What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 5/21/20 10:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

After years of wishing I had a thyroid problem to blame for my inability to lose weight, I would be absolutely furious to develop one now!!! I know that is completely irrational, but it would be the case!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

MadisonRose
on 5/21/20 3:05 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Exactly! I remember when I was in my twenties being checked for thyroid problems due to weight gain and failed attempts to get it off. I got the all clear then as my thyroid was working fine. Now that I'm working towards getting my weight under control and am getting closer to my goal I am told I have an under active thyroid. Ugh timing sucks!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 5/21/20 3:05 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Love your review :) Hope the thyroid issue is easily treatable!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/21/20 6:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What gorgeous weather we are having. And yes, can I spell ALLERGY! I hate that I keep assessing if there is a sore throat, body aches and sense of smell/taste changes every time I sneeze or blow my nose. In prior years I would just know it was the pollen.

Justice and I had a great walk around the harbor yesterday, with something similar planned today after my WW meeting.

QOTD: Lovely little Cape Cod home with water peak of a local kettle pond from the back windows and deck. Furnished nautically with lots of large windows providing generous light. Bedrooms are comfortable though the downstairs maid seems to ignore clutter. Furry guests are friendly to most though they sometimes engage in small chases.

TSS: 4 years, 2 months

B: Coffee! WW zero point banana/egg pancake

L: Sliced turkey (or eggs) and laughing cow cheese

D: Turkey bolognese over winter squash zoodles

S: bean salad or yogurt with strawberry compote, blueberry lemon yogurt pie and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 5/21/20 3:09 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes I forgot to mention the housekeeping at our place can get a little lax, haha. Love your review!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 5/21/20 6:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Friday-Eve! JB- I hope you can kick those allergies to the curb and feel better today.

Accountability: Snacks happened

QOTD: I will try and come back to give a full review later but for now I'd say the accommodations are clean and comfy.

TSS: 5 years 9 months

B: SF latte, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Eggbeaters in low carb wrap and carbmaster yogurt

D: RGF stuffed chicken breast, green beans, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: low carb pita with SF jelly and cream cheese, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 6 mile treadmill run and one hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1543 Protein:133 Carbs:128 Fat:61

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 5/21/20 7:02 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

I am going to venture to the Aldi today to do a big shop for the holiday weekend. I have a BBQ to go to Sunday and I want to make a few Cheesecakes and some Salads. I think I am also in charge of the Baked Beans. It is supposed to be a lovely weekend weather wise and in my eyes it can't get here soon enough. I am tired of being in this office I am ready for the pool and being outside.

But with that said yesterday I had to take my car to be inspected so it left me in the office with no vehicle. I actually walked to the grocery at lunch and it was quit refreshing to get away from my desk. I just wish I had the time to do that every day.

QOTD: Very cute on eye appeal, as you pull up all of the spring flowers are in bloom and the grass is well maintained. I was surprised to find that the mulch needed refreshed this late in the year but it looks like the grounds keeper has plans to do it soon since I saw some shrubs were trimmed and some have been removed. The inside has been well maintained. The bathrooms sparkle and shine and I find that they keep the bedding fresh and seems to change the sheets at least once a week. The laundry service is included, it is done daily and is returned to the room before evening. The Breakfast and lunch are all items that are easily assessable and can be taken out if you have a day away from the compound, so that is great. Also I find the dinner here to be right in line with the WLS program that I follow. Always a great protein and a vegetable. There is also a nice entertainment room with an 83" TV to relax to in the evenings. I have recently found out the area around the compound actually is very conducive to exercise. There are many trails to run which is super nice since the gym is very limited to just a treadmill and some weights. Oh and I forgot about the Hot tub. It has been a great pleasure to get a soak after my evening run. Yes I would stay here over and over again.

Accountability: I had a good day. I had some cottage cheese strawberries and coconut in a bowl for a snack. Way better than the peanut butter I usually go for.

TSS: 2 years 5 Month 10 day 135.4 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Salted Caramel triple zero Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, elevation bar.

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: crack chicken, mock potato salad, snack select

D: French onion meatloaf and a vegetable.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 mile run.

Everybody have a Great Day.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/21/20 9:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

83 inch TV????? Must be a movie theater.

And a Hot Tub? I'd have one if I didn't have to deal with maintenance.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teenie
on 5/21/20 9:44 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Maintenance on a hot tub is way easier than a pool. We just got it this past winter and it has been a blessing. Yes My living room is actually a theater room. I have 7 theater seat all recline and have cup holders and I have a huge couch I had specially made that runs the length of one wall. I don't know the actual size but I do know my DH who is 6'5" can lay comfortably on it. I love to entertain so we usually host the Steeler games every Sunday. And I am the go to for the holiday dinners so everyone can recline after there meal.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/21/20 10:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Chrissy, if I saw that review on Airbnb, I would book immediately!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics