What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

karenp8
on 5/19/20 5:05 am - Brighton, IL

What a cute baby picture, JB! It's another gloomy day with a forecast of rain in the cornfields of Illinois but Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in. Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise and weight is 120.2. QOTD Mother Jones. I looked her up as I saw a sign for her monument near Mount Olive Illinois. Her real name was Mary Harris Jones but from 1897 on she was just called Mother Jones. She was an Irish American who was an activist for the coal miners of the area and encouraged their efforts to get safe working conditions and to unionize. She is buried in a cemetery full of miners who were killed in a dispute with a coal miner owner in Virden over unsafe conditions. She lived to be 100 and died in 1930. I wish I was that *****y and outspoken! And there is your history lesson for the day. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c cheesy broccoli soup D 4 oz of whatever protein hubby cooks. Last night was chicken enchiladas and boy they were yummy! Have a great day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/19/20 7:17 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That's fascinating! I know Mother Jones magazine but was not aware of the actual Mother Jones!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Christina135
on 5/19/20 5:11 am

Good morning, happy Taco Tuesday!

QOTD - homemade essential oil flea medicine. As a dog mom of four, this seems appropriate that I would poison myself trying to care for the puppers. I accept this.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee, water, hot tea

Lunch - Homemade vegan lentils with veggies, carrot and celery sticks with hummus

Snack - fruit smoothie, water, fruit, oat milk, hemp seed protein, chia seeds

Dinner - Grilled vegan chao cheese sandwich, veggie soup

Dessert - sliced banana with drizzle of natural peanut butter, chia seeds sprinkled on top OR strawberries with chia seeds

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Partlypollyanna
on 5/19/20 7:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Your dessert sounds wonderful. One of my favorite pre surgery on the go breakfasts was banana and Pb wrapped in a tortilla and microwaved. I might have to pick up a banana and make your dessert!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 5/19/20 8:19 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I remember the first time I heard of pb and banana combo was a documentary about Elvis Presley and his favorite sandwich! Since then I have always associated pb/banana to Elvis.

I think if I had grown up in US I would have ended up on the my 600lb life program. Too many food temptations and combos that I never even think of.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 5/19/20 5:30 am, edited 5/19/20 3:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends!

i feel like poo poo. Woke up with a lot of pain and lowish blood pressure. Really light headed. Yesterday was a tepid ok with food. I ended up at 978 calories. Not the end of the world but I was craving protein so had a turkey sausage stick and a cheese stick. Will do better today. My weight was the same this morning but I was up almost all night drinking water because I felt parched. I drank a lot yesterday but still felt sooo dry. I also added miralax into my plan but it takes a while to get things going lol. Also got some decent activity yesterday.

no big plans for the day. I?m really uncomfortable pain wise but have to go pick up the omreprazol prescription. Other than that it?s a fly by the seat of your pants kind of day activity wise. We have made national news with our meat packing plants and the COVID-19 stuff. One day had almost 800 cases confirmed...800!!! We?re having issues with a Tyson plant here. Two others in our area too. Scary stuff!

qotd:a friend and me had a discussion about who was operating/owns Walmart. I wanted to see who was right so she?d just let it go. Apparently the Walton family has it out for me LOL (I was right btw! lol)

food will most likely be light today as my stomach is a bit uneasy. I think we should all post baby pictures! JB you?re so cute!

b:oatmeal with half & half and sf syrup

s:light cheese stick and small kiwi

l:PP shake with 1 cup of frozen whole strawberries

s:carrot chips with 2 tbs bolthouse dressing

d: 2 ozs smoked salmon, 1 cup cabbage and 1/2 cup cooked mushrooms

s:1 kiwi

Melody P.
on 5/19/20 5:32 am - Amarillo, TX

My brother and me.

Greateight
on 5/19/20 11:28 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Melody - did you see the video of the cat playing soccer goalie? He is amazing!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Melody P.
on 5/19/20 2:12 pm - Amarillo, TX

Yes! So cute!

Dcgirl
on 5/19/20 6:32 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

JB, I love that idea of the zoom meeting with baby pictures! I don't want to have to troubleshoot how to help people upload a new profile pic or I would do that! What other themes have you had? I am ALL about the backgrounds.

And, you were an adorable baby - just like you're an adorable adult

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 432 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views