What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/18/20 2:32 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Little Friday! I have tomorrow off, so it's a real Friday for me! YAY! I don't have any plans but I am happy to have the time. I have been feeling really "off" all week and yesterday I felt low-key nauseous all day. I think it may be dehydration from being outside in the heat a lot more, while I enjoy my outside office. Will I ever figure out how to stay hydrated? Probably not...I am clearly not very bright!

I did better with food yesterday, but not perfect. It was my first day without a billion back to back meetings and I found myself grazing more than I should have. Back to busy today, though, so at least I won't have the opportunity to eat all day! Yay?

QOTD: Were you in plays/theater when you were a kid? I loved acting and I used to write plays for the neighborhood kids to act in. I was in all of the school plays as a kid until HS when it wasn't cool anymore. But the best experience was every summer up at camp. Our camp's theater director had been on Broadway and she was really great at getting really great musical theater out of a bunch of little kids. We did Carousel, The King and I, Fiddler on the Roof, Godspell, Annie, Grease... I have great memories of being part of those productions!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 6/18/20 3:23 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I don't have much scheduled for meetings today but I have to put together a training that I will be presenting on Monday and I also have so much homework to get done. I'm taking a SOC class on Human Trafficking. It's both really interesting and terrifying, but the discussion posts are killing me. Each one requires watching hours of documentaries.They're only 20% of the total class grade but each one is 1,200-1,500 words and there are 2-3 of them to complete per week. The professor is really engaged and a super grammar Nazi. The only bad thing about that for me is that it means if I skip a few posts she's sure to notice because she's been giving positive feedback on all of them. This class ends on 6/30 and my next one starts on 7/1 but my next class is "Fitness Walking". I'm required to have two PE courses for my 100% online degree. How dumb is that? I asked my advisor if I could submit my half marathon training for an independent study and he declined me. So instead I'll take a class on...walking. I'm just hoping there's not a paper to write or some stupid thing. Also, they abbreviated the Summer Session II courses to last from 7/1-7/31 instead of 8/5 because fall classes are starting early, and I hope she's not going to prescribe 30 miles per week or something.

QOTD: Nope, I'm 100% an introvert that hates that kind of thing.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • Eggs, Sweet Potato, Bacon, Strawberries
  • Chicken & Veggies, again - we need to get to the store and stock up on meat

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Teenie
on 6/18/20 7:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I had a young free spirited friend that went to Hawaii and was followed around the Islands. She said it was so strange they were camping and various camp grounds around the islands and if they changed islands there would be another one of these guys show up. She was very creeped out. She said they were trying to see if she had family or if she was a runaway to see if she went missing if anyone would come looking for her. They ended there journey early after they went to the 3 island and these guys showed up there too. Very scary.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 6/18/20 8:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Please write your thesis for Fitness Walking on the Prancersise Lady!

White Dove
on 6/18/20 4:00 am - Warren, OH

The only thing I remember is the yearly Christmas pageant. Each class had a theme and we had costumes, songs, and dances. I know in first grade our class theme was "Christmas in Florida". We wore bathing suits and had a backdrop of a beach. I really wanted to spend Christmas in Florida, but never have.

The sixth graders would do the Nativity scene, with Mary and Joseph, the doll in a manger, and kids in bathrobes as the shepherds and Wiseman. I wanted to be picked to be Mary and I was. I remember kneeling at the manger with whatever boy was Joseph while everyone sang Christmas carols.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 6/18/20 8:38 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I taught for three years at a Catholic School and the Christmas Pageant was such a big deal there. One of my funniest memories was watching my little first graders dressed up like the shepherds, lambs and donkeys, get into a huge brawl and literally punch each other while dressed for the manger. They were a handful.

MadisonRose
on 6/18/20 4:20 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Had a mess to clean up this morning as my poor cat not only threw up in three different spots on my white rug, but also poo'd on the floor. I have no one to blame but myself though as I ran out of the cat litter he was used to and had to improvise and use a different brand I had on hand. Ordered some more of the one he likes though and hopefully it gets here soon!

Accountability was pretty good yesterday and hoping today will be much of the same. I'll be getting off work early today for a dentist appointment and then after I'll probably run by the store to pick up some ingredients to make a peanut butter pie for my dad for fathers day. Hoping work runs a little smoother today as yesterday was busy and hectic since I had to cover another coworkers tasks who was off yesterday. She will be back today so it will be my normal duties thank goodness!

QOTD: Not really other than a Christmas play or two in church. I was very shy and introverted as a kid....still am really so that kind of thing I avoided if at all possible. Although in middle school my best friend talked me into joining the chorus club (can't sing a lick mind you). All I can say is I must have been out of my damn mind. We had to sing in a concert in front of the whole school, parents and everything. Can't remember being more nervous in my life except for maybe in high school when we had to dress up and act out scenes from The Canterbury Tales in front of the class....it was part of our grade so I had to do it. Ugh! Then in college in my public speaking course I had to take. Other than that I avoid any kind of public engagement!

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 2

L: 2 oz chicken breast and a hard boiled egg

D: salmon and veggies

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 6/18/20 4:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Well, the colonoscopy is OVER, and I don't have to go back for 10 more years! YAY!! No polyps, but he said I have "redundant colon" (i.e., an abnormally long large intestine). I read up on it when I got home. It's not dangerous - unless it twists around itself and causes obstruction, but evidently that's not very common. Whew. But it does explain some of the issues I've been having for a long time - like chronic constipation, frequent bloating, and frequent abdominal pain. It also explains why it took FOREVER to clear during my bowel prep - and he said next time I have a colonoscopy, he's going to recommend I have double the prep fluid. CRAP!! I was hoping he'd say I could just buy two bottles of magnesium citrate and have it two nights in a row before the official prep, instead of one. THAT I can tolerate. But double that horrible prep fluid? Egad. At least I have 10 more years before I have to do this, but....UGH!!!!

so today I'm feeling like a waterlogged, bloated mess, and I'm not hungry AT ALL, and I'm up 3 lbs despite having very few calories for the last three days. It's got to be all the sodium, because I'm very sensitive to it. I drank a quart of chicken broth on Tuesday and yesterday (loaded with sodium), and I had an IV for about two hours yesterday (I had to wait forever to get into the "procedure room"), and IV fluids have sodium in them as well. I'll just plan on drinking a TON of fluids today, and hopefully by tomorrow I'll have a lot of this excess fluid out of me. But at least feeling like a bloated mess will guarantee I won't overeat today!!

so today I have a couple of errands to run, and I have to run by my mom's sometime to look at her email, because she's been complaining that there's some kind of problem with it. I'll also take a walk or bike ride this morning before it gets too hot, because it's supposed to get up into the high 80s later on today. Ugh. I should probably go to the gym and do weights as well. It's been a couple of days since I've exercised since you know - bowel prep.

QOTD: I was in lots of plays when I was growing up - school, summer youth theater, and community theater. I loved it! Haven't been in any since high school, though - I guess I lost interest at some point.

TSS: 5 y

B: Greek yogurt with 1/2 mango, coffee with half & half (YAY!! I can drink coffee again!!! Well, I could during prep - but with no half & half or creamer - so I drank black tea instead)

MS: Fit Frappe

L: 2 Costco chicken skewers

AS: L&F with raspberries - or a piece of yogurt pie

D: I'm thinking spaghetti with 3 meatless meatballs

have a great day, everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/18/20 4:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

At least it is DONE and you are healthy! Yeah, sodium is tough on the body. Maybe in 10 years there will be a new way of prepping or testing (one can only hope)??

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 6/18/20 4:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I hope so - I'm already dreading having to drink double that prep fluid, and it's 10 years away!!! Hopefully they'll improve things before then, since so many people hate that prep fluid!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views