Whats On Your Saturday Menu RNYers (and a few VSGers:)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/27/20 5:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is a beautiful Cape Cod day right now! SIL, 2 friends and I are going kayaking on our pond this morning with a picnic lunch. I think the weather will cooperate though there seems to be a small chance of showers later (doesn't feel like it right now). This is what I see sitting on my deck. Though I have been looking at condos near town and with water views it would be really hard to leave this:

QOTD: What does your perfect breakfast look like? Well, these days I eat a lot of WW banana/egg breakfasts which I really enjoy, but I think eggs Benedict with really good hollandaise and perhaps a grilled tomato on the side would be perfection. With some excellent coffee beforehand of course.

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee! WW banana/egg pancake

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp and mock potato salad

S:bean salad and/or cheesecake strawberry yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 6/27/20 5:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone.

I'm up way earlier than I'd like. I've been up since 5 something. It was tossing and turning all night too with a lot of ouches mixed in there. Same old thing.

not sure what today holds. I'm sure not a lot. At least I hope so. I'm already spent for the day.

qotd: eggs Benedict for me too. I haven't had that in YEARS! About 11 to be exact.

b:Cheerios and almond milk

s:imitation crab meat

l:egg and a waffle

s:100 calorie unsalted nuts

d:thinking fish.

Teena D.
on 6/27/20 5:40 am, edited 6/26/20 10:41 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning! It?s been a long time since I?ve been on here but here I am.

it?s been a roller coaster of a year and a half- I had thyroid surgery in March of 2019, and then went off work in November and was off work for 6 months for depression and anxiety. I went back in May but I am working at home all the time and that has been good for me. From my all time low weight I regained 37 lbs. I got back on track 2 weeks ago. Low calories, low carbs and as of today I have lost 8 lbs. We also moved in March - a week after the lockdown started

QOTD: My ideal breakfast? I do like those banana egg pancakes too- I am assuming they are the same thing. Waffles and pancakes are 2 of my favourite things but they are not at all low in carbs of course so these are a good sub for me. Another great breakfast for me is avocado toast with a poached egg. Lately I have been subbing a White cheddar rice cake for the toast. I am actually sitting here debating which one to have this morning.

Menu today:

B: Probably rice cake with avocado and a poached egg

L: Tuna salad with rice crackers

D: Jerk chicken - a friend from high school has started a catering business. He messaged me the other day that he was making jerk chicken so I?ve ordered it for supper. I won?t have the rice. We have some left over green beans from last nights dinner so I will heat this up to have with it.

snack- caramel rice cake

I just rediscovered rice cakes this week. I know they have the texture of styrofoam but I really am finding they help with cravings.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

karenp8
on 6/27/20 5:46 am - Brighton, IL

So glad to see you back,Teena. You've been missed! Good job getting back on track. It happens to us all as life throws us curveballs,but getting weight off is totally doable with focus and determination. And now you even have cheerleaders! Welcome back!

Teena D.
on 6/27/20 5:52 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thank you Karen!

catwoman7
on 6/27/20 6:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I love rice cakes, too! I've found some really thin ones at my store that have like 13 calories each in them, so I don't feel too guilty. I love the crunch even though they pretty much taste like nothing!

and BTW - I'm SO glad you're back!!! Please stick around for awhile - you've been missed!

Teena D.
on 6/27/20 10:30 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thank you so much Trish!

Teena D.
on 6/27/20 10:32 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I'm on the lookout for more rice cakes. We only seem to have Quaker Minis and I'm not sure why they are called Minis.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/27/20 10:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So great to see you Teena. Life happens - once we are stronger we get back in gear and do what has to be done. I just lost 20 pounds through WW and eating the right things to leverage WLS after a rough year last year. Being here on OH is always great support.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teena D.
on 6/27/20 10:30 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I've joined weigh****chers as well. :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics