Whats On Your Sunday Menu RNYers (and a few VSGers:)

Maddymoe2
on 6/28/20 7:08 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Happy to see you back Teena!

Teena D.
on 6/28/20 7:11 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thank you! It is great to be back.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/20 10:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Have to love that weight loss when you get back on track! I'll be interested to hear about the French toast. I make a WW zero Bluepoint pancake most mornings out of a banana and an egg which I love.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teena D.
on 6/28/20 6:25 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I make the banana and egg pancake too. The rice cake french toast wasn't terrible but I used egg whites. There was another recipe that uses a regular egg and I know I would like that better so I may give that a try tomorrow.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Maddymoe2
on 6/28/20 7:08 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. I woke up this morning and it rained last night. I'm sitting here sipping my coffee with the windows open and feeling the gentle breeze.

I am trying not to feel sad this morning, but I am. I am really missing my son. Its been a week since he left for the Coast Guard. Last week at this time, we were all together. He is constantly on my mind and in my prayers. I think I will feel better after I get a letter.

QOTD= I love to dream about my Grandmother. I miss her so much. She has been gone 16 years. It feels like yesterday and forever at the same time. I also periodically have a dream where I am running. I feel strong. I can feel my feet hitting the ground and my lungs inhaling and exhaling with little effort.

Food for today-

2 eggs with siracha

1 can of tuna with onion, pickles and skinny girl poppyseed dressing

Fish or shredded chicken

I am really focusing on protein only. The good thing about my son being gone, is there is no snack food here.

Have a great day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/20 10:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope you hear from DS soon. It is so hard when they first leave us.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 6/28/20 7:55 am - Amarillo, TX

good morning everyone.

I've been up since 4 something so it's gonna be a loooong day lol.

Yesterday was horrible. My emotions were a wreck. Food was a wreck and now my stomach is upset this morning.

I found lactose free activia only at one store and they only carry it sporadically. That's a bummer. It still stirs up my acid a touch but nothing like regular yogurt (even regular Greek yogurt bothers me a lot). Plus they only have one flavor here...I need variety! So doing a lot of research on making my own today.

qotd:I dream some really weird stuff but I like the ones with my grandparents...esp my grandpa. We were very close. What's funny is I've only seen him in my dreams like 7 times in 11 years since he passed. I've felt him in dreams more than that but never actually see him in those. It's strange but I believe he's checking in on me when I tend to need reassurance. I miss him a lot. He would of been 100 this year.

b:protein cereal and almond milk, half a small banana

s:activia yogurt

l:egg and a plain waffle

s:1 tbs cashew butter with part of an apple

d:fish of some kind or protein pancakes.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/20 10:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I only dream of my daughter once in a great while, probably less than once a year and she has been gone for 15.

Librarian67
on 6/28/20 7:56 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all,

I didn't get a chance to stop by yesterday. I went out early for my grocery-pharmacy run and by the time I got home, I had a SUPER migraine & neck-head pain. I managed to get the groceries put away and then spent most of the rest of the day between the bed & couch...ugh.

I'm somewhat better today but DW has flu-ish symptoms. I'm trying to keep an eye on both of our symptoms based on the CDC's latest guidance even though we have been pretty much house-bound since March. Lots of deep breathing here and trying not to project things worse than they are.... That said, our doctor's emergency number is on speed dial.

I did pretty well with my eating yesterday "thanks" in part to sleeping alot. One of the problems lately has been that the pain often makes me nauseated, and dense protein and most veg make me queazy just looking at them. It's been too easy over the last 6+ months to say that I can only eat carbs because I'm sick (and because I feel sorry for myself). I honestly don't know what I would do without Carbmaster yogurt. It nearly always goes down well, so I do at least get some protein and some healthy carbs. I also am proud of myself that I made good choices at the store yesterday, no muffins, cookies, pies, scones, donuts, etc. It really is a reminder that RNY was surgery on my stomach and not on my head, and that feeling sorry for myself can quickly get me face first into sweets and junk food, "because I deserve it!"

I would love to do some porch gardening (dirt therapy) or take a long walk-hike, but between the heat/humidity and not feeling well, I probably won't get out more than to water my plants.

I've had my first Earl Grey fix and plan to get some Carbmaster Key Lime yogurt with 1/2 c of fresh raspberries & 1T of slivered almonds. I also have some lemon pepper salmon that will be my late lunch. Depending on how I feel as the day goes on, I have some EverRoast chicken, salad stuff with TJ's grilled chicken, or a leftover hamburger. Also going to keep pushing my hydration.

Wishing everyone a safe, healthy and peaceful day!!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/20 11:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Be kind to yourself and remember that eating healthy counts as being kind (I have to remind myself of that frequently).

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics