What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Christina135
on 7/1/20 5:44 am, edited 7/1/20 2:54 am

Good morning,

QOTD - no, absolutely not. I have four dogs, and one of them suffers from PTSD when it comes to storms or fireworks. All of them are rescues, but Lando suffers the worst. When it's fireworks time, we are in bed, he is under covers in between mom and dad, and he's been given CBD, and rubbed with some calming scents. It's awful. I hate fireworks, they are awful for so many creatures, birds, dogs, etc.

Breakfast - hot coffee, cold topo chico, (fasting)

Lunch - Crispy tofu, onions, tomatoes and bacon, all cooked together. The bacon is from The Very Good Butchers (they butcher beans) and its super good! Took a while to get my order, but vegan meats for the WIN!

Dinner - tacos! We have the kids starting tonight

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Teena D.
on 7/1/20 3:54 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Our dog is also a rescue and people have been setting off fireworks here since Saturday. I started to take him out for a walk last night but as soon as we stepped out the fireworks stared. He took off back in to the house and hid under our bed for about 2-3 hours. It's Canada Day today so he will be really stressed tonight.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Sheila_H
on 7/1/20 5:46 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning everybody!

LOL, that meme is too cute and relatable!!

I didn't get to post yesterday because DS and I had to leave the house early for a 7:30 am cardiologist appt that is about 45 minutes drive from us. DS promptly fell back asleep in the car, so I was happy listening to my book and driving. Is it weird that I miss the whole ritual of getting up early, showering and getting on the rd? Although before the C-19 our commute would have been more than 90 minutes with traffic. That I don't miss, but the rest I do. According the the cardiologist what DS has (PVC) is very common in teenagers and mostly outgrow it. The neurologist on the other hand is not happy with this diagnosis and wanted more tests done, so we did an EKG and an ultrasound. Now the two doctors need to talk again and see what the next steps are. According to the cardiologists maybe the onset of POTS was due to mono that he got right when we started the quarantine. But the neurologist says it's the chicken and egg thing, we don't know which one was first. DS is sick and tired of all these appts and just wants to be left alone.

QOTD: hah, very timely question. Last night DS & DH were prepping their fireworks. It's totally illegal here so DH ordered the material from out of state and last night they assembled it. I hate this period because poor dogs go crazy. I could have understood it if it was just on the 4th but people start experimenting like two weeks before and they continue firing them off at least two weeks after the 4th. Poor Luna paces around the house barking her head off.

My meals yesterday:

• B: protein coffee
  • L: Costco chicken skewers and hb egg
  • S: fresh strawberries
  • D: taco Tuesday, no shells
  • E: 30 minutes cardio + 45 minutes strength training

Happy hump day, y'all.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 7/1/20 5:57 am - Warren, OH

Hope you son does just grow out of this. I feel bad for poor Luna. Somethings I wish people could do something to celebrate that is nice, quiet, and maybe beneficial to others.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/1/20 6:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope the cardiologist is right, but how frustrating when the doctors disagree. Medicine is definitely not a pure science.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 7/1/20 8:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you get good news for you DS soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 7/1/20 5:54 am - Warren, OH

For years, I had the big yard, deck, pool, and lots of parties. The Fourth was an all day swim party with lots of people, food, and alcohol and lots of fireworks at night. I remember worrying about something catching on fire or people being hurt.

Now I live alone, but people around here have been setting off fireworks every night since mid June. Ohio made it legal this year. The noise does not really bother me much, but my friend is a Vietnam veteran with PTSD and I know that it is difficult for him because it brings flashbacks from that war.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 7/1/20 5:59 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Happy belated Canada Day, Daisy!

Monday afternoon, the hospital called and said "surprise, you don't have to be in at 8:00 for your appointment, you have to be in at 7:15" That was a challenge because Marilyn has to drop my oldest son at work for 7:00. We ended up dropping him ten minutes early and dropping me five minutes late and it all worked out well.

The reason that I had to be so early was that I had to have a COVID-19 test before the procedure. It's not too bad, although I didn't love the swab in my nose. I didn't have COVID. The procedure itself was OK. As everybody says, its the prep that is the worst part. Unfortunately, I am not on the ten year plan.

We are supposed to be on shutdown this week, but I'm still sort of working. I think that Thursday and Friday may be more like traditional vacation days.

QOTD: More on the Sparkler side of the spectrum.

Breakfast: Sausage and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Hello Fresh

Dinner: Tenderloin

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 7/1/20 7:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

sorry to hear you aren't on the 10-year plan (you must be on the 5-year plan, then). DH goes in for his tomorrow - his first one (he's 10 years my junior). Hope all is OK with him. Luckily the prep is already working way better for him than it did for me. The guy said I'll have to drink double the prep fluid next time. Already dreading it...

Greateight
on 7/1/20 9:30 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I wonder if its an RNY thing, because I noticed that in the report, my prep was graded as fair. When I had the procedure prior to surgery, I was graded as excellent. I wasn't surprised about that either. But I'm not volunteering to drink any extra prep, so I will take the poor grade for as long as I can.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views