What's on your Monday Menu?

ScaleSkater
on 6/15/20 6:36 am, edited 6/14/20 11:38 pm

Good morning. Making slow pain progress, but sleeping much better - thankfully. Went out to dinner for the first time in months Saturday and I was shocked at how poorly this high quality restaurant was managing things related to the virus. I watched from my corner table how almost every table turned over with little to no cleaning (even less than you'd normally expect). Waitstaff had the masks covering their mouths but not their noses, or didn't have any masks.... It was concerning. However, it was still nice to just get out and be around people. However, we won't be going there again. It is the same around here with grocery and shopping. Some stores go above and beyond and some do nothing except the minimum. That has resulted in my going to our nearby high end grocery vs. the discounter (except when I need something only they have).

QOTD - I was hired as the Director of Boating and Fishing for a day camp back when i was a Sophomore in college. That was a fun job that had lots of perks, but paid about minimum wage. Basically i worked all summer for about $2500 to help with expenses at school.

Holding steady at 172 and keeping up my activity as it helps with my back.

B - Oatmeal, nut-butter, apples with cinnamon

L - Stuffed pepper

S - SF popsicles

D - 2/3 cup rice/lentils and chicken

S - Scoop sorbet

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/15/20 11:00 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is amazing (to me) how much variation between restaurants. We went to one in Florida similar to your description and another one doing everything right. Friday night we went out to a place we thought would be good but it was closer to yours than I liked. DS went out last night to a family owned long-time restaurant here and was very impressed by how they handled it (and DS can be a bit anxious so that says a lot).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 6/15/20 1:13 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yeah I have heard reports of good and bad all over the place. I guess I will keep cooking... sigh...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/15/20 1:22 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Some are definitely doing a good job - maybe you will feel more comfortable once you hear specific recommendations from people you trust.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 6/15/20 1:32 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yeah in retrospect its the "people that you trust" part that is probably my sticking point. I think I have been mostly hearing the positive reports from people who I either don't think share my level of safety/concern or people who work in the industry and have an interest in saying how safe it is. I need an impartial report!

White Dove
on 6/15/20 6:37 am - Warren, OH

I never took a job that I did not believe was right for me and the first day of work was always fun and interesting. New people, new things to learn, a new environment to work in, And always a sense of relief that I had gotten through the interview process and been hired.

I remember some jobs that did not work out for various reasons. I believed that God had a different plan for me and that particular job or environment was just not where I was supposed to be.

I always had top grades in school and also excellent office skills, so never had much trouble getting a job. I also had the knack for "looking the part", which I learned mostly from watching movies. There were several times I got into a company through Kelly Services or other temp agencies and then was hired into a permanent position.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/15/20 6:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

it's another beautiful day. I have no motivation to do my usual daily walk and/or bike ride, but since I start colon prep tonight for my colonoscopy on Wednesday, I'd better get out there and do it because I sure as heck won't be able to tomorrow or Wednesday (my required COVID-19 test was negative, btw!).

I'm supposed to stop eating at noon today, but since they evidently sent the me the instructions for morning colonoscopy patients (mine isn't until 3:00 pm), I may go a bit longer. Like maybe until late this afternoon. Two days of fasting seems pretty extreme. Last time around I just had to do a 24-hour fast, and from the checking around I did on the internet, that seems to be pretty standard. I hate to not follow instructions, but I do think this is more for the morning people. Mine is at least six hours after theirs. Stopping at like 3:00 or 4:00 this afternoon is STILL a two-day fast, so...

I have my online Mah Jongg game at 10:00 this morning, and then a driveway, social distanced meet-up with a couple of friends this afternoon.

QOTD: I don't remember any particularly bad first-day experiences, but I once took a job as a financial aid advisor at a small college. I wasn't stupid - I knew it would be a lot of paper-pushing, but I thought there'd also be some student contact with it - like helping students find other or additional sources of funding if they didn't qualify for all they wanted, for example. But no. I just sat in an office and processed loan applications all day, for the most part. And it was pretty evident very early on that that's what I'd be doing for the rest of my life if I stayed there. No thanks. I lasted all of six months.

TSS: 5y (low-fiber diet day #2....this is tough....)

B: Greek yogurt with diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: either 2 Costco chicken skewers or some protein pudding with 2 T light Cool Whip

AS: yogurt. Or more protein pudding (I need to quit making this stuff - I always overdo it when it's in the fridge. But given the upcoming fast, I don't really care today...)

D: if I decide to not start the fast until after dinner, then whatever I don't have for lunch, I'll eat now. Or if I decide to go ahead with this fast earlier in the day, then sugar free Jello!

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 6/15/20 7:10 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning JB and Menuers,

This weekend was totally great. I had my cousin and his family over for a swim party and even though it was in the low 70"s the heater really made it a pleasant day yesterday. It was almost 6:00 when they left. I told them time really does fly when your having fun.

We did need to run to Walmart on Saturday and I am so surprised to see how nonchalant people are about not trying to protect anybody. I can see this blowing up bigger than the first round the way people are acting.

I am going to try to take off the next to Fridays since I won't need time off in October. I got a cancelation notice from Omni that OH has canceled my reservation for the convention but I have not heard from them about a refund on my ticket and the airline even though I purchased insurance said because the conference was cancelled due to a pandemic my insurance does not qualify for a refunds. I think it is going to take a while to get any money back if I get any at all. Sucky!!!

Accountably: Caramel covered cheese balls and whole wheat chocolate chip cookies. I know whole wheat does not make them any better for the diet but I have a bag of whole wheat flour I need to use so I made them for the party. Everyone seemed to like them a lot except for me because my RNY did its job and I got sick. WTG pouch!!!

SS: 2 years 6 Month 4day 135.2 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Salted Caramel triple zero Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries,

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: Crock pot pizza a wedge od chicken quesadilla

D: Cheese burger no bun and stuffed mushrooms.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: Three mile run if I have time I got an eye appointment tonight.

Everybody have a Great Week..

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 6/15/20 1:15 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

That's a bummer about the conference. I am not surprised at all, though... I hope you get all your refunds easily.

Julia S.
on 6/15/20 1:30 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I'm not sure about the insurance. I had cancellation insurance that cover Covid 19. I filed my claim on 3/15/20 and I still haven't received a dime. I know there are a lot of people filing claims but seriously 3 months? My last contact was on 5/28/20 and I've provided everything they asked for, or not because I never got a new itinerary. I could get no one to answer my phone calls and when I finally did get through their computers were down for 2 hours, so I just went to the airline desk and changed my return flight. So frustrating even when they are supposed to cover this. So good luck!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 100 views