What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/22/20 2:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! Ok Monday, let's do thiiiiiis!

I had a really nice 3 day weekend--it actually felt pretty "normal". I went to a garden center on Friday and bought lots of beautiful flowers for my new plant stand (see below). Then I had a friend come over for take-out and a movie on Friday night. Then Sunday we hosted my parents here for Father's Day. It was such a nice break from the usual routines and it was really great to have my parents here! :)

I really over ate yesterday, though! We had a pretty big feast set up for my parents and I had it all! Potatoes, Steak, Corn on the Cob, Grim's fresh bread & cake... Plus I had fruit, cheese & crackers for an appetizer. I am supposed to have 23 points a day and yesterday I had 39! Oooookay. But the good news is that we finally have an AC set up in my treadmill room, so I can get back to some more aggressive exercise. For awhile, I'd been only doing some short slow-paced walks to keep from overheating. Both of my parents tried the treadmill yesterday--my Dad walked at 1.0 pace but he did an entire 30 minute guided walk through the Giza Pyramid (through iFit) and he loved it! I am pretty sure that was more sustained exercise than he has gotten in months and he really enjoyed it! They are talking seriously about getting one, now, and I think it would be great for them.

QOTD: What movie really "spoke to you" about your generation when you were a teenager? I rewatched Pump Up the Volume this weekend, which I loved when it came out in 90. It was so angry and raw. It was still pretty good, but I had to laugh a little--all of these white privileged kids had pretty great lives, but our cynical Gen X crowd was ready to overthrow all authority figures for no really good reason. I also loved Heathers and The Breakfast Club for the same reason... so angry, haha!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/22/20 3:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone. Wish I were asleep!

hoping the NP will have some answers and options for at least a little relief. I'm feeling really miserable. I wrote down all my concerns and questions and they're already in my purse.

qotd:hmmm I'm drawing a blank on this one. Not a big movie person.

b:egg with a waffle

l:egg with a piece of toast

d: tilapia fillet

unsure of snacks.

Queen JB
on 6/22/20 4:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I hope you get some answers today!

Melody P.
on 6/22/20 5:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! Me too :)

Melody P.
on 6/22/20 12:55 pm - Amarillo, TX

The np did nothing but reduce the muscle relaxer. She was worried if I have pain after the surgery it'd be harder to control if I changed right now.

I cried...am still upset. I feel utterly defeated.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/22/20 1:49 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good that you have everything written down; it really helps to keep things on track.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

MadisonRose
on 6/22/20 4:16 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! I am still half asleep. Can't believe it's Monday already! I got a new kitten yesterday! She is the sweetest thing and slept with me all night. Not that I got much sleep though! lol. So I'm pretty tired. I'll try to get a pic posted at some point this week. In a rush this morning! I'm trying to think of names for her so suggestions are welcome!

Accountability yesterday was just plain horrible! I ate so much and more than half of it was NOT on plan! I already had planned out what I was going to order for brunch yesterday, but all of the healthy options I wanted they did not have so I just ended up having the damn blueberry pancakes and the day just went downhill from there food wise. Today is back on track!

QOTD: some of these came out before I was a teenager, but they really stick out in my mind. Now and Then, The Breakfast Club, Little Women, The Dead Poets Society.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 2

L: 2 oz chicken breast and a hard boiled egg

D: leftover shrimp Alfredo with zoodles

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 6/22/20 4:48 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Aw can't wait to see pics of the new kitten! We have just been rewatching all of the Wonder Years and I said if I ever had a female kitten again, I would name her Winnie :)

catwoman7
on 6/22/20 5:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oooooo.....kitten!!!! Yes - post pictures when you have them!!

catwoman7
on 6/22/20 5:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

we once had a cat named Ruthie, and I still love that name. Also, a friend has a Rosie. I love that, too! My brother recently got a cat that he named Mallory. I like that one too...

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics