What's on your Thursday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 7/2/20 9:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

You would think it's state secrets you are taking pics of. I got in trouble because the little cobble street I took a pic of had a couple of cops (the guys in army uniform with machine guns) standing. They asked me to delete the pic! Although, to be fair they did the same in France too. A tourist got in serious trouble when he took a pic, while we were all waiting in line at Versailles, of a guard that was passing by.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 7/2/20 9:31 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Those are great photo's. Makes me want travel to start up again.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 7/2/20 7:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I have two Hamilton T-shirts in the works, too to give to family for tomorrow's viewing party! I will send pics when I am done :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/2/20 9:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I can't wait to see them!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/2/20 5:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nice (the cabinets and the T)! What a great idea that Zoom wine and cheese tasting is. Good advertising for the store but it could be a fun idea for a remote party.

I finished recovering my screen porch cushions yesterday! My hands are sore so I think I will lie on a beach today then have my live-in chef (aka DS) cook dinner!

QOTD: Nope -- my "hobbies" are mostly reading or recently kayaking so no need for a dedicated space. Obviously when I am on a sewing project it would be handy but I just use the spare bedroom/office. I cut fabric on the floor or bed. I keep the sewing machine stashed in the closet and put it on the desk for use. My sewing supply cabinet (an old one that used to be my grandmother's) is downstairs. So I am all spread out. Luckily I just do these projects in short spurts.

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee! WW banana/egg pancake

L: Deli chicken or turkey

D: grilled fish and veggies

S:bean salad and/or lemon blueberry yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Greateight
on 7/2/20 5:52 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Marilyn is out with my youngest getting his Driver's Permit.. My older son is supposed to take his road test either today or tomorrow. I wish he had gotten up this morning and went with Marilyn and my other son, so that she wouldn't have to make two trips to the DMV. This whole learning to drive thing has been an ordeal.

I'm somewhat on vacation this week. Our office is shutdown (although it was already physically shut) but if clients want things we have to work. I'm hoping that the next two days are pretty quiet, as clients move into their vacation modes.

QOTD: I would love to add onto our garage so that I would have more space for tools and gym equipment. But I don't know how much longer we will be in this house. Six years maximum. Our house will probably be a tear down when we sell, so I am reluctant to put investment into it.

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: leftover tenderloin

Snack: nuts

Dinner: Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 7/2/20 7:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Two kids with new driver's licenses? It really is Independence Day!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/2/20 9:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Two extra drivers, that will be awesome!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Librarian67
on 7/2/20 6:10 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all from the first day of my much needed stay-cay. After a very intense and busy day yesterday, I had a very miserable evening and night...not an unusual combo. I find that when I feel well enough to do things, it often triggers more pain that sometimes doesn't respond to any of my concoctions and treatments, which then leads to little relaxation and sleep, which has it's own set of problems. I'm pleased that I have some respites from this cycle now, but it's so hard to stop the cycle and not swing from feeling able to "have a life" to "being too overwhelmed to function." If no one has ever told you before, chronic pain can be a real B.....!

But to put a positive spin on things, at least I could have a lie in (did I get my grammar right, teachers?) and while I'm not at 100 percent now, I'm moving and hoping to get in a bit of porch dirt therapy (container gardening) before it gets too hot and humid out there. I find that very good for my spirit and soul.

JB, I love your new shirt. You and Kelly and Karen P and Karen H are SOOO creative (sorry if I missed someones)! Did you do the design with a cricutter? I've looked at them longingly, but I doubt that I'd ever get it out of the box ;)

In accountability: my food choices were good until the pain got intense about 5. Fortunately, I had a leftover box of salmon kabob salad, which was healthy and even hit the spot. Again a reminder that the probability of success is increased with some planning. A lovely and very helpful practice that I learned from you folks here on OH! I've been working with my therapist about not feeling guilty when I don't eat "perfectly." It's really easy to go all-or-nothing and then to beat myself up and feel like a failure when I miss some level of perfection that is all in my own mind anyway...ah, and again the reality that my RNY changed the shape of my tum, but not the habits of my brain. That's a work in progress.

Anyway, I'm shooting for a low key day today. Getting some of my plants from their market packs into pots and give everyone a good watering. Followed by some rest/surfing some of my fave online thrift stores (consumer therapy!!). At noon, I pick up our order from a local farm (great local produce, meat, eggs, cheese, and 2 new fish pepper plants for my porch collection) and then swing by Harris Teeter for a grocery order pick up (I can't live without my Carbmaster fix!!). Followed by a nap. And then I'd like to do some fiddling in the kitchen and find an hour or so to do some journaling.

My food goals include Carbmaster yogurt with fresh berries and slivered almonds, some deli curry chicken, and a salad of some kind with TJ's grilled chicken or the rest of my salmon kabob. More TBD.

Here's wishing you all a peaceful, healthy and safe day.

Janet

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Queen JB
on 7/2/20 7:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes it's a Cricut! I thought I would be using it to support my old hobby of book making but I am really enjoying making t-shirts even more right now. There are about a million ways to use it. I am in love :)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?