What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/30/20 2:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^This one is for Jen & Kelly!

Well, we have made it to Tuesday! I felt kind of yucky all day yesterday. I had a headache that wouldn't quit but it was hard to tell if it was allergies or work stress...probably a little of both. The first really big (no exceptions) hiring deadline for my schools is on Tuesday, and the pace that things are coming in for approval is insane. Plus the superintendent keeps throwing in other curve balls, and I thought my head was going to explode yesterday!

Speaking of which, JULY 1 is tomorrow! Has that sunk in with anyone else? The first month of quarantine felt like it lasted a year, but since then it's really been flying by for me. I think today is about 100 days away from the office for me. I started Spanish lessons a few days after isolation started and today I'm on my 97th straight day of Spanish lessons so it must be somewhere around 100 days... Amazing. I have no plans for the 4th of July, but I am making myself this cute shirt to commemorate July 4, 2020! Hope to have it finished today :)

QOTD: What do you see directly on either side of where you are sitting right now? I am sitting on the couch and I have a side table (made my Grim) to my left with my coffee and some crafting items on it. To my right one of my cats is on the couch, trying to figure out how to turn on my iPad! He loves the cat games I have on the tablet and he is always pawing at it and trying to figure out how to turn it on, himself :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 6/30/20 3:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Ha, I love the meme! Even though they didn't announce the June contest until halfway through, I earned my latest magnet and met my goal of working out every day in June!

On one hand, how is it only July...on the other, oh my, it's July!!! I love your new shirt, unicorns are the best!

qotd - on the left is my Yoda coffee cup on my book stack side table and on the right is the remote and a pillow. (I'm watching Lucy Worsley's Royal Myths and Secrets on PBS with my coffee this morning).

We moved my mother to the rehab facility yesterday, 90 minutes in she decides she hates it, so I'm not sure she will stay. I hope she will because I think it will benefit her but who knows. It will be a bit stressful over the next couple days I'm sure.

For eats today, I woke up wanting bacon, so I've made a batch of that, I still have left over Italian beef and some L&F so the meals will involve those components for sure plus half and half in my coffee.

have a fantastic last day of June everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 6/30/20 7:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I have been thinking about you and your mom. I can imagine she is nervous and scared in the rehab place but I hope it works out.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 6/30/20 5:28 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Thank you, today seemed a bit better, so I'm optimistic!

Jen

Queen JB
on 6/30/20 9:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hope mom continues to heal...

Yay for breakfast bacon!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 6/30/20 1:43 pm - Warren, OH

I did not like the rehab place the first day after I left the hospital with heart bypass surgery. But it turned out to be a great place and I really needed the help until I got my strength back. Don't let her talk you into taking her home and then having to worry about her and help her. I think I was there two weeks and really was so much stronger with their rehab program.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 6/30/20 5:27 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Thank you for sharing that! I know it's got to be hard on her but it will help her. I think today was a little better than yesterday and she mentioned she didn't realize how weak she was so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Jen

White Dove
on 6/30/20 7:34 pm, edited 6/30/20 12:34 pm - Warren, OH

Looking back, I should have stayed there another week. My sister stayed with me for a few nights. I thought I was doing good until I was actually alone and passed out in the hallway one night. I woke up with blood on my elbow and head where I had hit hard tile.

I never shared that with anyone, but realize now that I tried to ru**** too much. After surgery it just takes time to heal and the body does it at its own rate. I think they recommended that I stay there four weeks or longer and I went home in two.

I had a nurse come in a few times a week, but everything I did made me extremely tired. It is different if you have someone else in the house but I believe with your mother she lives completely alone. I had my surgery in March. It was probably August before I was completely recovered and no longer tired.

Partlypollyanna
on 7/1/20 5:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That makes sense - they are saying 2 to 4 weeks. She was not very strong before the surgery so I'm guessing it will be more to the 4 side, if she can see the benefit!

Jen

White Dove
on 7/1/20 6:01 am - Warren, OH

The biggest benefit will be that you don't have to worry about her being alone. There will be people with her who know what to watch out for and how to give her the best care.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 13 views