What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 5/19/20 6:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- Love the baby pic and that idea sounds so fun. Regarding soreness- have you been stretching and using a foam roller? I am contemplating taking a few days off. I have time to use but not sure if I can swing it this week since a team mate is out but after this week I've got some projects to tackle.

Accountability: On plan

QOTD: How to delete old messages sent to a group in Outlook. (I had to be made an owner).

TSS: 5 years 9 months

B: SF latte, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: RGF breakfast sandwich and two good food yogurt

D: BBQ bacon Turkey burger on cloud bun, green beans, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: low carb pita with SF jelly and cream cheese, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: mixture of walking/jogging on the treadmill and elliptical for about two hours.

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1544 Protein:141 Carbs:122 Fat:67

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 5/19/20 7:07 am, edited 5/19/20 12:27 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

OMG your picture is so cute. I bet that Zoom meeting is like the Gold Bear Haribo Commercial. Where they have the kids voices and eating gummy bears. Soo cute.

I had a good Monday and the weather was perfect last night for a run so that was perfect. I think the weather will allow me to run again tonight.

A friend gave me a few Ramps yesterday so I got them all cleaned but to be honest I don't really know what to do with them. Does anyone have a good ramp recipe they would like to share. If not I think I will grill them and put them in a crustless quiche instead of the broccoli.

Accountability: Way better than the weekend and I ate one No Bake Keto Carmel cookies.

It blows me away that a little sugar makes you feel as bad as it does. Ater eating marshmallow (about 7) Saturday and Cookies and cheesecake (just bites not whole cookies) Sunday I truly felt hung over. So lethargic I just wanted to sleep.

TSS: 2 years 5 Month 8 day 137 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Salted Caramel triple zero Greek yogurt, fresh berry mix, evevaltion bar.

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: Jalapenos stuffed with chicken and wrapped in bacon, celery and blue cheese

D: Chicken chili and hot dogs.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 mile run weather permitting.

Everybody have a Great Day.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

QOTD: I googled Woltz and Wind Ford since I need a routine maintenance appointment for oil tire rotation etc.... Oh I hope it's not an Auto accident. That would suck.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/19/20 8:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I just had to google ramps. I never heard of them.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teenie
on 5/19/20 1:24 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

They may just be in this Ohio valley area. I'm not sure. I think I am going to grill them and use them in a crustless quiche or frittata.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/19/20 2:17 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

DS (chef) knew what they were. He said they used them quite a bit at one of the restaurants he worked at.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 5/19/20 7:18 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I've seen them around here (in Wisconsin) - mostly at farmers' markets, but sometimes at stores. They're not very common, though - at least not around here.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/19/20 7:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! I love the idea of the baby pictures, might use that with my team! I know other people have done crazy hats and Hawaiian shirts days.

qotd - I will die exploring Arthurian sites in Wales (We moved our Croatia cruise to 2022 because small ship cruise is still a cruise and we didn't want to have to move it a second time) so now a few of us are headed to Wales in 2021)). I am starting planning.

i did the second half of my vertical New Zealand trek this morning -- 24 resistance at 19 incline and I thought those 4 minutes were going to kill me!! The rest of the trek was much easier! I'm doing a zoom mindful mat Pilates class today too. I'm envisioning more stretching and meditation and less working out!

menu today is

b - the thawed L&F that I froze for snack yesterday and forgot plus a cheese stick

s - kind bar, half and half in my coffee

l - 4 oz turkey breast lunch meat

d - RGF mini pizza serving

s - cottage cheese

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 5/19/20 7:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I have a Zoom meeting in 20 minutes to figure out some financial stuff for this organization I co-chair. An accountant friend of one of the new board members was upset about the money we have given we're non-profit, but a huge chunk of that is an endowment that people have left us in their wills or trusts that we have no control over, other than the foundation that manages it allows us to withdraw up to 4% of the balance every year. So it's not like we can just spend it down - we can't even get at it, for starters (other than the annual 4%, that is). I'd be surprised if something like that would put us out of compliance - esp since this foundation that manages it works exclusively with 501c3's. I would think they would know what they're doing. We also were one of the beneficiaries to former board member's trust - she died a couple of years ago and left us some money. Since we didn't have an immediate need for it, we put it into laddered CD's that mature in different years, so it's there if need some cash at the time one matures, we can use that - but if we don't, it rolls over into another CD. I don't know how THAT will affect our compliance, I suspect it might, and if it does, we'll have to figure out what to do with that - spend it or have the aforementioned foundation dump it into our existing endowment fund (because we're also allowed to add to that fund if we want to - it's just that we lose control of it once we do - but then, we may not have a choice). So - that's what I'm dealing with today.

someone else will be checking in with my friend who had the hip surgery today. She really doesn't need much help anymore -- as I think I mentioned yesterday, I think she mostly likes the company. She also likes someone to be there when she showers in case she falls. But...so far, so good. Anyway, I've been very stressed the last few days, so I"m very glad for the "day off".

accountability sucked again yesterday, so I HAVE to be on plan today or my weight is going to start heading north. Ugh!

QOTD: I haven't googled anything today, so I had to check my browser history to see the last thing that it might have been. It's the address of a house the next town over. I think there was some crime committed there (a homicide, maybe? I don't remember), so I probably wanted to see the house. So I guess I will die over there - hopefully not of a homicide!

TSS: 4y11m

B: homemade coconut Greek yogurt with 1/2 mango (diced), coffee with half & half

S1: Fit Frappe

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers with some kind of dip

S2: maybe yogurt pie - or L&F yogurt with raspberries. And maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: a couple of pieces of cauliflower-crusted pizza

hopefully that's all! The plan is to come in at under 1500 calories today!

ex: if it clears up later, then a long walk...

have a great day, everyone!

Sheila_H
on 5/19/20 8:07 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

JB - your baby picture is so cute. DH is organizing all the old photos in our cloud, and it brought tears to my eyes seeing DS at 1-2 years old with big smiles and DD always being goofy! My dad used to say if he could give us a pill to stop us from growing he would! I wish I could keep my kids little and nearby.

Yesterday was a good day after a weekend of crap eating. What a difference in outlook when one is in control.

I guess yesterday was also a day of other reckonings. I realized that I am the only one in the family who is NOT working. DH is obviously working, DD is now working full time and her contract was extended till the end of summer. DS was called back to work, although part time but still he is working. Me? Well, I haven't worked since mid-Feb after all the events were cancelled through June. It is a weird feeling to be the lazy one in the family. It's the first time happening to me.

QOTD: Movie Mask. Every night we take turns choosing a movie to watch. I had googled a while back good movies to watch with your 18 year old and had made a list. Last night couldn't remember what Mask was on my list and googled it and then went down the rabbit hole of reading about the real guy.

Accountability: 100% spot on.

My meals yesterday:

• B: protein coffee
  • L: 3 chicken skewers
  • S: fage yogurt + 25 SF choc chips (chocZero)
  • D: 1/2 TJ shrimp & veggies stir fry
  • E: 5 miles jog

Happy Tue everybody.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 5/19/20 8:30 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I slipped on Thursday night in our really humid garage and twisted my back and hip a little. Today, it is finally starting to feel better. Other than that, it is raining again and our yard is unbelievably lush from all of the rain. It really looks beautiful.

Today is my older son's last day of school. I'm not sure that he actually does anything today or whether he is already done. On Thursday, we pick up his diploma at a drive through and on Saturday, there is a virtual graduation. They collected videos of all the kids flipping their tassels and throwing their caps in the air and will splice them together. I think that they will have a commencement address and the Valevictorian will speak.

We will have some dinner at home and I got him a watch for his graduation present. We are going to hold off giving him the watch until Saturday, because it may be the only way to get him to actually watch the ceremony.

QOTD: Apparently I will die at Morgyn's 18th.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: Hello Fresh

Snack: nuts

Dinner:TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 268 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics