What's on your Saturday menu, RNY'ers?

catwoman7
on 5/30/20 4:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I love being up early! I used to always be up and drinking my coffee between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m., but the last few weeks, I've rolled out of bed closer to 8:00. UGH. But I've gotten up early again the last couple of days and love it!! I love the peace and quiet in the house at this hour - and I love hearing the birds outside my windows (which I have wide open - looks like it's shaping up to be a beautiful day!!)

I plan to go for another bike ride this morning. Although I knew this city was a bicyclist's dream (so many bike trails - and bike lanes EVERYWHERE!), I now know it first hand. I especially love the paved bike trails. Roads just for cyclists (well, and walkers, too). They look like regular streets, only about 5 ft wide. I loved zipping down the bike roads yesterday, which are lined with lilacs and other blooming plants and trees. It was just wonderful!

We've proposed meeting my MIL for brunch at Einstein's either today or tomorrow, so my menu is going to depend on that. They do have a few sub-500 calorie breakfast sandwiches that will work as long as I cut back the rest of the day. Other than that, not much on the agenda other than trying to be outside as much as possible.

accountability was great again yesterday, but my weight was up a notch this morning. Hmmm. I ate a big (for me) bowl of bran cereal yesterday to try to ward off a snack attack (which worked...), so that might be it. At any rate, it's been a great week accountability-wise.

TSS: 4y11m

B: Greek yogurt with diced mango (1/2), coffee with half and half

S1: protein shake

L: if we're at Einstein's, then one of the lower-calorie bagel sandwiches. Otherwise, probably the usual 2 Costco chicken skewers

S1: L&F yogurt - or a piece of yogurt pie

D: if we do the Einstein's lunch, then I'll have a vegan burger for dinner (one of the Asian-style one from Aldi's - NOT Beyond Burger (BB's are great but too many calories if I have the heavier lunch)). If we don't do Einstein's at lunch, then I may still do that - or I may do spaghetti with meatless meatballs.

have a great day, everyone!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/30/20 5:28 am, edited 5/29/20 10:29 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I am so glad you are enjoying the bike. I think the best way to deal with all the negative things in our worlds is to get outside and enjoy nature. I plan to take a long Oceanside walk with Justice today and let the sea breeze blow through my brain! And at some point, I will plant the deck plants which DS bought with me yesterday.

I forgot that we have a very ripe mango (thanks for mentioning it)! Maybe I will cut that up to use either on my salmon burger (if I have it) or in my yogurt!

QOTD: Okay if I add one? What is the best pair of shoes you have owned? Since I love shoes I have to answer this two ways. The Allbirds wool sneakers I bought last year are the most comfortable sneakers I have ever owned. I have always hated how sneakers make my feet feel hot and constrained even when I wore expensive well-fitted light ones for running in the past. I could never walk around in other sneakers all day, but I can in the Allbirds. But my favorite shoes are usually heels I can wear when I dress up. There have been many I loved over the years but I have to admit that the heels have gotten lower and the foot beds have gotten more padded. My two current favorite are a pair of black suede Sam Edelman shoes with an ankle strap and my others are a pair of Naturalizer Kingsley sandals in gold. Pictures below.

TSS: 4 years, 2 months

B: Coffee! WW zero point banana/egg pancake

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Either lobster salad or salmon burger

S: bean salad or yogurt with either mango or strawberry compote, blueberry lemon yogurt pie

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 5/30/20 5:38 am
RNY on 06/03/15

absolutely OK to add a QOTD! In fact, I was hoping someone would! I'll give the shoe question some thought - there are a few pairs that I've loved!!

Partlypollyanna
on 6/1/20 5:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I love all birds, in addition to too many pairs of their sneakers, I have some of their flats for work conferences. All birds flats and tieks flats are the best I've found for conference center treks!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/1/20 5:37 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have a couple of Rothys flats that I really like for looking good but being comfortable - they just didn't make the "favorite " cut - LOL

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Partlypollyanna
on 6/1/20 12:04 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I have thought about giving those a try! Maybe once I go back to the office regularly!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

SkinnyNikki7
on 5/30/20 7:05 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Morning all!

Ugh I was not happy to be up early! Today was my one day to sleep in. There are very very loud birds in the tree right next to my bedroom window. They decided they should chirp as loud as possible!! I usually love to hear the birds while I'm drinking my coffee but not when I'm being woken up at the crack of dawn.

We have a drive-by baby shower today. Our friends have been trying for years to get pregnant through IVF and finally are having a baby boy. I feel so sad for them that their pregnancy experience had to be during this pandemic. Today would have been her baby shower at a beautiful country club. So instead we are making signs and decorating our cars and driving by their house dropping off baby gifts. Got to make the best of this situation I guess!!

We need a new bed! My back is killing me! I did a 20 minute yoga video this morning which helped but I can't wait until things open back up so we can get one.

Accountability was great again yesterday. 8 days in a row woohoo!

B: Coffee w/ Caramel Premier Protein

S1: greek yogurt

L: WW Healthy Turkey Enchiladas

S2: not sure maybe banana with PB

D: Probably a Peach premier protein shake

64 oz flat tummy water recipe

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

MadisonRose
on 5/30/20 7:54 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! I was up way too late last night and slept in way too late today. Accountability was excellent yesterday until dinner which I did not have planned which was totally my fault.....because when I don't have a meal planned the unexpected happens which is usually not the best choice. So I ordered Chinese take out and even though I did my research first and tried to order the healthiest option.....is there really even a such thing? Regardless, I had wayyy too much sodium and boy am I feeling it today! So today it's back to my protein shakes and lots of water.

QOTD: I go for comfort. Do bedroom slippers count? Lol. That's been the new style for me since I've been working from home and I'm getting quite used to it.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 2

L: L&F yogurt with a sprinkle of granola and banana

D: premier shake

S: L&F yogurt

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/30/20 10:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Of course bedroom slippers count if you love them!

Melody P.
on 5/30/20 8:03 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday morning menu friends.

I've been up since 3 something am. Yikes...it's gonna be a long looooong day.

we have to run some stuff to donate to the thrift store that's been building up. They are open and taking donations now. You have to wear gloves and masks to enter and only 10 shoppers allowed in at once. The one we frequent is for abused and recovering women and their families. We really like the girls that work there. I look at them as friends and they are super sweet people.

i have a sneaking suspicion that I am lactose intolerant. I had a l&f yogurt for a snack and it has me coughing. Going to try some lactose meds and see if that helps.

qotd:I've got hobbit feet...well sort of. I wear a 12 now and it's hard to find nice shoes that don't cost a fortune. I wear men's sneakers most often as they tend to work best. My favorites are the light weight whatever and below the knee boots. I can't wear said boots due to my back lately...I trip a lot and the ever so small heels make that dangerous.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404