Whats on your Tuesday Menu?

Emiepie
on 6/2/20 6:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I can't wait to see the patio set up!! So my hairdresser texted me that he is no longer doing hair. He had used this time to decide he wants to be an adventurer and dream builder. He referred me to another stylist from the salon he was at the longest recently (he moved salons often-lol) and I have an appt with her in a few weeks. Phew I need it cut bad.

Accountability: On plan.

QOTD: You have had some tough ones lately. I think I'd pick losing the ability to talk as hard as that'd be. I would still be able to communicate through sign language or writing.

TSS: 5 years 9 months

B: SF latte, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Chaffle and carbmaster yogurt

D: BBQ turkey burger on cloud bun, green beans, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: low carb pita with SF jelly and cream cheese, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 6 mile treadmill run and one hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1521 Protein:124 Carbs:123 Fat:65

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 6/2/20 6:44 am - Warren, OH

As long as you can read and write you can communicate with others. I have this strange dream where I see texts going through the air. I wonder how many letters are being transmitted every second. Has to be in the billions.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/2/20 6:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15
catwoman7
on 6/2/20 6:56 am, edited 6/1/20 11:57 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

my friend who had the hip surgery texted me Sunday night and yesterday morning about coming over to her condo to help her pack so the realtor could take pictures (she's selling the place and moving to Minnesota next month), but as usual, I had my phone muted (I HATE phones!) and didn't check my messages until last night. She evidently forgot that FB and email are the best ways to get ahold of me, since I check those multiple times a day. Anyway, I texted her back to apologize and said I was available pretty much every day this week. I dreaded checking my text messages this morning because I did NOT want to spend the whole day helping someone pack, so I was so relieved when she said she was almost done (she's not packing the whole condo right now - just enough to get excess clutter out of the way so the condo can go on the market). Whew. I am SO happy! I was hoping to go on a bike ride this morning and do some lounging around today since I was oddly busy pretty much all day yesterday - and now I can!!!

Accountability was great yesterday, I went for an hour-long bike ride last night with DH, and weight is way down this morning. YAY!! I hope it is as well tomorrow as well, because tomorrow will be a triple - it's a Wednesday (my "official" weigh-in day - the day it gets recorded in my tracker), and it's the 3rd of the month (I had my surgery on the 3rd of the month - so that's the day my monthly weight gets recorded in my Excel spreadsheet), and it's JUNE 3rd to boot - which is exactly five years since my surgery! (June 3, 2015) - so I'll be an official vet tomorrow as well!!!! So I'll have to be extra careful today so my weight stays where it's currently at!!!

QOTD: OMG I hate questions like this!!! I probably read, I swear, like at least 12 hours most days (unless I'm out running around). Between having my nose stuck in a book or magazine, reading email and the news (online and in print), checking OH and other sites I"m on, and getting lost in some rabbit hole on the internet (this morning I've already read about the health benefits of bicycling, and what foods are good for helping with Alzheimer's (prompted by an article I saw this morning in the daily People's Pharmacy e-newsletter), I'm pretty much reading ALL THE TIME. So that would be tough. I'm not a huge talker - and in fact, my ears get tired if I'm with some massive talker for too long (like...DH sometimes!), so my inclination would be to say it would be much harder to give up reading - but then, not being able to communicate would be horribly frustrating. Can you imagine if you were really sick...or injured...or had dementia - and couldn't communicate to someone that you were sick - or hurting - or hungry? YIKES! So I'm not sure. If I was still able to write or sign, at least that would be SOMETHING - but I think not being able to speak would be really tough. So in summary - I don't know - they would both be horrible!

TSS: 4y11m

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

S1: protein shake (probably Fit Frappe since it's been a couple of days - I'm having withdrawal!)

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers

S2: yogurt pie (cheesecake one - topped with strawberry compote). Or else L&F yogurt with raspberries

D: 2 chicken chipotle tacos

have a great day, everyone!!

Teenie
on 6/2/20 7:03 am, edited 6/2/20 1:11 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

Glad to hear your outdoor living area is coming together. Now all you need is great weather to use it. I woke up it was in the 40's here this morning. It has warmed up quickly but I am ready for some 80-90 degree days.

I have not managed to stay away from the news even though I have tried. They had a special report last night that took off Steve Harvey and the Family Feud. I was pissed. The celebrity contestant was the kid from Stranger Things. I would have like to have seen it. But I guess the peaceful protest went awry and 9 officers and 2 protestors ended up in the hospital. Thankfully no one lost there life.

QOTD: I can not shut my mouth. EVER! My Dads last words to me on his death bed were. Baby You know I love you but shut the F*ck Up! BTW He did love me.

Accountability: I bought some SF Russel Stover's candy and I had a caramel last night.

TSS: 2 years 5 Month 22 day 134.8 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Salted Caramel triple zero Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: Dijon Chicken deviled eggs

D: Burger and stuffed mushrooms.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: Planning a 3 mile run.

Everybody have a Great week.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 6/2/20 8:28 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

Is it really just Tue? This week has been looooong! Bad news is non stop and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Today is blackout day on a lot of media forums, but I just read that by tagging theirs with #blacklivesmatter they are doing a disservice to the actual movement, because once somebody is looking for news through the hashtag all they see are these black squares.

On a lighter note, did I tell you guys we bought a ping pong table? It's DH's attempt to make us all do something, together, while SIP. Not a bad idea, but I was a legitimate regional ping pong champion while in middle school and high school. Didn't go beyond region, but let's say even after all these years my ping pong game is a little better than a person who played only recreationally. DH being used to always being better than me in all sports gets so frustrated that I can win the game without breaking a sweat. Last night he got so upset because my hand was in my sweat pants pocket while we were playing. He said can you at least act like you are playing? LOL. I thought this was supposed to bring us together but seems like it's a source of stress. DS is actually enjoying our games, I go easy on him without giving in too much and he really gets excited when he scores a point. He also loves it when his dad loses to me! ;)

QOTD: no brainer for me: reading. Couldn't care less about talking to anybody. As a kid my fantasy was to be locked in a library.

My meals yesterday:

• B: protein coffee
  • L: too hot so had a protein shake
  • S: hb egg
  • D: TJ cauliflower rice and eggs = Chinese fried rice
  • E: 25 minutes cardio + 45 mins strength training

Have a safe day, everybody.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 6/2/20 9:03 am - Warren, OH

Love your answer. There was a Twilight Zone episode where the world ended and this guy was thrilled that he was stuck in a library and now could read as much as he wanted without his wife and boss complaining about it. He stacks up the books in the order he wants to read and then his glasses slip off and he is trapped forever in a blurry world. That episode is probably why I have a drawer with about ten pairs of glasses.

Sheila_H
on 6/2/20 9:14 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

That episode is one of my absolute FAVORITES, and my nightmare. If I remember correctly he actually stepped on his glasses and broke them. My saving grace is I don't need glasses to read

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 6/2/20 11:40 am - Warren, OH

I got my first pair of bifocals two years ago at 70 years of age. Before that I had no problems reading any size print, but one day I could not read small print any more.

I can still read books with large print without glasses. I have a few friends in their 70's who do not wear glasses, but most of them needed reading glasses when they were around 40.

catwoman7
on 6/2/20 6:16 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mr. Bemis!!! He was in a bank vault reading when the world exploded - I remember that episode so well!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 5 views
Recent Topics