What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu, RNYers?

Erin T.
on 5/22/20 7:38 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! Today is the last day of my 12 day long class and I couldn't be happier! I have a 4 day break before my next class starts. Our campus announced their reopening plan yesterday, and classes will be starting on 8/10. At the same time we were told that we can anticipate IT employees being home for the remainder of 2020. My group will need to rotate in as I manage a "walk-in" service and people will need things, but it will be by appointment. Given I'm diabetic, I will be using accommodations to make sure I don't go back myself anytime soon.

QOTD: Ours are looking pretty good. I didn't have trouble finding anything at all last night when I went. Although my Walmart grocery delivery earlier in the week had 6 out of stock items, but I think that's pretty much bull. I was able to get toilet paper last night and there were still paper towels at 6pm when I went. The only thing we can't seem to find yet are Lysol/Clorox wipes. Luckily, we bought a 3-pack of those back when the kids had the flu in February and before things went crazy. I will say though that grocery prices are insane.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • Egg, Sweet Potato, Sausage
  • Turkey, Cucumber, Cauliflower
  • Pork Chops and Broccoli

It's been cold and rainy here the entire week so far and it's finally nice out. I'm going to be going on a nice long walk!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

MadisonRose
on 5/22/20 8:23 am
RNY on 01/23/19

A bit cloudy, but a nice breezy day overall. Took a brisk walk on the beach this morning and will try to get in another one later today. Lots of jellyfish out!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 5/22/20 8:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'd LOVE to live near an ocean! Where do you live, anyway? I'm not sure if I ever knew...

MadisonRose
on 5/22/20 8:54 am
RNY on 01/23/19

I live in the Charleston area, SC. We are vacationing in Myrtle Beach right now though. Love the beach and the sun, but unfortunately it doesn't love me being a red head!

catwoman7
on 5/22/20 9:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

we lived in Raleigh when I was a teen and we used to go to Myrtle Beach A LOT!! I've been to Charleston a couple of times, too - gorgeous city!

MadisonRose
on 5/22/20 9:18 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Oh nice! We've been coming to Myrtle Beach every year around Memorial Day weekend since I was 2 years old. We love it!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/22/20 1:48 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Looks beautiful! I have never been there but am scheduled to go for a few days in late August. Hopefully that happens.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 5/22/20 8:59 am, edited 5/22/20 2:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Hi Everyone!

I'm feeling really stressed again today. As in I can physically feel it. Not sure how to describe it other than some of my muscles just feel - tense. And I have this slight sense of dread - or doom - or something. I HATE THIS!! This isn't me AT ALL - I think this pandemic has really started to affect me. I did some yoga last night for the first time in probably a month (or more!). Figured I should start doing that again - and/or meditation - to keep on top of this stress. I made it about 45 minutes into the video because I wasn't crazy about it - didn't really like some of the poses she was doing. Boy, do I feel it this morning. It's been a long time since yoga has affected me that way - evidently I haven't used some of those muscles in awhile! (and this is different from the aforementioned stress-related tension)

I have to get out for awhile today. I may go over to one of the Asian groceries to pick up a couple of things. They're not necessary things, so normally I wouldn't do it - but I just need to get out. It looks like it's going to start raining soon - and it's supposed to storm off & on all weekend - so I'm not going to have a lot of options. Hopefully I can think of other things I "need" this weekend!

that piece of furniture is just beautiful. I wish DH could do things like that! Somewhat related- when I was growing up, my mother always told me I should marry someone who could fix things. My father couldn't fix ANYTHING. Well, neither can DH. He's good at painting, though, at least...

accountability wasn't that hot yesterday (not awful, but not great), but I took a long walk, so that helped a bit. Weight is still down, thankfully.

QOTD: I've noticed a couple of empty...or almost empty... areas (like...paper products - and sometimes fresh meat...and flour), but it hasn't affected me that much. I did have to go to a couple of stores for flour and boneless chicken breasts once, but that was the only time it really affected me. We don't eat much meat (other than a lot of Costco chicken skewers, which they're always well-stocked in), and since there are only two of us, we don't really go through things all that quickly. I've seen signs in stores limiting people to two packages of chicken, for example. Or one thing of hand sanitizer. It's better than it was back in March when this first started, though.

TSS: 4y11m

B: yogurt pie with 2 T light Cool Whip and strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

S1: protein shake

L: chicken skewers - probably with some kind of dip

S2: L&F with raspberries, skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: we're thinking of doing take out with MIL. Maybe Chinese food? If so, I always order something with non-fried meat and veggies and eat about a cup of it - and skip the rice.

have a great day, everyone!

whoops - forgot to attach my picture. This is the terrace in back of the student union at the Univ of Wisconsin (my alma mater - and former employer). Summers on the terrace are glorious - but unfortunately, they probably won't be happening this summer :-(

Emiepie
on 5/22/20 9:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry to hear that you are still feeling stressed. I hope you are able to find a way to release it.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 5/22/20 11:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hang in there!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?