Whats On Your Saturday Menu RNYers (and a few VSGers:)

karenp8
on 6/27/20 5:42 am - Brighton, IL

Your view is beautiful, Liz! I intended to sleep in some today but got awakened at 6 by a bird racing around on the metal roof right above my head. Rain is predicted for today so Miss Lily and I have already done our first walk and hope for 2 more. Also have laundry and cleaning to do today too. No exciting plans. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.4. QOTD 2 choices,1 I could eat,eggs Benedict, and one I would like to eat French toast drenched in powdered sugar and dripping with syrup. I'd rather not feel like I'm dying though,so I guess I'll stay away from number 2! Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz seafood salad D 4 oz baked cod. Goal is to stay away from snacks. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

White Dove
on 6/27/20 6:01 am - Warren, OH

Because I am able to buy fresh Ohio grown tomatoes right now, my breakfast is a toasted slice of Dave's Killer Bread and a slice of fresh tomato.

Some days that is also my lunch and supper. For protein and variety I might add a slice of cheese or a small hamburger. A few times I have added some bacon and Miracle Whip.

Tomatoes in Ohio used to become available in mid July and be pretty much done by September 1. I wonder if it is because of climate change that they are ready now in early June.

I have been doing online Weigh****chers and am going to start doing meeting too now that they are Zoom. I believe it will help keep me on track. Today is a toss up with weather. If it does not rain, I will spend the day at the pool. If it does rain, I will do a lot of house cleaning.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/27/20 6:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

could be climate change - or it could be people are growing them in greenhouses more now? Not sure.

White Dove
on 6/27/20 7:32 am - Warren, OH

You are probably right. I know they come from Marietta which is on the Ohio river and has always had the best tomatoes. They are probably giving them a big head start in greenhouses now.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/27/20 10:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I LOVE fresh tomatoes. I definitely would be happy eating what you are having!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teena D.
on 6/27/20 10:35 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I am not a tomato fan but fresh tomatoes on a sandwich are very good. I love tomato bases sauces but other than that I really don't look for them. Strawberries are in season here and they are so amazingly delicious.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

catwoman7
on 6/27/20 7:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

it's shaping up to to be a beautiful day today after a few days of heavy rains, so I'll go out for a bike ride for sure, before it gets too hot. I'm going to go over to GNC this morning, too. The one closest to my house is a victim of the bankruptcy as well (hopefully the other two in town are not...), so they're having a big sale. I don't really need anything, but lots of things they carry have a long shelf life.

nothing else on the agenda for today, other than taking and zipping and sending more photos of the inside of my house to the woman in California who lived here as a child from the late 50s to the early 70s. The only thing I have left to photograph at this time is the basement (not that most people care about basements - but she might be curious since she lived here for so many years).

accountability could have been better yesterday, but it wasn't horrible. I really need to work on my bad eating habits as they've been coming back lately. I can usually stop myself before it gets out of hand, but I'm concerned. I need to find other things as a substitute for eating. I think it's all the stress over COVID, lockdowns, and political stuff going on. The world is a crazy place right now.

QOTD: I LOVE my breakfasts and look forward to that more than any other meal. For the few years before I had WLS, I had a fruit smoothie every morning. Since surgery, my usual breakfasts are either homemade Greek yogurt with fresh fruit or a homemade fruit compote, protein pancakes or chaffles topped with plain Greek yogurt and fruit compote, or lately, a piece of Liz's yogurt pie (if the lemon/blueberry - then by itself. If the cheesecake one, then topped with light Cool Whip and fruit compote).

When I used to go out to breakfast (pre-surgery), I'd usually get a scone or muffin with coffee. I almost never have those anymore because of the calories (yikes!). When we meet friends I often eat beforehand and just get coffee at the restaurant. But if I'm eating there, I'll usually get something like yogurt with fruit or a yogurt parfait. Sometimes I'll get a breakfast burrito or huevos rancheros - or rarely, an omelet. In all of those cases, I eat half of it and bring the rest home.

TSS: 5 y

B: protein pancakes topped with plain Greek yogurt and strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: either 2 Costco chicken skewers with peanut sauce, or some protein pudding I made yesterday topped with 2 T light Cool Whip

AS: yogurt pie or L&F yogurt with raspberries

D: leftover pork BBQ from the other day (never got around to eating this yesterday)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 6/27/20 7:37 am - Warren, OH

I lived in the same house for 45 years. The neighborhood kids were always around. When I sold the house, the kid across the street bought it. He had lived there since he was three years old and knew my house very well. I decided to sell on the spur of the moment and called a real estate guy who put a sign in my yard.

As soon as Jeff saw the sign he came over and said is he knew I was going to sell, i would not have needed a real estate agent. His little kids asked why i was moving and I told them that it was because I was getting too old to do all the work myself. They were eight and nine years old and said if I wanted to stay that they would help me do the work.

I think it is so great that you connected with the person who lived in the house years ago. The house where I lived from when I was two until I got married is still there and my sister has it now.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 374 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 501 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 151 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views