What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/9/20 2:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! What's the happs? I have a ton to do today, but then I get to take tomorrow off, because Grim was kind enough to have a birthday in the middle of the week :)

Yesterday the weather was so picture perfect here! It was sunny, bright, temps in the low 80s, and low humidity. I managed to set up a spot outside for most of the day and it was glorious to work outside. I think today is supposed to be exactly the same... I'm loving this set up!

QOTD: Have you ever had a complete cooking fail? Grim was reading me an article about people who are trying to cook for the first time ever since quarantine began and the ridiculous fails. I only remember one time that I really destroyed a meal... It was a Summer Squash Casserole that I had made a hundred times before. But I must have been distracted or tired because I kept forgetting a step or to put in ingredients, so I kept taking it out of the oven to try to "save" it. I think I did that 3 or 4 times. And by the last time, I had forgotten to reset the timer and then managed to burn it within an inch of it's life, haha. Huge fail.

I stuck to my menu perfectly yesterday--it really helps me to take the time, not just to cook on the weekend, but to actually meal prep, by portioning out the food into Tupperware portions ahead of time. I am glad I took the time to do it, and need to make this a habit again, even when I am not leaving the house!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 6/9/20 4:24 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! I'm ready to get this work day over with. I don't know if it's because the weather has been so nice or what, but I have been kind of blah about work lately and lacking the motivation to get anything done.

My accountability was really good yesterday. Stuck to plan and am FINALLY back to my pre vacation weight! Actually 2 ounces below pre vacation weight to be exact and I'll take it! Lol. Now to keep trucking along until I reach my goal.

QOTD: I know I have had a ton of cooking fails, but none of the really good ones come to mind at the moment. I know there have been a couple times where I undercooked or burnt some foods because the timer on the oven stopped working or either I forgot to set it. Most likely I forgot to set it, but I tell myself the oven timer stopped working to make myself feel better. Lol. Not a cooking fail, but I have to share the time my little brother made us both a sandwich for lunch when we were kids. He had to be around 8 or 9. He asked if I wanted lettuce on my sandwich and I said sure! So we sit down to eat these sandwiches, we bite into them and both look at each other. We each commented on how the lettuce tasted a little funny, but thought nothing more of it. Our mom walks in the kitchen and we ask her if the lettuce in the fridge was still good as it tasted a bit strange? She looks at us and says we don't have any lettuce in the fridge. Turns out we had a sandwich with cabbage! I still tease my brother about that to this day. Lol

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 2

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey and a hard boiled egg

D: either salmon and veggies or zoodles and cheese dish my mom made

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Teenie
on 6/9/20 6:50 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

WTG getting back to pre vacation weight.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

SkinnyNikki7
on 6/9/20 8:57 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Congrats on getting back to your pre-vacation weight, that is awesome!!!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/9/20 4:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Yesterday was beautiful wasn't it? It was a little cool on the harbor with the breeze where I met some friends for outdoor lunch but it was lovely regardless. I didn't expect it to be as cloudy as it is this morning but maybe the sun will peek through later.

QOTD: I can't remember an epic fail though I am sure there have been since I don't enjoy cooking (but I do forget negative events when I can). I minimize the mistakes because I only make relatively simple and flavorful recipes so I can't mess up easily. I did try to make a balsamic pot roast in my instant Pot last year that came out really chewy and with no taste. I had frozen the leftovers thinking I might want them at some point, but I finally threw them out recently when I realized there was always going to be something better around to eat.

TSS: 4 years, 2 months

B: Coffee! WW zero point banana/egg pancake

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Healthy Choice simply steamers chicken and vegetable stir fry

S: bean salad or yogurt with strawberry compote, blueberry lemon yogurt pie and/or WW one point blueberry muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 6/9/20 4:59 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning - sorry to tell you but today is going to be cloudy - and tomorrow very muggy, but by Friday things are looking better! Yesterday was glorious!

QOTD: I had to hop in on this one. Once I put a canned ham in the crock pot with apricot preserves, etc. It smelled amazing and i made a ton of sides and gathered the family. The ham ended up the texture of cat food. It was so gross. I ran to KFC and bought a bucket of chicken to make a meal, lol.

I have not been posting - been a disaster eating, but managing to maintain my weight although I bought shorts a size up than normal and they are snug. Time to get my head in the game. Way too much grazing at home and too little activity. My dog has a smushy face and doesn't do well in the heat, so walking is slow and not very beneficial.

Have a great day everyone!

Teenie
on 6/9/20 6:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Thanks for stopping by. It looks like you know what you need to do to get back on track. Good luck! I am rooting for you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

supershopper
on 6/9/20 5:22 am

hi all

QOTD: I made my DH mashed potatoes BUT I didn't have regular milk.. so I used almond milk... vanilla flavor. it was soo gross. another time I made stuffed mushrooms but they had gone bad and were slimy and I threw them all out. also- my first macaroons were a disaster but they tasted good.

food plan today:

coffee/water (2.5-3 liters)

cauliflower/oat/egg thing? or eggs/not sure

L: turkey/veggies

D: not sure/veggies

s: yogurt pie?

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teenie
on 6/9/20 6:58 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I have had Macaroon failure in my lifetime. It took a lot of practice. Right before surgery DH and I perfected them and everyone loved them. I have not made them again since.

Christina135
on 6/9/20 5:24 am, edited 6/9/20 2:41 am

Good morning everyone!

*came back to edit food

QOTD- You know those pinterest fails? Hi. It me. The worst would have to be a toss up between a mayonnaise chicken dish, and a tater tot casserole (both in the crockpot). It was so bad, I wouldn't even feed it to the dogs. Thankfully, my cooking has improved.

Breakfast - hot coffee and lots of it, I'm dragging butt this morning.

Lunch - Soyrizo, potato, onion and tofu scramble taco! With nutritional yeast and salsa.

Dinner - Not sure, whatever I can find leftover in the fridge, maybe a naan pizza or crisp baked tofu and veggies

Hope everyone has a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?