What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/29/20 2:31 am, edited 6/29/20 3:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone, back at it today... We are walking up to the aftermath of a huge storm that roared through last night. The flooding was so bad that a local hospital had to evacuate! They are showing pictures of people boating through the streets. Maybe Liz can break out her kayak right out the front door!

The rest of my weekend was nice. I feel like I can barely account for the 3 day weekend. What did I do? I'm not sure, actually. I guess I relaxed a lot :)

Yesterday I took my first trip into a non-essential store, though! I went to IKEA to get a new shelf system that I need for my new craft room space. If anyone is newer to this thread you might not know about my IKEA obsession... I live about 10 minutes away from the one in MA and I used to go all the time. I am incredibly good at weaving through the store and using the shortcuts, and even know the least annoying place to park. But yesterday was a whole new experience. I was really surprised that they didn't seem to be limiting the number of people inside, and whooooooaaaaa--the checkout line! If you've been there, you know that the aisles in the warehouse are easily 1/8 mile long, and we had to wind through two of them to wait to check out. It was like a line for a Disney ride! It went pretty quickly, but I have never seen anything like it!

I wasn't super compliant to WW this weekend. I technically stayed below my points, but it was not a balanced diet at all. Lots of 0 point foods with too many carbs, so it was only a technicality that I didn't go over the points... I have lots of good food in the fridge today, and hope I will be more motivated to eat what I've planned :)

HA I forgot my QOTD!

QOTD: If you were a HS senior would you go to your freshman year of college remotely? I would have hated it, but yeah. I would have done it to get closer to graduation. Plus it's not like there is anything else more fun to be doing if the world is shut down.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 6/29/20 3:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You had persuaded me to make my first trip to IKEA right around when the quarantine hit....so I still haven't been. Not sure if the one here is open yet but thinking I'll hold off a bit longer regardless.

That storm sounds intense! I hope no damage to your place!

This is going to be a long week, even though it's only 4 days, but I just realized that all but one week in July are going to be 4 day week weeks for me so that's exciting!

menu today is

coffee + half and half x 3

kodiak instant protein oatmeal

carbmaster cottage cheese

4 oz roast beef and peppers With slice cheddar

2.5 oz blackberries

have a great Monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

MadisonRose
on 6/29/20 4:02 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone. It's Monday yet again. I swear these Monday's come way too fast. My accountability over the weekend was crap. Let's just leave it at that. It's a new week though so that means better food choices!

QOTD: I would do it. Although I'm the type of person who likes to get school over with as soon as possible so I wouldn't want to delay it.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda X 2

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: 4 oz baked chicken breast and veggies

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

supershopper
on 6/29/20 4:09 am

QOTD: Yes I would have. 4 years is a long time. so anything to shorten it I would do. so do you gain the freshman 15 if you are remote???

so I made coffee this morning- a different brand, and it tastes floral. I don't like it and of course forgot my stuff from other house. AND the grinder and the rest of the bags are beans... so time to suck it up buttercup. hahah

plan for today:

it will be a little crazy food wise. DH has a back procedure. so I wil be taking him and working while waiting. there will be eggs, cottage cheese, protein powder, pumpkin, more protein powder, meat, veggies.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Sheila_H
on 6/29/20 7:23 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

LOL "do you gain the freshman 15 if remote?" Yup, they have been calling it the COVID 15.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 6/29/20 7:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope DH's procedure goes ok.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Librarian67
on 6/29/20 4:23 am, edited 6/28/20 10:47 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! Another hot summer day on tap, but the humidity is supposed to be lower. I opened all the windows for the cats and I'm sitting at my desk in the sunshine. There are certainly down sides to being locked at home since March but being able to sit in the sunshine with the windows open has been one of the best things for my body and spirit. After most of the 35 year work life being inside concrete office buildings with no windows and horrible ventilation, being able to sip my first cuppa in my PJs in the sunshine reminds me that there are wonderful things in my life...#1 on my gratitude list for today!

And in other good news, my weight is down a little over 5 pounds this week. I know that it won't continue to come off that fast but it is reassuring that the scale can go in the downward direction!!

Overall a rough weekend pain-wise and while I got some things done, I ended up spending more time sleeping-resting-just trying to get out of pain than I had hoped. I have an appointment for a nerve block in my c-spine on July 7 (first one since early March since overwhelming pain is a non-essential medical condition...). Fingers crossed that it will dial back the pain more for a couple of weeks or months, and I can do more exercise again.

Speaking of non-essential medical treatment, does anyone know whether or not bariatric surgeries have been happening. I've been thinking of all the folks who have spend months or years preparing for surgery and then went on long-term hold. So discouraging!

And another question about exercising, I like to plan out my walks before I go using a mapping app. The one I've used for years doesn't have current maps of my neighborhood, so it's pretty useless. I tried a couple of other apps and most of them only log the miles you went (which is great!) rather than mapping the route ahead of time (what I want!). Anyone know of a program that has pretty current maps and is easy to navigate?

Food-wise, I'm trying to work on doing a plan that is somewhat IF & Keto, although I'm not sure that I can/want to give up some things like fruit and eat as much fat as Keto calls for. Just working on kicking the carbs, other than veg & fruit, and keeping the protein high.

B1: 2 Earl Grey teas w/ Miralax

B2: vanilla Carbmaster yogurt w/ 1/2 cup of raspberries & 1/4 cup of slivered almonds

L: TJ's grilled chicken (4 oz), spinach salad w/ Balsamic SkinnyGirl, 1 T of slivered almonds

S: Ice tea latte w/protein shake

D: lemon pepper salmon

For the day: 1 T of grapeseed oil with my tinctures

I hope to take a walk over lunch, probably about 2 miles.

Take care everyone and be safe!!

Janet

Adding the QOTD: my heart has gone out to all of the seniors (well ALL of the students) who missed out on all of the Senior year stuff. Most kids go through 12 years of school looking forward to being seniors, then shazam the shutdown! Also unlike the other grades, there isn't any time to make up for lost learning before heading to college classes. AND one of the other things most kids look forward to is actually leaving home to go to college. Sitting at home in your room watching classes remotely would be really hard. Wondering what the drop out rate for freshmen will be, up or down...

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

momyshaver
on 6/29/20 5:06 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I have seen people having their surgeries in my state and in other areas on some other WLS groups on Facebook

catwoman7
on 6/29/20 5:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I think it depends on how the area is doing virus-wise. They've resumed bariatric (and other non-essential) surgeries around here, but not sure if that's true everywhere else. Although with infections rising again in so many places, I'm guessing they'll start postponing them again...

I'm going to try to cut carbs as well - although not fruits and vegetables. So we're in this together!!

Partlypollyanna
on 6/29/20 6:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You might try MapMyWalk - they don't let you pre map as far as I know but they let you see other users and their maps, which could help?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 515 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 432 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?