Whats On Your Saturday Menu RNYers (and a few VSGers:)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/4/20 5:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Independence Day! My DH always put the bunting in the picture below up. We have hooks in place for it. In front of it is my largest hydrangea which is filled with blossoms.

Today I am kayaking with the guy I have seen a couple of times. It is a slightly big deal because he will be coming to my home so we can kayak with my equipment on my pond.

QOTD: What attracts you most about a person? Tough question maybe? If based on physical looks, I think it would be their smile. But beyond that it is whether they sound intelligent when they speak. I suppose ultimately I want them to share some basic core values - these days political leanings are rather important.

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee! WW banana/egg pancake

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: crab cakes and mixed veggies

S:bean salad and/or lemon blueberry yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 7/4/20 5:34 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning and happy Fourth of July!

nothing to exciting going on. My brother and his family are coming over and my mom made a pork butt in the crockpot for bbq sandwich's today. I think she's doing chicken too that we have in the freezer so that'll probably be what I have before she adds the sauce.

I've been having strange dreams. This morning I woke up in what I imagine is a mad max or snow piercer thing. I've never seen either but I get that same vibe...just weird stuff.

Liz, I hope you have fun kayaking!

qotd: personalities Are big for me. I'm asexual and looks are not a factor for me. If you can make me laugh and keep up in deep talk modes then you'll be a hit with me.

food is kind of up in the air depending on when my brother comes over. Oatmeal for breakfast. Likely chicken and a veggie muffin for lunch. Dinner I have no clue.

Here are a few old photos of fireworks. No city ones tonight so this'll be all I got!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/4/20 6:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Great pictures as usual. Thank you!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/4/20 6:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Beautiful Melody! I have never managed to take a good fireworks photo so I am so jealous!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

MadisonRose
on 7/4/20 6:12 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Oh what beautiful flowers!!! I'm so jealous as I've never had much of a Greek thumb. Lol

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

MadisonRose
on 7/4/20 6:24 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all and happy 4th!! We are spending the day outside at my parents grilling out and celebrating the 4th and my dads birthday combined which is tomorrow. Not real sure what I will eat as my stomach has been a wreck. Accountability was much better yesterday though and I ate very light.

QOTD: Personality and a giving heart draws me in everytime. Also a sense of humor is always nice. If they can make me laugh then I'm happy. As for physical appearance.....kind eyes and a big goofy smile definitely attracts me.

B: coffee w/Splenda x 2 and scrambled eggs

L: TBD

D: TBD.....some type of meat off the grill and veggies most likely. Maybe a bite of birthday cake.

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

karenp8
on 7/4/20 6:26 am - Brighton, IL

Happy 4th of July everyone! Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do 2 more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120 today. QOTD whether they make me laugh and their character. I couldn't be with a selfish person no matter how physically attractive they were. On the laughter,life is too short to not have fun. Just my 2 cents. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz seafood salad D 4 oz of whatever protein hubby cooks.

Have a great day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

catwoman7
on 7/4/20 6:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we have another scorcher on tap for today, so I'll get out early to walk or ride my bike. After 10:00 or so, it'll be way too hot. UGH....I really hate this weather!

I'm planning to do some food prep today since it'll be too hot to go out. I'd like to have at least a couple of things in the fridge that I can pull out for several meals so I don't have to do much prep on any one day. Like an Asian-style cole slaw and some type of bean salad (I have black beans, kidney beans, and cannelli beans in my cupboard). This is part of my attempt to ramp up our fiber intake. Then I just have to add a protein any given day and voila!

we're doing Chinese take out at my MIL's for dinner. I kind of wish we wouldn't because I hate having to deal with restaurant food (I love it but...the calories), so I'll just have to be careful. We want to go over there ANYWAY to spend time with her and her new kitty, and she and DH really wanted to get take out as well, so... I'll just eat lightly the rest of the day and try to not overdo it tonight.

QOTD: I don't really care about looks in general, although teeth are pretty important. They don't have to be perfect, but really bad teeth bother me. And I hate to say this, especially given where I came from, but I also wouldn't want someone morbidly obese. An extra 50 lbs or something is fine, but not MO or SMO. Other than that, I like people who are intelligent, aware, and at least somewhat knowledgeable of a lot of subjects so that they're interesting and engaging to converse with. And like Liz, political leanings have become more important lately, too. I would pass over a Trumper, regardless of their other "features". When I look through profiles on Bumble (although I always click on "pass" since I'm not in the market - I'm just curious to see who's out there and how they present themselves on dating sites), the ones that grab my attention tend to be highly educated, liberal (or at least moderate), and have a lot of interests.

TSS: 5y

B: plain Greek yogurt with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: carnitas taco - or else 2 Costco chicken skewers with peanut sauce

AS: yogurt pie (cheesecake flavored) with 2 T light Cool Whip and strawberry compote. I'm also thinking I should have a bowl of high fiber cereal so I don't overdo it on Chinese take out tonight

D: something "safe" from the Chinese restaurant (tofu or chicken - not fried - with veggies - and skip the rice)

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 7/4/20 8:01 am - Warren, OH

A Trumper would be a definite wrong choice for you as for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 7/4/20 6:28 am - Warren, OH

After my husband of 40 years passed away, I did a lot of dating. I met a lot of nice men who had great smiles, intelligent conversation, were considerate, had good manners, and attractive appearance. I had a lot of family and friends, but wanted someone special in my life.

One day I went for a quick coffee meetup and something just clicked. I felt instantly that he was one of the most honest people I had ever encountered. I was wary, but continued to see him. I had that heady feeling of being infatuated like a teenager.

After a few weeks, I took a break from him and started dating other people. But no one else made me feel like he did. So I started seeing him again and just stopped seeing other people.

After about a year, we discussed moving in together or marriage. I considered both but never wanted to completely give up my independence. Although he has more income than I do and I would have been better off financially to be married, I really wanted to stay single.

We lived in the same neighborhood and went to the same high school, but hung with different groups and I had never met him back then. My high school had almost 1000 seniors and we tended to stick with the groups that we had rormed in grade school. If we had met in high school or the years right after, I am pretty sure we would have married then.

To me, marriage is for young people who are going to create a family together. I am long beyond that. Been there, did that. Anyway, we see each other everyday, do things together, help each other out when needed, but still live in and maintain our own homes.

It has been more than 10 years and I still trust him and find him more attractive than anyone else I have met since I have been a widow. I had always believed that there is such a thing as love at first sight and I still believe it can happen.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 567 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 218 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 373 views