What's on your Monday Menu?

ecm1109
on 6/22/20 9:21 am

Hi Chrissy,

i have absolutely zero knowledge or experience with this but my dad asked me to look into it to help with some of his chronic pain, so I happen to have just read this article this morning, so I thought I would share with you.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/17411-radio frequency-ablation#:~:text=Radiofrequency%20ablation%20uses% 20an%20electric,back%2C%20neck%20and%20arthritic%20joints.

Eileen

Teenie
on 6/22/20 10:13 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Thank you for the insight, I thought of this as good options also. However we discussed this with pain management and said he is not a good candidate because the nerves he is having problems with can not be ablated. If they did it he would not be able to walk. I'm sure there is an answer just have not found it yet.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/22/20 1:47 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Sending well wishes to your hubby, that stinks!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 6/22/20 7:25 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning all!

Welcome back Karen. Emipie, I'm so sorry for your loss, hugs from afar. JB, beautiful job on the backyard oasis! Love it.

I did well this weekend food wise, not so great on the exercise. As expected after my big number of calories on Saturday, I am up this morning. Still under my range, and tracking it all so I can determine what my new pattern will be. Had dinner with the fam yesterday for Father's day and just had a bit of ham and maybe a quarter cup of salad. Was nice just hanging out with the kids and grandkids for a few hours.

QOTD: I realize this is going to make me sound like I was trouble, but at 16/17 we were at the drive in movies every weekend. Saturday Night Fever, Rocky Horror picture show and somehow "Everything you wanted to know about sex". The bad behavior part is that for sure I was stoned watching Rocky Horror and Everything you wanted to know. To this day, I still have mental flashbacks of a huge boob rolling down a hill. And I still have an automated response to several Rocky Horror references. (Dammit, Janet, I love you). I've seen Rocky Horror many times and a few years ago went to local theater production of it. Still fun, but now it's ****tails before instead of pot. Love the music though!!

Menu: Limited. Really need to send the hubs to the grocery store:

B: coffee 1/2 PP shake

L: 1 oz sugar free beef jerky and 10 Parmesan Whisps

D: boneless pork chop and probably tomato and Halumi

S: 1/2 PP shake

Peace, Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Queen JB
on 6/22/20 7:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I went to one midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Sing Along a bunch of years ago, and it was seriously so fun! I had only seen it once before so I didn't know all of the words but it was a blast to see everyone there yelling out the lines--most people dressed up too. I loved it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 6/22/20 7:39 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Throwing toast! LOL. Midnight showings were the best.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 6/22/20 2:55 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Rocky Horror was the big thing when I was in college. I swear EVERYONE went EVERY weekend! It was great fun. I went again maybe 20 years ago and it wasn't nearly as crazy as it was 40 years ago when it came out. People just basically yelled at the screen. Oh well - at least the music is good!

White Dove
on 6/22/20 8:37 am, edited 6/22/20 1:41 am - Warren, OH

My high school years were the 1962 - 1966 and teenagers were not angry yet. We lived in a fairly innocent world. We saw movies like the Miracle Worker and The Longest Day. I loved Cleopatra and the Bible.

When I was in 10th grade, we had a project where we sent Christmas cards to people recovering in military hospitals. The military would send us a list of people to address the cards to.

That year there was a tremendous increase in the amount of cards that they requested. That is how we started to realize how many were being injured in Vietnam. Up until then there was little said about it. By the time we graduated many of us were angry and when Kent State happened, we were beyond angry.

I have not be separated from the internet in many years. I am not sure how well i would handle that, Karen. Glad to see you back.

I am really excited to see pictures of the new kitten and suggest a name once I see her.

Losing friends is hard, even though we are grateful that they are no longer suffering. I am sorry for your loss, Kelly.

JB: The outdoor space is so beautiful. I keep looking at my backyard and thinking of what I would like to do there. It is going to be a rainy afternoon, but I have plenty of indoor things to keep me quite busy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/22/20 2:56 pm
RNY on 06/03/15
White Dove
on 6/22/20 8:39 am - Warren, OH

My high school years were the 1962 - 1966 and teenagers were not angry yet. We lived in a fairly innocent world. We saw movies like the Miracle Worker and The Longest Day. I loved Cleopatra and the Bible.

When I was in 10th grade, we had a project where we sent Christmas cards to people recovering in military hospitals. The military would send us a list of people to address the cards to.

That year there was a tremendous increase in the amount of cards that they requested. That is how we started to realize how many were being injured in Vietnam. Up until then there was little said about it. By the time we graduated many of us were angry and when Kent State happened, we were beyond angry.

I have not be separated from the internet in many years. I am not sure how well i would handle that, Karen. Glad to see you back.

I am really excited to see pictures of the new kitten and suggest a name once I see her.

Losing friends is hard, even though we are grateful that they are no longer suffering. I am sorry for your loss.

The outdoor space is so beautiful. I keep looking at my backyard and thinking of what I would like to do there. It is going to be a rainy afternoon, but I have plenty of indoor things to keep me quite busy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 503 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views