What's on your Monday Menu?

catwoman7
on 6/29/20 2:52 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

she may have been. I know she was interested in psychics.

Sheila_H
on 6/29/20 2:17 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I always feel better when I dream of them, for a couple of days I feel like I'm on cloud 9.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 6/29/20 3:31 pm - Warren, OH

Me too. If you watch movies, it seems like talking to deceased would be scary, but for me it has always been a feeling of peace.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Christina135
on 6/29/20 5:26 am

Good morning, Happy Monday!

QOTD - I would do remote learning, absolutely.

Breakfast- fasting, so hot black coffee (I need it this morning), cold brew and topo chico

Lunch - pasta, veggie, crispy tofu, vegan cheese

Dinner - I have no plans. I finally got pizza over the weekend, so I will find something of sustenance.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

catwoman7
on 6/29/20 5:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

They're calling for 90 degrees F and thunderstorms today, so I bet it's already uncomfortable out there. So no bike riding for me this morning. I may go to the gym this afternoon and do weights - or I may just wait until tomorrow morning. I have online Mah Jongg from 10:00-noon, and that piece of furniture for our porch, which I thought would get here on Friday, will actually be delivered today between 11:00 and 2:00. So I'll probably be settling in for the day...

Accountability has been great lately, but my weight just isn't budging much. Which at 4 lbs overweight, I wasn't expecting huge drops. But still...annoying. I don't know how much more I can cut back on calories without risking binges. Plus...calories aren't bad. Not sure if I'm just building muscle again between all the bike riding and weight lifting - or if I need to switch up my macros. I'm thinking I'm going to try lowering my carbs again - not to anything crazy low, but maybe to 100/day max. I haven't been that low in quite awhile, and it seems it should be do-able. I'll play around with it and see if it makes a difference. At least I'm not gaining...

QOTD: I'd do the online but not be happy about it. I'm just afraid if I took time off, I might end up not going back. Plus I'd want to keep on track time-wise.

TSS: 5 y

B: plain Greek yogurt with some kind of homemade fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: pulled pork with BBQ sauce

AS: L&F yogurt. Or yogurt pie.

D: salmon

I have lots of raw veggies, sugar free popsicles, and sugar free Jello around here for snacks, if needed. And grapes, too.

have a great day, everyone!

Greateight
on 6/29/20 6:04 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Happy Monday, All!

I think that by now, everybody knows that me and my friend Patty are terrified of Dragonflys. Growing up in New England, we were told by older children that they were called "Thread and Needles" and flew around with those sewing implements, just waiting to sew shut the mouths of small children. Apparently, JB was spared this pernicious nonsense when she was wee, and I think Liz moved to New England when she was a little older.

My older son has been driving and is taking his license test on Friday. Yesterday morning, Marilyn was at tennis and when my son rose at that crack of 12:30, he suggested that he drive to Dick's Sporting Goods and we could get him some clothes for school. Off we went. This probably goes without saying, but of course there was nothing in the clearance sale tent that interested him.

While he was shopping, I went up to the home fitness area. I don't know if anybody has a been following the vagaries of the kettlebell market, but starting on March 6, there has been a mega run on all home gym equipment. I didn't expect to see much, but I am always down for an escalator ride so I headed up to home fitness. As expected, the section was pretty much destroyed, but in the returns I saw one, lonely and forlorn, 35 pound bumper plate. *****turned one bumper plate but kept the other? hmmm.

Anyways, I scooped up the odd fellow and we headed home. With this extra weight, I was now able to do this workout that I had wanted to do, Bowen (3 rounds - run 800 meters, 7 deadlifts 275, 14 one arm kettlebell thruster 53 pounds, 10 Burpee pull-ups, 20 box jumps 24"). The first round went fairly well and I had completed my run on the second round, and was just starting my second set of deadlifts, when I looked up and what did I see?

On my car hood, was a dragonfly, the size of A FREAKING PTERADACTYL. So not only did I have to finish this hard workout, but I had to do so with a cautious eye turned toward this lurking, psychotic insect, just waiting for me to let my guard down so that it could sew me shut with its nefarious implements. No GoGo I, my lips will not be sealed.

After I finished working out, I went inside for awhile and later headed out to the grocery store. The Dragonfly was still on my hood, at least 4 inches long and pretending to be dead. An idea struck. I snuck into my car, pulled out, drove as fast as I could, slammed on the breaks, and, unfortunately, the dragonfly may have moved two inches. Darn it! I turned the corner and when I picked up speed slowly, the dragonfly started moving toward the windshield as the air broke over my hood.

I momentarily became distracted, and when I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed that the Dragonfly was gone. Had it fallen off? or was it trapped in the front of my windshield?, hidden down by the wiper blades, just waiting for a chance to sink its cold steel needles into my little mouth? I peeked into the window well but could not see any fly. Perhaps it rolled off of the hood. But I know that next winter, when I pull my car into the garage, it could spring out of that windshield well and take its bloody revenge on me.

Maybe I will just get a new car.

QOTD: We are actually going through this. My sons's school intends to meet in person. But if it didn't, he would still attend online. The problem with the gap year is that there is nothing to do. Can't travel and probably can't work either.

No menu today because I have a colonoscopy tomorrow. I did get a lemon flavor packet with my solution, so I've got that going for me.

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 6/29/20 6:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I once got a new car because the idea of talking to the tire guy about new tires was beyond me....so completely support the new car to avoid dragonfly revenge idea. It's the only way to be sure.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Librarian67
on 6/29/20 6:29 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Sorry for the bad news, but those critters can survive for a LONG time. Be proactive and get a new car...you deserve knowing that you are safe!!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 6/29/20 7:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

good luck with your colonoscopy. I"m so glad mine is over - so I've got a 10-year respite. DH is going in on Thursday for his, so his low fiber diet starts today. At least he only has to do a 24-hour fast. I had to do 48. I'm going with his doctor next time around!!

Emiepie
on 6/29/20 7:38 am
RNY on 08/11/14

New car, indeed!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 374 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 501 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 170 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?