Whats On Your Sunday Menu RNYers (and a few VSGers:)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/24/20 8:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I know what you mean about house design! Remember when Formica was the best thing for countertops and cabinets? I think you are right that we need to just go with what we like. Though I have to think that putting really weird colors in something difficult to replace like a countertop may not be wise if there is any thought of selling one's home in the next few years. I have a friend in Florida who loves orange and green. She spent top dollar on window treatments and a rare stone countertop with those colors in her condo. She tried to list her condo with the cost of those items added in to the market value. No surprise that it didn't sell, so after 6 months she is finally dropping the price closer to the market.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 5/24/20 11:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yep with the counter thing! For years it was Corian. Then granite. Now quartz. But when we had ours replaced a year ago, the guy told us quartz was still the biggest seller, but Corian seemed to be making a comeback. I guess granite must be in decline now. ARRGGGHH! It's impossible to keep up with all of this. And yep - I always go with neutrals for expensive, more-or-less permanent things. You can always use color in rugs, sofa pillows, paint, etc - much easier (and cheaper!) to replace!

Rosemi
on 5/24/20 3:41 pm

Hi cat woman..this is totally off topic but I have to let you know...I can't thank you enough for mentioning ' Your Money or Your Life' book...I've just started reading it (the 2018 revised)...and I have already had so many soothing heartfelt aha moments ...I can't believe the impact this tome is having on me...thank you so much! I've never thought about what is enough!...thank youthankyouthankyou.

catwoman7
on 5/24/20 7:29 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

you're welcome! I love the concept of thinking about "things" you want to buy in terms of how many hours you'll have to work at your current hourly wage to pay for them. Is the "thing" worth working 10 extra hours? Or six extra months? I still think of things in those terms, all these years later (even though I'm retired now - but it still puts purchases into perspective!)

SkinnyNikki7
on 5/24/20 8:04 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Sunday everyone! It is so cold and cloudy here today. Yesterday was in the 80's and today its in the 50's.

I did a 20 minute yoga video first thing this morning. I also got a walk in this morning and hopefully will get another one in later.

QOTD: What is something really popular now, but in five years everyone will look back on and be embarrassed that they liked it? I would have to say the saggy pants look. Why do guys and kids do that? I think it looks horrible!

B: Protein shake

L: Matrix mint cookie protein shake

D: WW Crack Chicken probably on some Rye bread

S: Greek yogurt/Arugula salad

64 oz. water

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/24/20 8:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Especially when their butt crack shows!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

SkinnyNikki7
on 5/24/20 9:00 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Yes exactly, no one wants to look at that!!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Melody P.
on 5/24/20 8:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu crew.

i woke up in a lot of pain around 2 this morning. I can't tell if it's my back or something from the UTI. I feel a bit better after taking the Tylenol 4s and muscle relaxer but I'm still feeling rather rotten. I got some over the counter stuff for the uti while I wait. Ugh!

yesterday was another off the rails kind of day. I know why but it's not a good enough excuse. My mom baked a loaf of bread. I was a goner from the smell alone. Hoping for a better day ahead.

qotd: for the most part I'd have to say face tattoos. Not the make up kind but the kind that a lot of celebrities are doing. Just no. I have a friend that has them that are done so well and tastefully. She really rocks em. I'm talking the kind with words and who knows what. Just ewww!

b:oatmeal and half&half

s:1/2 a banana

l:pp shake with strawberries

s: most likely a cheese stick

d:roast with a small piece of potato, carrots and onion

pill time snack:l&f yogurt

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/24/20 8:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hear you on the tattoos. Though I have a small one on the back of my shoulder in memory of my daughter, the face ones and the full body ones can be a bit too much.

I hope you get the proper meds for your UTI soon. Don't they have an answering service where you could ask them to contact your doctor to phone in a prescription?

Melody P.
on 5/24/20 10:03 am - Amarillo, TX

I one to get a few tattoos in the future but the face stuff just bothers me for some reason.

This clinic does not. I tried calling them Friday before I knew the results but they had already left for the weekend. I am not and never have been impressed with this clinic. They look at people like they are not important and are fairly rude to most of the patients. Whom are usually very poor. It's sad that they think they are better than the patients. So frustrating!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?