What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu, RNYers?

MadisonRose
on 5/22/20 5:33 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Wow he did an awesome job on that piece of furniture JB! And your backyard is beautiful with all the Pretty flowers! I'd want to work out there too if I were you! I'm sure it will be so nice with all the new patio furniture. Can't wait to see pics once it's all set up!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

MadisonRose
on 5/22/20 5:45 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning and happy Friday all! Such a beautiful day today. The first nice weather day we have had since we arrived here so the plan is to enjoy the beach today. I will enjoy it under an umbrella and with loads of sunscreen though since I burn so easily. I'll try to get pics of the beach when I go out there and post them. Accountability was decent yesterday. I had no ice cream, but did have a few dark chocolate peanut m&m's. So still not perfect, but better.

QOTD: Things are getting better, but the tp is still in low supply around here.

B: bacon egg and cheese on a multi grain English muffin and coffee w/Splenda

L: egg salad

D: TBD

S: L&F yogurt

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

momyshaver
on 5/22/20 5:54 am
VSG on 06/28/17

That woodwork is so professional looking and I love your huge yard. Bring on the warmer weather and fresh air and sunlight!

QoTD - I try to limit going in to the stores and use pickup or delivery but sometimes those options will say they are out of something you can find if you go in so sometimes I will go in to try to find something I really need for the kids. Fresh meat i**** or miss. Cost has increased on about everything but especially meat protein. Frozen foods are also hit or miss. There was a ramen shortage I noticed. It is just really random in some ways where entire sections are just WIPED OUT. It is probably due to trucking or shipping for a lot of it.

I had a phone consult with my bariatric NP and dietician. I have a follow up in 6 weeks. Instructions are almost embarrassing to type and publicly admit. I am SO OFF TRACK. Basically I just need to do what I KNOW I NEED TO DO. I am trying but some of it seems impossible. I realize seems is the key word and that really, I just need to do the next thing and that small changes will lead to the equitable results. There is no easy. To some extent, we all choose our hard by our choices. I have to play the hand I have been dealt better. Period. No excuses.

I took my multivitamins today. I am trying to choke down a protein shake with my coffee and miralax. I need to write out a water drinking schedule and look for tai chi videos on Prime. I am eating LESS at night. I am drinking LESS alcohol. (Consider NOT picking this habit up). I will choose MORE nutrient dense, protein forward meals as I get back on track. I will journal my progress so I have some accountability to myself and my bariatric team.

I have started watching my newborn grandson and boy, it is exhausting having a new baby in the home on top of everything else. I know why God created menopause now!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/22/20 6:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had to cut back on the nights I have wine. I have found that wine is a gateway to eating for me.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Greateight
on 5/22/20 6:22 am
RNY on 08/29/18

It's the gateway to falling asleep on the couch for me.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

momyshaver
on 5/22/20 6:37 am
VSG on 06/28/17
On May 22, 2020 at 1:22 PM Pacific Time, Greateight wrote:

It's the gateway to falling asleep on the couch for me.

Do you find that it hits you super quickly at your point post op?

Greateight
on 5/22/20 7:00 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Yes. If I split one bottle of wine with my wife, I will be asleep in a couple of hours.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Julia S.
on 5/22/20 7:39 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

My only problem is it makes my sleep issues worse. I fall asleep easier but then I wake up at 1 or 2 and have a difficult time falling back asleep. Honestly I should just give it up, but it's helping me to survive the anxiety and stress of what has become our new "normal".

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Queen JB
on 5/22/20 11:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Its the gateway to my replies to my family member's anti-science FB posts...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

momyshaver
on 5/22/20 6:25 am
VSG on 06/28/17
On May 22, 2020 at 1:07 PM Pacific Time, Liz WantsHealthForAll wrote:

I had to cut back on the nights I have wine. I have found that wine is a gateway to eating for me.

I believe it. I started drinking to increase my ability to eat and it worked...but I feel poorly. I don't sleep as well and I don't feel like the weight I gained is healthy weight and on top of it, I had never drank AT ALL before. I NEVER pictured this being a struggle but here we are. My GI and bariatric surgeon both knew but my NP said that typically they don't advise their patients to drink at all. EVER. It is hard because of my mouth pain from when I broke my jaw but I will have to learn to live with some level of discomfort for my overall health. I struggle with not being hungry during the day but then eating in spurts every few hours at night due to insomnia and the viscous cycle. It will take some planning and scheduling to get my body on the right track. I didn't come through everything just to give up. Not at all. I love this forum and the stories represented by every member here. Thank you for sharing your experience with night eating and drinking.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics