What's on your Sunday menu?

Librarian67
on 7/5/20 6:22 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Kisses to Miss Lily. I suspect that she had a difficult night with the scary noises.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 7/5/20 7:00 am - Brighton, IL

Actually fireworks don't bother her. I think the reason they don't is that when we got her we were traveling to cowboy action shoots on weekends. So she stayed in her moving house and heard gunshots all day. She was nervous at first but quickly got used to it. It sounded a lot like fireworks.

catwoman7
on 7/5/20 7:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I got a refreshing 7.5 hours of sleep last night (my usual is about six), but the downside is, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get out and bike this morning since I still have to eat breakfast and shower, and we've got another very hot and humid day on tap. I really need to be out and done with my ride before 10:00, or it's just too freaking miserable out there. Crap. Guess I'll be exercising indoors today. Or maybe DH and I can take a walk this evening.

I went to a farmers' market yesterday with a friend and also did some food prep for the week, so now we have a bunch of food we need to eat. Bean salad, potato salad (for DH), Asian-style cole slaw, Caprese salad (which needs to be eaten pretty quickly because you know, fresh basil...) - and we also have a bunch of leftover Chinese take-out from last night, which I guess can probably wait for a day or two while we eat some of the more perishable things. Oh - and I got a half case of peaches the other day which are now all ripe - so I've got to do something with those as well (I'll probably end up freezing half of them). And I also have some broccoli that I was planning to make a Thai curry out of of - but I can probably hold off on that for a couple of days, too. Anyway - ugh. Having too much around can be stressful. I should probably invite MIL over tonight or tomorrow so we can eat some of this stuff before it goes bad! (or I can take some over to her)

nothing else on top for today - although I HAVE to type up these committee meeting minutes that I've been intending to do for DAYS and never seem to get around to!

QOTD: anything but winter is fine with me, but I think my absolute favorite time of year is the transition between spring and summer, May and June, when the spring chills and rains are behind us, everything is in bloom, and before the heat and humidity of summer really starts up.

TSS: 5 y

B: I'm thinking maybe vanilla Greek yogurt with a grilled peach. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: I'd better have a Caprese salad. And maybe a yogurt/pudding "popsicle" - or a L&F yogurt - for some extra protein. Or one Costco chicken skewer would work, too...

AS: peach with L&F yogurt

D: maybe one Costco chicken skewer with some Asian-style cole slaw

have a great day, everyone! Stay cool!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/5/20 8:04 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Grilled peach sounds good - we have a bunch too!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 7/5/20 9:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

a grilled peach topped with cinnamon or vanilla Greek yogurt is one of my favorite summer treats. So wonderful!! I usually have it as a dessert or snack, but I did end up having it for breakfast this morning. May have it again later as a snack!!

Lisa91941
on 7/5/20 8:03 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! There were about four sanctioned fireworks shows here in our area. After watching half of Hamilton, we grilled dinner then went to a little remote park by my daughter's. We were one of three families at the park. Perfect! The grand girls road their bikes til dark, they all had some ice cream we brought with us, we were able see to a lot of random, illegal fireworks and then the city production of fireworks. All without ever getting closer than 30 feet to anyone outside my bubble. No mask needed because of distance and that allowed me to relax so much more. We even had both dogs with us. Though they stayed very much in "alert" mode, they were pretty calm.
QOTD: Spring. I love, love, love rain and March/April is about the only time you can really expect it around here. Lots of sweaters to still wear, and never sweaty.

Menu:

B: coffee and 1/2 PP shake

L: tbd - we have some shopping to do today, but I'll have jerky and whisps in my purse in case I can't find a good choice.

D: going to attempt Brick Chicken. It's been several years since we made it. First had it in Ana Capri, and if we do it right it's all crispy on the outside, moist on the inside. Yum! And I'm going to roast some carrots and potato.

Peace, everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

MadisonRose
on 7/5/20 8:22 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone. Wow what a long night. My stomach has been a wreck! I've been up all night with severe stomach cramps and in and out of the bathroom. This morning I feel a bit better, but my stomach is still a little iffy so I think I'm going to really watch what I eat today.

Yesterday was was nice spending the 4th at my parents and celebrating my dads birthday. We had a lovely time grilling out and just sitting outside talking. However, accountability was utter crap yesterday. I had no control whatsoever and ate some things I had no business eating like birthday cake and ice cream. Which I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that contributed to my stomach issues. I don't think it was just that though as I've never had stomach issues this badly before. I mean it was just horrible and lasted for hours. Today I'm getting back on track and I don't care to ever taste another bite of cake or ice cream EVER again!

QOTD: Fall is my favorite by far. I just love the crisp cooler air and the beautiful colors of the changing leaves. Just something about it all makes me happy.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda x 2

L: Maybe a greek yogurt smoothie

D: Got leftover baked chicken breast and veggies I need to finish if stomach permits

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Julia S.
on 7/5/20 1:48 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Summer, I hate the cold and my goal in life is to live where it never gets cold. Since I live in the PNW the sun can be a rarely spotted UFO most of the time, and the rain gets really old...

I've lost 5lbs of my 10lb regain, so I feel like I'm doing well. I did 20 miles of walking last week. I'm doing 3.4 miles a day, between that and logging and weighing all of my food is why I'm getting back on track. Now if I can actually make it to my goal weight.

It's been like a war zone the last couple of days. I was hoping that fireworks would be harder to come by, but I was wrong. Fortunately my cat is pretty much deaf so he wasn't concerned, but I absolutely hate them. They totally set me off... thank God for lunesta or I never would have slept. But Sammy my cat woke me at 5AM. So much for sleeping in.

I've got my clothes hung outside, and I'll mow the lawn after I go to the barn so I know I'll have more than 10K steps today.

I've got some salmon thawing for dinner.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 148 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?