What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/26/20 2:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you all had a nice long weekend! Mine was great! Saturday was the laziest day I have has since quarantine began (and maybe my laziest day, ever!). Actual photo of me below:

But the rest of the weekend was my most "normal" since lockdown started, although I am sure we were very safe. Sunday I threw a surprise 50th birthday party of my best friend out in a parking lot where we all stayed apart and masked. She was COMPLETELY surprised and I think it meant a lot for her to see so may people turn out for her.

And yesterday, I was busy cooking and cleaning and organizing my summer clothes, etc. Then we had our neighbors over for a socially distant BBQ in the yard last night. It was SO nice to have such a social weekend. I miss people.

Accountability: Highs and lows. Saturday was not awesome, but the other days I got my butt in gear and did a lot of exercise and ate much better. But our friends brought homemade whoopee pies last night for dessert and even though it took me an hour, I ate the whole thing, haha (#notaquitter). It was so yummy--it tasted exactly like a Devil Dog!

QOTD: Speaking of Devil Dogs... what was your favorite packaged treat (from Drakes, Little Debbie, Hostess, etc.)? I still struggle with an addiction to Little Debbie's Oatmeal Creme Pies. God I love those...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Au_Contraire
on 5/26/20 4:29 am, edited 5/25/20 9:37 pm

Hi to my RnY clan! Happy Tuesday!

JB, I love that Quarantine Barbie! And speaking of lazy, I have to confess that yesterday I literally never got out of my pajamas! That is rare for me. I did work though. Additionally, it's still been cool often enough that I hadn't put away my winter clothes, so I folded away my cashmere sweaters and warmer tops, and hung wool skirts and winter dresses, coats and jackets in the cedar closet. This exercise caused me to inventory my over-the-top, ridiculous clothes habit. I realised anew that I really, truly do not need even one more single item of clothing. Not even one! I have enough to last me until forever! And boots! I am an addict! No, I'm serious! I own 12 pairs of knee-high boots, 3 pairs of over-the-knee boots, 2 pairs of riding boots, 2 pairs of booties, and 2 pairs of tall Ugg boots. I am done! I have been on a serious buying spree off and on since I hit my goal weight. To be honest, though I have thoroughly enjoyed all this collecting and take real pleasure in wearing pretty things, there has at least part of the time been an element of buying to reduce anxiety, since thank God I no longer eat like crazy to accomplish the same thing. At any rate, I am on a clothing and above all a boot-buying moratorium!

My ex sister-in-law has thankfully fully recovered from her bout with Covid, that monster. But on Saturday morning my very dear friend Margaret's brother called me to let me know that she passed away the day before. I last spoke with her three weeks ago, when she came home from the hospital. She was so full of joy at her homecoming, so happy and so full of hope, and I was so happy I speak with her that I cried. I tried to reach her on the phone since then a couple of times, but was unable to get through. She was one of the finest people I have ever known, an incredible artist who made everything she touched beautiful, and she was funny and smart as a whip and deeply kind. I will miss her my entire life, and hope one day to see her again.

An old boyfriend who lives in Bay Head, NJ (he used to live in the NJ town adjacent to the one I grew up in) and I have been back in touch over these past many months. We commiserate with one another about life in the time of Corona and talk about things to come. He belongs to an old American family of illustrators and artists, which connection has always impressed the hell out of artistic me, although he's a finance guy. Anway, it's nice to have some sense of hope for the future, whether it comes to pass or not. I told him when we go to Paris together, I will pour out a glass of champagne for my friend Margaret. She and I often spoke about going together, once she had recovered. Margaret was bravely and with determination and hope battling pancreatic cancer, diabetes, and at the end, that thug, that vicious thief, Covid. After 3.5 years, finally, it was just too relentless a struggle even for someone as joyful, as appreciative, and as full of life as she was. But I will toast her in Paris with the best bottle I can buy!

QOTD: I didn't grow up eating any of those things. I wasn't particularly heavy as a child, and my mom was unusually nutritionally conscious. I didn't really balloon up until I was older, and I don't think I've ever had any of those types of treats. Ice cream of all types, on the other hand...

First: Coffee. And tea. Lately I'm loving Twining's English Breakfast Tea. SF syrup in it all.

B: tuna

L: omelette

D: roast beef. Spring greens.

Have yourselves a wonderful day, my friends, and stay safe out there.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/26/20 5:23 am, edited 5/26/20 12:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I need the same moratorium. I did the same thing post-goal and then followed up with LOTS of online shopping over the last few months. In fact I have yet another bathing suit, shoes, and a Lilly Pulitzer top arriving soon. Did I need them? Of course not!

So sorry about the loss of your friend.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Au_Contraire
on 5/26/20 9:17 am

Thank you Liz!

(I too have several items yet to arrive. I was on a tear there for a while!)

Greateight
on 5/26/20 6:29 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Cara.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Au_Contraire
on 5/26/20 9:18 am

Thank you, Jim. Me too.

Sheila_H
on 5/26/20 7:10 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

So sorry Cara, about your friend.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 5/26/20 9:19 am

Thank you, beautiful Sheila!

Teenie
on 5/26/20 7:23 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Cheers to your friend Margaret. Hope you will find solace knowing she is at peace. I am glad she has left you with many of great memories. Only a few will touch each of our lives like she has touched yours. You were lucky to know such a special lady.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Au_Contraire
on 5/26/20 9:20 am

Thank you kindly, Teenie!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views