Whats On Your Sunday Menu RNYers (and a few VSGers:)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/20 4:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Today is a definite beach day. I am going to a quieter beach early in the day to avoid crowds. It is definitely tourist season here even with Covid, but early Sunday is typically a quiet part of the weekend at the beach. And I have a dinner date tonight. Should be interesting...

QOTD: If you could choose your dreams, what would you prefer to dream about? I would like to dream positive real feeling dreams about the people I have lost. Especially my eldest DD and DH. I used to have periodic dreams about DD and would feel good in the morning when I woke up, almost like she had visited me. I haven't had a dream like that for a while. I think I may have only had one like that of DH.

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee! WW banana/egg pancake

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: swordfish kabob and Greek salad (out to dinner)

S:bean salad and/or cheesecake strawberry yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 6/28/20 5:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I want to go out for a bike ride this morning before it gets too hot (actually, the temp won't be horrible today, but because it's supposed to be pretty humid, it might be uncomfortable later). We're meeting the two moms (mine and DH's) at 10:00 for coffee, then we're going over to MIL's for awhile. Nothing else really on tap for the day, although there's a lot of stuff around here I should be doing...

QOTD: I liked dreaming about my late father, but I think it's been at least a year since I've dreamed about him. I also like romantic dreams - although I've had them about people I never in a million years would have thought about in that way in real life - like my plastic surgeon!

TSS: 5 y

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with 2 T light Cool Whip and strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake. If I feel compelled to have something at the mom's breakfast, then probably a latte with 2% milk and SF Torani

L: not sure since I don't know how long we'll be at MIL's. I'll take a protein bar with me just in case. But if I'm home, then probably the usual plan of 2 Costco chicken skewers

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries. Or some chocolate "mousse" (made with cottage cheese and protein powder)

D: FINALLY the leftover BBQ from the other day (before it ROTS....)

have a great day, everyone!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/20 5:28 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL - about plastic surgeon. Is he really good looking?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 6/28/20 5:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

no - but there's something about him I really like. He's really funny - but I'm not sure if he means to be. Some people find him kind of gruff (at least that's what some people have said about him in reviews), but I think he's hilarious. I think the slight gruffness is just an urban thing, and that's never bothered me (I'm married to a native New Yorker). In fact, I find it kind of amusing - he just tells it like it is!

karenp8
on 6/28/20 6:09 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Another muggy overcast day here in the cornfields of Illinois but Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.2. QOTD I never remember my dreams. Here's the food plan B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz seafood salad sm slice thin crust pepperoni pizza with mozzarella. Have a good day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/20 10:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Miss Lily and you always enjoy those walks!

White Dove
on 6/28/20 6:20 am - Warren, OH

My dreams are always about exciting adventures and usually involve the ocean or mountains. But they often end in that terrible feeling of out of control falling. A few years ago I had a dream about my father. He died in 1985. He was wearing the same shirt and jacket he liked to hang out in.

My father was from Ireland with red hair and very fair skin. In the dream he had a nice healthy looking tan. I asked him about it and he said that he had a place in Florida now and spent a lot of time out on the beach every day.

He told me that it was a beautiful place but he was lonely. He said that he missed my mother. He said that she has been staying here with us for more than thirty years and now he wants her to be with him. She passed away a few months later at the age of 95.

That dream gave me a lot of comfort during my mother's last months.

Dating is fun and exciting. Enjoy your dinner out.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/28/20 10:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hate that feeling of falling in your dreams. I once had a dream about my daughter linking with people in heaven because they were watching the same individuals on earth. My DH called it my Facebook in Heaven dream and it has always given me a lot of comfort to remember it too.

White Dove
on 6/28/20 12:22 pm - Warren, OH

I have not but some of my sisters have gone to clairvoyants who said that my mother and brother are watching everything. It sort of bothers me that they never mention any interaction with my father. I know that there are a lot of phony people out there, but believe that some do have a way of communicating with the dead.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teena D.
on 6/28/20 6:38 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning everyone!

I stayed on track yesterday- the jerk chicken was very moist and tender but incredibly spicy so I didn't eat a lot. I do like spice but there was a lot. I am down half a pound today , total loss since highest weight post surgery is 8.5 lbs.

QOTD- I rarely remember my dreams but I suppose if I could choose, I would like to have conversations with people who have meant a lot to me and who can help me be calm and put things in to their proper perspective - kind of like meditation.

Menu today- I love waffles, pancakes and French toast. I found a recipe using rice cakes and egg whites to make "French Toast". The blogger says it's delicious so I'm giving that a try. I will let you all know tomorrow how it was. If it is good, it may be on my menu tomorrow too.

I haven't really thought about meals for the rest of the day. It is already 9:30 a.m so I will probably not bother with too much lunch.
Dinner is going to be ribs on the bbq. I will have cauliflower rice and I will make regular rice for everyone else. Not sure what other veggies we will have, maybe roasted brussel sprouts.

Wednesday is Canada Day and I have Monday and Tuesday off. I am really looking forward to it. Charles is off tomorrow as well so we are going to be putting a garden shed together. And then, get our garage more organized. I also bought some solar pathway lights that I have to put up.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone and stay safe.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?