What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Dee_Caprini
on 5/21/20 10:43 am

What is crack chicken and can I come live with you?

Teenie
on 5/21/20 1:33 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Crack chicken is Chicken breast in a crock pot then throw in 2 cream cheese and 2 dry ranch. I cook on low about 8-9 hours. After it cooked I throw in bacon pieces. I eat it in a bowl or sometimes make quesadilla on low carb tortilla or put it over chick pea pasta. it is very versatile. Sometimes I take it to parties with celery so I can have a yummy appetizer that is low carb and everyone loves. I am sure you just need to google to find many variations.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Dee_Caprini
on 5/21/20 3:22 pm

I think I will have to add that to my list of recipes to try, sooner, rather than later!

Greateight
on 5/21/20 7:26 am, edited 5/21/20 1:33 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Will we just slide slide into the long weekend or are the next two days going to be one long fire drill? I sure hope its the former.

I haven't had a vacation day since we got back from Australia/New Zealand in January, so I am really looking forward to it. My older son graduates on Saturday and I have a few jobs around the house that I want to do. I think we are going to have a barbecue for my son's graduation.

Today, I need to go to the High School with my son to pick up his diploma and any contents of his locker. I don't think that any of my children have ever used their lockers, so it will just be the diploma. I think that we just drive up in line and they put it in the backseat of our cars. Which means that I need to do a little cleaning before we leave.

QOTD: Warm, family home in Arctic climate. Extensive library facilities. Complementary Bai water and Kirkland protein bars. Unconfirmed rumors that two young men share the residence. Gym facilities for those who seek to do Fran while on vacation.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: Bratwurst

Snack: Nuts

Dinner: Salmon

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 5/21/20 1:50 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you have no fires to put it out. I want to slide to the weekend but things keep getting added to my calendar for tomorrow...even a skip meeting (if you don't know what that is...don't ask as you don't want to know!)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 5/21/20 3:45 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Your review cracked me up!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 5/21/20 7:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Morning All!

I haven't been over at my friend's who had the hip surgery for a couple of days. She's able to do most everything herself now - even walk the dog (she texted me this last night - she's canceled her dog walker), and I really needed a break from going over there every morning so I could try to get a handle on my stress. Still feeling stressed, but I kind of want to go back over there maybe a couple of days a week. I think it's just the company - I need human interaction, and DH is upstairs working all day. I'm sure she'll be fine with that. DH is taking her to the dentist today (she still can't drive) because I have an online committee meeting, But maybe tomorrow. My MIL is having some issues with stress and depression lately, too, so we'll do something with her tomorrow as well (DH is taking a furlough day). My gym is slated to open on Tuesday morning, as long as it's OK with the county, and will offer limited services. I'll take anything at this point - I'm just glad they'll be open!!

accountability was excellent yesterday - hoping for that today as well!

QOTD: Good-sized mid-century home with lots of living space and big windows letting in lots of natural light. Two modern, remodeled bathrooms on main level. Five resident cats more than willing to sleep with guests if desired. Two refrigerators, fully stocked with (mostly) healthy food. Kitchen can get pretty cluttered at times, though. Spacious, remodeled family room above the garage, with a new three-season porch attached to it. A couple of blocks from a large arboretum with lots of trails for hiking. On bus line.

TSS: 4y11m

B: either plain Greek yogurt with a homemade compote - or a piece of yogurt pie with light Cool Whip. Coffee with half & half

S1: Fit Frappe

L: chicken salad (made with Greek yogurt) or a couple of chicken skewers

S2: L&F with raspberries. Skinny bagel with light cream cheese.

D: one of the Aldi's vegan "burgers" (I bought three varieties yesterday!) in a skinny bun with some kind of homemade sauce (Asian-inspired if I go with the Asian or Thai "burger", or Greek yogurt mixed with adobo sauce if I go with the Chipotle Black Bean "burger")

ex: walking for sure. I also really need to do some gentle yoga. It might help my stress level, and I haven't done any yoga in forever....

Teenie
on 5/21/20 1:38 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I was in a town in Costa Rica and the owners dog hung out with us the whole time we were there. It was a lab so he loved going to the beach and playing catch. At night you had to check the room to make sure none of the properties cats came in the room. I was pretty cool. Never had that issue with a room before.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 5/21/20 2:00 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

when I was in Turkey I stayed at this small, family-owned bed & breakfast kind of place for two or three nights in Antalya. One of their cats begged to come in my room and night and slept with me. So cute!!

Lisa91941
on 5/21/20 7:31 am
RNY on 10/29/19

good morning!

Going to be a short work day for me and off to see the kid. Can't wait! Had another good day yesterday and got in my exercise. Going to need to amp up the exercise over these next few days to balance out daily weighing withdrawals.

QOTD: Located in a wonderful walking neighborhood with coffee shops, bistro's, boutiques and easy access for supplies and entertainment. Wished I could have used the couch in the sunlight, but two guests would NOT share and they kept leaving parts of their coats everywhere. Sometimes required that I shuffle-walk, especially if up at night, so as to not trip over tennis balls and chew toys. Bed was quite comfy, though I often had to fight for my fair share of it. Food service very decent, but there is a constant trail of water dripped from the same two guests mouths across the kitchen floor. Why they could not keep the water in their own mouths is a mystery to me. Lovely spaces to read and enjoy wine with several patio options. All in all, I highly recommend it.

Menu:

B: 1/2 PP chocolate shake, coffee

L: P3 protein pack

D: meat and cheeses? Husband is supposed to put together a little road picnic.

S: other half of the PP shake

Peace, Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 313 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 372 views