What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/16/20 9:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Reactive Hypoglycemia: when your blood sugar plunges due to an insulin spike. More common after RNY than other Bariatric surgeries because simple sugars go into the intestine quickly due to no valve at the bottom of the stomach (the pyloric sphincter is removed). If it develops it can be 2-3 years post-op. Lots of info available if you google or from others on OH who have it.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Partlypollyanna
on 6/16/20 6:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! Happy Tuesday!

qotd - 6 Swedish thin gingerbread cookies, the day after Christmas. Dumping and RH, not fun. Of all the things, RH is my least favorite so wanting to avoid it keeps me relatively disciplined.

menu today will be

ever roast deli chicken

carbmaster cottage cheese

grain free English muffin with 1 tablespoon pb

light and fit greek

half and half in my coffees

i have Pilates tonight, am still on track for my working out everyday in June! I'm doing the coast to coast June challenge on my elliptical, if I do 7 of their various workouts, I get a magnet. I appear to be very motivated by magnets, lol

have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 6/16/20 6:47 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's the last day of helming (is this a word?? )the ship alone at work, so I am very excited about that. It's been busy, but not brutal. Time is still flying by. They'll be no walks today, but maybe some light yoga and resistance training this evening. Been at my desk for a while and getting organized.

QOTD: In my 7.5 months, I have had a single little bite of homemade lemon bars, a single bite of homemade ice cream and a single bite of a cookie. While Grim bakes bread, my husband bakes treats. We package 75% of them up right away, and I bring them into the office for the "kids", the balance my husband and granddaughters eat. Had no problem with those items. But, I ate the tippy top 2 inch pointy of a piece of quattro formaggi pizza at 5 months and I thought my heart would jump out of my chest. I seem to be sensitive to that type of carbs. I've stayed away just about completely since then. That feeling is yucky.

Menu:

B: coffee and 1/2 PP shake

L: 3 oz roasted chicken, 1/4 C refried beans, 1 TBSP shredded cheddar, 1 TSP sour cream. ( I made 4 grab and go lunches of this exact meal, so lunches are really easy for me this week)

D: leftover tri tip and a little Irish cheddar.

S: 1/2 PP shake and 1/2 oz beef jerky if needed.

Peace, Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 6/16/20 7:04 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

Julia, it must be such a great feeling to have your review back and it's all positive.

Last night we watched Miracle on Ice, about the 1984 US hockey team. I really like movies that show teamwork and camaraderie. It doesn't have to be just sports, it could be life or workplace. Speaking of camaraderie and teamwork, I miss being at work. I thought this period of forced vacation would be a bliss but I actually miss working. I had been wfh for the last 18 years, and the plan was after DS goes to college I go back into a real office, because honestly working from home is lonely no matter how many zooms you have. I had put my feelers out for a couple of positions at a college nearby. But now with the unemployment the way it is, my type of job is the last to come back.

QOTD: i vividly remember. I had lost about 70 lbs and like a ding bat thought of celebrating my loss with a frozen yogurt. The shakes and almost passing out were not worth it. Now I've learned my limit and if I have it, it's less than half a scoop just to taste the new flavors they always come up with. But I don't do it often, maybe once every 3-4 months.

My meals yesterday:

• B: protein coffee
  • L: TJ chicken fajita
  • S: almond butter SF cookie
  • D: cauliflower stir fry + eggs
  • E: 6 miles wog

Happy taco Tuesday, everybody.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 6/16/20 8:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Almond butter SF cookie - tell me more.

Jen

Sheila_H
on 6/16/20 9:14 am, edited 6/16/20 2:15 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Makes 12 cookies

Ingredients

• 1 Cup of SF granulated sugar (stevia, swerve)
  • 1 Cup of your favorite nut butter (almond butter)
  • 1 egg

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl
  3. Scoop out dough in a golf size ball
  4. Place evenly on a parchment paper
  5. Flatten the mounds with the tines of a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the cookies.
  6. Bake until golden brown (about 10 minutes)
  7. Once baked allow cookies to completely cool. They will appear soft but will harden after they cool.
  8. WW purple - 4 pts
  9. MFP - 133 cals, 5 carbs

Partlypollyanna
on 6/16/20 11:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Those sound yummy and easy!

Jen

Sheila_H
on 6/16/20 12:34 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Very dense. I can't eat more than one cookie, even if I wanted to. That's a good thing for me because I was known to wolf down a lot of cookies before WLS.

Teenie
on 6/16/20 7:24 am, edited 6/16/20 12:49 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

JB so happy you had a great review. I have worked here for 23 years and we don't have reviews. I wonder what the owner would say if he had to review me. He has called me in to scold me for social things. (Stuff I found out and told other employees and he didn't want it to be common knowledge) but other than that I really don't speak to him unless I have problems with pricing. I guess it's a good thing.

I can tell you that the last year of my fathers life I was having a hard time dealing with it so my sales numbers dipped. My boss(owner of the company) never said anything and about 3 months after my dad passed he called me in and addressed my numbers. I said I have had bad numbers for over a year why are you only calling me out on this now? He said Christine, You had so much on your shoulders with you family me calling you in and pressuring you wouldn't make anything better. You were going through to much. One more thing could have put you over the edge. Now that the loss of your father is out of the way it's now time to get your head back in the game. So I am sure if he needs to speak to me he will.

Yesterday I had an eye appointment with a new DO and she told me I have the beginning of Cataracts. OMG sign of being an OG.

QOTD: About 4 weeks out of surgery I was making a cheesecake and I accidently licked the beater. OMG I was spitting and rinsing my mouth out I thought I was going to get sick. I was so nervous I really thought I screwed up royally. But I was fine.

Accountability: I ate more caramel covered cheeseballs and I didn't exersize Went to eye appointment.

SS: 2 years 6 Month 5 day 135.8 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos Salted Caramel triple zero Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries,

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: Pork salad and pea salad

D: Turkey stuffed zucchini with ricotta and provolone.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been good. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: Three mile run if I have time I got a facial appointment tonight.

Everybody have a Great day..

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 6/16/20 7:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've had cataracts for the last four years or so, and they're still really small. I suppose at some point I may need surgery, but they seem to be really slow-growing. Hopefully yours will be as well!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 337 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?