What's on your (PHOTO FRIDAY) Menu?

Teenie
on 6/12/20 1:49 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

We have exact same fridge even the contents.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

SkinnyNikki7
on 6/12/20 11:15 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

TGIF! School is pretty much officially done. I had my last Google Meet with my students today. Talk about sad especially when they didn't want the meeting to end. Waaaahhh. I really hope we can go back to school in September. I really don't think I can take anymore distance learning. It consumes all my time! It's even worse trying to teach and then help my own 6 kids with all their work.

Today marks 3 weeks I've been trying to get rid of my regain. I am happy to report I am down 9.4 lbs. I haven't cheated at all and I'm pretty proud of myself :) Although, we have a few birthdays coming up so I'm not sure if I can resist birthday desserts but we will see.

No pics for me this week either. I honestly don't do much so nothing exciting to show anyone! Maybe I will find one later and post it.

QOTD: How did you spend your summers as a kid? I was a camp kid too. When I was little I went to camp and as I got older I became a camp counselor. I loved it. I loved the waterslide, crafts, meeting new people, mini golf, pretty much everything. I even loved the lake which is funny because you would never catch me in a lake now that I'm an adult.

B: coffee and premier protein

L:protein shake

D:Tortilla Pepperoni Pizza

S:greek yogurt/not sure maybe a salad

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Emiepie
on 6/12/20 12:28 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

9.4 lbs already?!?!?!? great job.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 6/12/20 2:16 pm, edited 6/12/20 7:37 am

Hi you guys! It's 2 PM here on the West coast, but I figure better late than never!

Today is my 3-year surgiversary! Hard I believe that 3 years ago I weighed 353 pounds. What a painful misery that was! My poor knees hurt constantly, even when I was just lying in bed. Everything physical was difficult, and I was constantly embarrassed by my appearance. I am so, so glad that I decided to go for that surgery - it saved my life. Not kidding.

It's so grey and rainy here, and I am so over the gloom. I miss California!

I have been struggling a bit with my weight lately although I really haven't changed my eating habits much at all - occasionally I have some berries and plain nonfat Greek yogurt, both of which add carbs. I stopped buying that SF flavored coffee creamer because I was going through too much of it, and it is really just junk. I went back to just using plain cashew milk in my coffee and tea, and find it very satisfying. I let myself have as much of that as I want, with Jordan's Skinny Syrups. That too is junk, but with 0 calories and 0 carbs, it's my favorite junk! I've pared way down on my cheese consumption too - I love the suff, but it is just so caloric that I have reduced my purchases and my intake. Anyway, I'm up a bit on the scale - 7 pounds - which puts me at 133, and it shows in my abdomen (particularly after my recent abdominal surgery - I hope some of this is still swelling, and that I can whittle it down). I also can see it at the top of my thighs. So I am working on it! I don't eat any starches at all, no grains at all, and no sugar except what naturally is in berries and yogurt. That's been my way all along though - I know myself, and it's easier to avoid these things completely than to have access and attempt to maintain sufficient control. Especially with sweets, my kryptonite! The one thing I need to do more of is to use my food scale more consistently - I have let hat practice lag. But I religiously step on the scale every single morning!

Although the scale isn't quite where I prefer it to be, the good news is that today I am wearing a great pair of black skinny jeans in a size Zero, and an XS top which is actually a little roomier than I prefer. So I am happy, but regardless, I am determined to get back down to 126-127. I guess my honeymoon period has truly ended!

QOTD: We had a lake house and my mom, my brother and I would drive up for a good part of the summer there. My dad, whose birthday was yesterday (he would have been 97!) Would drive up for some weekends, and would be there for a week or two at some point. I have wonderful memories of those days!

FIRST: Actually I haven't eaten yet. I had to see my surgeon late this morning for a post-op visit, and he's a good 90 minutes away. I just left without eating or drinking, and am still having my first few mugs of Irish Breakfast Tea.

B: chicken

L: tuna, HB egg

D: probably more chicken

Tons of tea with cashew milk and SF syrup!

Have a wonderful day, my friends!

P.S., I'm having trouble uploading a photo. It's on the site, but I can't seem to get it in my post. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Sheila_H
on 6/12/20 4:11 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Happy surgiversary. Hard to believe it's been three years. Mine is coming up too, at the end of the month. I'm sure even with 6-7 lbs extra you are still lean, but I understand the comfort zone as I'm fighting to get back to mine. Hope to see you here more often.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 6/12/20 10:25 pm, edited 6/12/20 3:26 pm

Thank you, beautiful Sheila! I'm grateful my clothes all fit, but I can see the difference. My favorite weight is 127, though 126 will do. I'm committing, right now, to using my food scale to record and account for every bite! I am determined to return to - and to stay - in the 120's!

SkinnyNikki7
on 6/12/20 5:31 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Surgiversary!! You have a lot to be proud of!!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Emiepie
on 6/12/20 6:28 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Surgiversary!! Always nice to see you check in.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 6/13/20 5:38 am
RNY on 06/03/15

a 10-20 lb rebound weight gain that occurs around year three is unfortunately REALLY common. Fighting that myself. I probably needed to gain that first 10 lbs as I was pretty gaunt looking, but that last 10 lbs, no. Really struggling to get that off. Anyway, just wanted to say that what you're experiencing is really common.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views