What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 6/24/20 8:23 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I am so sorry you are living in this hell. We have all seen photos from your home. I believe your first paragraph may be a little exaggerated since you live in PARADISE!! JUST MY JEALOUSY COMING OUT SORRY. Stay adorable.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 6/24/20 12:11 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 6/24/20 10:44 am - Warren, OH

I also remember the stories about the kids that the nuns killed. At our school it was supposed to have happened when they threw them from the second story windows. The bodies were supposedly buried in the cellar of the convent that was next to the school.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sheila_H
on 6/24/20 12:19 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I vividly remember one day one of the nuns asked me to follow her into their dormitories. It was a big no-no crossing the border of school to their private zone. I thought I was done for and I would be one of the kids in the dungeon. I gotta say I was very surprised how sparse their rooms were. The nun was just gonna give me one of her rosaries. It was her way to reward me, instead of punishing me, because I was fidgeting so much during mass. She was hoping by having my own rosary I would be calmer during church hours. Fat chance.

White Dove
on 6/24/20 12:55 pm - Warren, OH

Most of them were wonderful women who just wanted to help us, but those black habits were scary.

Julia S.
on 6/24/20 9:30 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Day 3 of operation back on track. So far I've logged my food and weighed myself and dropped 1lb, now I'm only up 9lbs instead of 10. So I'll count it a win so far. I also ordered a exercise mat, I have hard floors throughout and I tried doing some of the workout on the area rug and it just didn't cut it. It will be here on Monday, so I'll just tough it out until then. I wish I could say this is easy, but as we all know it isn't. I try not to think about it, to just do it.

I did my walk around 10AM yesterday, it hit over 90 and the humidity was high so I knew I wouldn't be able to do it after work. It's only supposed to be 80 today, but the humidity is still high for us around 74%.

The house across the street from me the owners walked away and it was sold by the bank. Someone bought it and started doing a bunch of work to it, and got caught making structural changes without a building permit, they were also working after 9PM at night, which is why someone probably reported them. They turned the garage into bedrooms and it will now be a 6 bedroom 2 bath home. I guess they have someone that needs 6 bedrooms. I'm not looking forward to finding out who has that many kids. My neighborhood has changed, it used to be mostly older people without kids, but more and more families with kids are moving in. I'm not a fan of screaming children, and that is usually what they do. There are some girls down the street that you would swear were dying from their screams, but they aren't. I guess I sound like an old grump, but I enjoy my quiet which has gotten sparse lately.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Partlypollyanna
on 6/24/20 9:37 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday. Hope everyone's week zips by.

They did a quadruple bypass on my mom yesterday, she seems to be doing well based on what the nurse told me and I'll be heading over to see for myself this afternoon.

QOTD - my dad made so much stuff up and I believed it all. He was a long distance trucker and I used to get to go on the road with him during school breaks --- he told me that if I knocked the semi out of gear without pushing the clutch, the engine would explode. This was to keep me from hitting the gear shift by accident. Imagine my surprise, in my mid-TWENTIES, when someone was telling a story about shifting gears in their car without using the clutch and I asked "didn't your engine explode".

menu today

coffee W half and half x 2; cold brew W half and half x 1

cold brew skyr

(I think i have an explanation for my jitters)

Carb master cottage cheese

not sure what else, I'm not super hungry today. I do have another apple so maybe apple and PB?

have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 6/24/20 3:30 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Happy to hear your mom had the surgery. It's amazing how nowadays people are having bypass as if it's nothing. I guess I'm old enough to remember that bypass surgery was a huge deal, while nowadays it has become very routine. Sending her way some positive vibes.

White Dove
on 6/24/20 3:57 pm - Warren, OH

Heart bypass is routine for the surgeon, but I know I felt like I had been run over by a semi-truck after mine. It was about six weeks before I really felt well enough to not need help from anyone. I hope your mom recovers quickly. The worst part for me was the legs. They had to do a lot of incisions by my knees to find suitable veins for the bypass and it was hard to walk on my legs after the surgery.

Teenie
on 6/24/20 4:57 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well wishing her a speedy recovery.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics