What's on your Wednesday Menu?

catwoman7
on 7/1/20 10:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

maybe - or maybe age, I'm not sure. I don't think it's uncommon for things to slow down as you get older. I searched this site the day after mine and did find a few others who had the same issue, but not sure if it's related to RNY or just a coincidence.

I'm hoping the guy forgot to put the "double the prep" in my notes. If he did, I'll just get an extra bottle of magnesium citrate and do an extra night of that (in other words, two nights of magnesium citrate before the official prep instead of one). THAT I can tolerate. The gallon jug of the more powerful stuff, no...

Emiepie
on 7/1/20 8:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad all went well overall.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 7/1/20 9:31 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Easy for you to say, youngster.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Melody P.
on 7/1/20 1:39 pm - Amarillo, TX

colonoscopies are no fun but at least you're outta of it for the most part. I had to have one about 4 or 5 years ago thanks to an overzealous doc and poor family history. I'm glad I got it done though. When I turn 40 next year I'm sure he'll want me to get another.

glad it went well and that you don't have COVID!

Maddymoe2
on 7/1/20 6:04 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning! I am headed to the dentist this morning for a cleaning. I love going to the dentist! Then I am coming home and doing yard work after.

Yesterday was a hard day emotionally. I don't even know what to believe with covid and the news. It's overwhelming. Will we ever get back to normal? Is it really all doom and gloom?? We have had 6 cases in our county and no deaths. We are in phase 3 and eligible to apply for phase 4. Our governor in Washington state has put a pause on it, which I think is good. I am trying to be positive and look at my time off as a gift. To work on myself and get into a good routine.

QOTD- I used to love sparklers as a kid. I like the pretty fireworks, but not the ones that are the loud booms that shake the house. 4th of July will just be my husband I this year, so I won't be buying anything.

Accountability- I did well yesterday!! My weight is up 1.5 pounds though and I feel puffy. Its probably the jerky and PMS.

Food for today-

1 egg and black forest ham, siracha

Tuna with onion, pickle and skinny girl poppyseed dressing

steak kabob and arugula salad

chomps in my purse if needed while I am in town.

Exercise- elliptical and a walk tonight.

White Dove
on 7/1/20 2:01 pm - Warren, OH

If we could get every single person in this country to wear a mask and self quarantine for two weeks, we would almost completely wipe out COVID. That is what is happening in other countries. Then would need to wear a mask in public and social distance until there is really a vaccine.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 7/1/20 6:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Wow, hard to believe it is July. I have a few meetings I need to get put on my calendar to transition (train) some of my tasks to the person that will be handling after I leave.

Accountability: on plan

QOTD: We usually have purchased a few to do but not the last 2 years.

TSS: 5 years 10 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters and turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps, SF. jello with cool-whip, and baby carrots

S: Low carb turkey/bacon/cheese wrap and Carbmaster cottage cheese

D: Shirataki noodles topped with Alfredo sauce/grilled chicken breast, toasted low carb lavash, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and cup fiber cereal

E: 6 mile run and one hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1518 Protein:172 Carbs:116 Fat:57

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 7/1/20 9:10 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh Kelly, you're in the awkward spot of transitioning the job you are EXCELLENT at to someone else...it's awful, isn't it? My advice (take it or leave it) and I feel like you aren't even someone who needs to hear this, but once I got over the trauma of the layoff, I decided I was going to ROCK IT right til the end. My ongoing smile and good attitude paid off and my next job (which paid a lot more!) was from people who had worked with me at the end of the prior job. I know how tough it is, and I have no doubt you are a consummate professional, but just know, people will remember your grace for many years to come

Emiepie
on 7/1/20 9:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You are the best. I will confess to taking screen shots of your reply the other day and go back and read when I need to :) I do feel a sense of responsibility to my team that will remain and want them to succeed.

Dcgirl
on 7/1/20 10:17 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

It will pay off, I promise. Not only was my next (and better paying!) job better, but even now, years later, people from that job are still references for me. And I am so glad that I got past my sadness, fear, anger, and vindictiveness soon enough to leave as a rock star - so their lasting memory of me is someone who worked hard, cared, and went above and beyond. Mind you, I had to work for SIX months after my layoff, so there were a few ugly initial weeks LOL. Since your timeframe is most likely more normal and you have like 2 or 3 weeks total until your end date, you have to process all the feelings and then paste on a smile and be a rock star. It's TOUGH. Sending you all the good mojo and I just KNOW that this door is closing and in six months, on January 1st, 2021, you will be here, on the menu thread, thinking back on the prior six months of transformation, continuing to rock your weight loss and exercise, feeling thankful for the blessings that this (seemingly) awful experience led you to

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 213 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?