What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 7/5/20 5:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends.

what a long night! Ugh! My dog Frankie just hates fireworks and they were setting them off a lot in the neighborhood. So frustrating.

Not sure what all today will hold. I'm in a lot of pain so I'm hoping not a lot. May run to the grocery store as we are out of a few things. I'm going to try and make a mushroom soup. I need to cut back on things. I run out of energy in the evening and no food is safe from me.

QOTD: what is your favorite season and why?

B:oatmeal with ground flax seed

L:oatmeal with 1/4 cup frozen blueberries

D:mushroom soup made with almond milk

S: who knows.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/5/20 5:47 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning Melody. I hope your day improves. What is your favorite season?

I had a good almost normal day yesterday. I kayaked, watched a James Taylor concert streaming on TV, went to the neighbors for a bit and watched fireworks on our pond. People were setting them off all around it. It is illegal to do that in Massachusetts but all the town displays were cancelled so people bought them from adjoining states. A police officer who lives in our neighborhood said they weren't going to do anything about them unless someone was injured. Interesting times... Below is a picture from our pond beach:

QOTD: I love summer which wouldn't surprise most. I love the water, the beach, outdoor activities, leaving the windows open to hear the birds, etc.

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee! WW banana/egg pancake

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: Chinese food - probably chicken and broccoli

S:bean salad and/or lemon blueberry yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 7/5/20 6:05 am - Amarillo, TX

Oops! Forgot to answer my own question!

fall is my favorite! I'm sure if I lived near water spring or summer would be in the running!

Librarian67
on 7/5/20 6:20 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I certainly understand about the fireworks, Liz. The local shows & celebrations were cancelled, so people took matters into their own hands. Strangely, all of the cops who live in our neighborhood were nowhere to be seen after dark yesterday, and there were lots of illegal fireworks going off. Nice show but very dangerous since they were close to the houses and handled by less than professional pyro folks. And the worst was that everyone was drinking and there were NO masks or physical distancing happening. MD has been one of the only states that had stable covid numbers, but from what I saw, we'll be headed up again in a week or so...so sad and frustrating!

How does Justice do with loud booming sounds?

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/5/20 7:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Though Justice is scared to death of rain and thunder the fireworks didn't bother him! I do have to say that the people on our beach lighting the fireworks were super careful and everyone was pretty far apart. But it is a fairly private beach. Some people had masks, some not, but again pretty far apart except family groups.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 7/5/20 6:14 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all,

OK, let me start with the accountability...argh!! Total blow out and the scale is showing the evidence of it. Trying not to judge myself but my weight is back up and close to what it went down this week. Deep breath and back to better choices.

Second, I soooo understand the struggle with trying to get the necessities done when you feel reasonable and then by evening feeling worn out, in pain and unable to make choices with the best of intentions. I make alot of soup in the crockpot (or Instapot). I either buy frozen or pre-cut veg (so glad that stores have that now!) to eliminate the energy of standing to prep, or I do the prep one day and then put it together the next. I end up freezing at least half of it in meal-size containers and then eating the other half during the week. I do somewhat the same thing with salad things, pre-prepping the veg (be careful not to use things like cukes that go mushy quickly) into a baggy and then it takes less energy to make a healthy choice. That said, if the string of BAD days is long, it can come down to just doing the best I can at any given time. Just know that you're not alone in the struggle.

It's going to be another very hot & humid day. I usually deal with it better since surgery and the weight loss, but the extreme combo still tweaks my asthma and drains my energy. I'll go out to check on my plants but otherwise this is a day for indoor adventures DW is having a really bad day so I may take an hour or so to do some journaling while she sleeps. It is super draining to navigate with her when I'm feeling crappy too, so lots of deep breaths and counting to...hmmm.

Food for today: just finished my first Double Bergamot Earl Grey tea w/ an extra helping of Miralax, and I'm going to get an iced protein shake soon. I have some beef-veg soup from last week to finish up for lunch and a salmon filet that needs to be cooked before it goes off. This is certainly a day to max out the fluids to stay super hydrated.

With that I'll sign off and see if I can get into some shenanigans before a cat nap aka nap with 3 cats!! That of course makes me think of Trish

Take care dear folks!

Janet

Oops, the QOTD: I tend to like spring and fall best because of the transition times and less extremes of temperature, but I like that we usually have 4 seasons, each with their own good points.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 7/5/20 7:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

got a cat sleeping on my legs right now! DH had to go out to refill my coffee since I didn't want to disturb Mr. Kitty's nap!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/5/20 7:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

And I have Justice sleeping in my lap!

karenp8
on 7/5/20 7:41 am - Brighton, IL

And Lily has her heavy head in my lap and is snoring on my leg!

karenp8
on 7/5/20 6:16 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for starting us off,Melody! QOTD my favorite season is fall. I love the gorgeous colors on the leaves and the brisk chill in the air--and sweaters. I hated sweaters when I was heavy because I felt like they made me look like a snowman(all round and fluffy) but love them now. They are just so warm and comfortable. Miss Lily and I have our first walk in and will do more later. She loves fall too because the heat and humidity really bother her and she really huffs and pants when it's hot. The other night I did a short walk with her and did my longer walk alone because it was just too miserable. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise and weight is 120.4. Did great on fluids too. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz seafood salad D 4 oz of whatever protein hubby cooks. Have a good day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 319 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?