oz homemade nutty granola, 2 oz berries

Dinner: Bean Nachos: 1 oz tortilla chips, 2 oz refried beans, 1 oz cheese, 1 oz sour cream, 1 oz salsa

Snack: Chicken Salad: 1 oz kale, 2 oz chicken, 1/2 oz feta, 1/2 oz pumpkin seeds, 1/2 oz dried dates, 1/2 oz avocado, 1/2 oz pickled red onion. Drizzle of balsamic & 1/2 oz olive oil.

TOTALS: 12 oz protein, 3 oz carbs, 3 oz fat, 6 oz fruit & veg

5/7/2020 Regain SW: 237.6 lbs, Target LW: 211.2 lbs (-26.4 lbs), Final GW: 140-199 lbs

Partlypollyanna
on 5/18/20 10:44 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I thought of you and all the chaos of reopening your salon on Friday. We were doing a virtual happy hour and one of the conversations turned to Trudeau and how he's pulling off the shaggy look but so many American politicians are not. It was pretty random, but funny.

Jen

eatwalkwater
on 5/18/20 11:30 am
VSG on 11/07/17 with

Yeah, at least he has that going for him. The "speaking moistly" thing killed his good mojo though. hahaha

5/7/2020 Regain SW: 237.6 lbs, Target LW: 211.2 lbs (-26.4 lbs), Final GW: 140-199 lbs

Melody P.
on 5/18/20 11:40 am - Amarillo, TX

I have to say I laughed out loud when I heard him say that! Comic relief!

Sheila_H
on 5/18/20 6:46 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

No words of wisdom, but just a virtual

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views