What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Maddymoe2
on 6/23/20 3:39 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning. I am having sleep issues too. I can't seem to shut my brain off. I have been up since 1 a.m. I am struggling and I know I need to get my crap together. I feel like I have been mindlessly on auto pilot since this pandemic hit. They closed my work mid March. We are in phase 3 right now. I am hopeful that it will re-open soon.

My son left on Father Day for the Coast Guard. That was really hard. I held it together until he hugged the dog goodbye. He hugged me too and told me, thank you for always being a good Mamma. I am just feeling a little lost. It's just my husband and I at home now. My house is quiet and it feels odd.

QOTD- I cannot be trusted with rustic sourdough bread. I love all the toast with the butter!!

JB- I too had Cheez-it issues pre-op and wheat thins. I could and did easily eat a box a day!!

Food plan for today-

2 cups black coffee

2 hard boiled eggs

1 can albacore tuna with onion, dill pickle and skinny girl poppy seed dressing

grilled cod with asparagus

No snacks and lots of water and ice tea. Vitamins always

Its going to be 90 today. I am hoping for a walk early before it gets too hot. Have a great day everyone, and be kind to yourself.

Sheila_H
on 6/23/20 7:19 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Kids leaving home is hard.
We might be empty nesters come this fall, depending on the COVID situation and colleges.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 6/23/20 4:43 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Sorry things are tough but good o see you posting!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 6/23/20 4:18 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! I have come to realize that I can't allow the new kitten to sleep in the bed with me every night or I'd never get any sleep! Lol She's ready to play at night....all night since she sleeps pretty much all day while I'm working. I have not introduced Chester, my cat I've had for several years now, to the kitten yet. He's an older dominant cat who thinks he's king of the house so I'm taking it slow on introducing them as I'm not sure how he'd react. He definitely knows she exists though and has been curious sniffing under my bedroom door where I have her. I think once he gets used to her though that they could become best friends. Chester has really bad separation anxiety and hates being left alone so I figured a friend would do him good whenever I can't be home. He's gotten so spoiled now since I've been working from home. lol

Accountability was great yesterday! I'm happy about that since it was pretty horrible over the weekend. Still kind of feels like my stomach is recovering.

QOTD: Chex mix and popcorn! I can't be trusted to even look at it. No matter how much self control I think I have....it all disappears when I have either of those two items in my hands! Ugh

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 2

L: 2 oz chicken breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz salmon with zucchini and yellow squash

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Here is the new kitten who still doesn't have a name yet! I'm so indecisive! Lol

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

White Dove
on 6/23/20 4:51 am, edited 6/22/20 9:52 pm - Warren, OH

There was a movie back in the 1980's called Gremlins. It had these destructive little creatures called Mogwai. They had very big ears. One of the creatures was a good and kind Mogwai and his name was Gizmo. I would call your kitty Gizmo for those giant ears.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/23/20 5:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Your new kitty looks a lot like my son's Lavender:

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 6/23/20 6:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

she is absolutely adorable!

we've always had a lot of cats (we've had up to eight at one time!), and I've never had trouble introducing kittens (but you still have to do the gradual introduction, of course). Adult cats typically aren't threatened by them, so they're fairly easy introductions. The only issues we've had are introducing two dominant adults. Especially two dominant male adults. UGH. We have two that we STILL have to keep separate after three years - we time-share the house (one goes into the guest room for a few hours while the other has the run of the place - then we switch them). Although we've also had adult introductions that have gone pretty smoothly, too, so.. But anyway, yes, kittens are usually easy to integrate.

Teenie
on 6/23/20 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Have you tried the Dill flavored popcorn at Aldi? I am so glad it is only seasonal or I would have a problem.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 6/23/20 7:20 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

She is sooooo cute!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 6/23/20 7:53 am - Amarillo, TX

So adorable! First name that popped into my head was gidget. Personally I like to name after a few days to a week of having them. Kind of getting to know them and such for me leads to a more fitting name!

of course my Percy was named by my mom and I wanted to name him pippin...mine is way more fitting for him! Lol

i needed a dose of kitten today!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views