What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/6/20 9:56 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Mmm pumpkin puree topping... I want that!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 7/6/20 4:33 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post today as I'm running late. Miss Lily and I did manage to get our morning walk in and we'll do more later. Accountability was mediocre yesterday. Good on steps but ate 2 mini candy bars I did not need. Today's a new day though. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c cauliflower parmesan soup D 4 oz of whatever protein hubby cooks. I'll stay away from snacks and try for 100 ounces of fluids too. Weight today is 120.4. Have a great day full of smart choices and stay safe everyone!

Melody P.
on 7/6/20 5:25 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends.

not to much planned today. I'm sure my mom has something to do but she is still asleep so I haven't got a clue. I'm really hurting and I think the weather is playing a role. Thankfully I can handle the pain somewhat well. I've really got no other choice though LOL. We got a little bit of rain last night, which we need but we also need to mow. My mom won't let me mow so she is the one doing it now.

i do hope to hear back about dates for the testing my surgeon wants me to do. Food was better yesterday and my weight was down a bit so that's good.

qotd: hmm not sure on this one. I'd say around 11pm when I'm sleeping and everything would be quiet!

b:oatmeal with ground flaxseed

l:same as breakfast

d:mushroom soup and maybe fish?

s:prob a small serving of the soup and something else.

Emiepie
on 7/6/20 6:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! We had a pretty lazy laidback long weekend. I didn't get to sleep too well because so many people were doing illegal fireworks each night. On my agenda today are a few meetings with some direct reports to go over their recent evaluations and training some peers on projects they will be taking over. Tomorrow I am signed up to attend a resume writing and virtual interviewing tips and tricks webinar.

Accountability: I had way too many extra snacks over the weekend. I get get in some extra run miles in. I aim to do better today on snacks.

QOTD: Laughing with John and Em.... usually we have some good laughs on road trips.

TSS: 5 years 10 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters and turkey sausage links

L: Lettuce wrapped Trader Joe's Mahi Mahi burger, SF. jello with cool-whip, and baby carrots

S: "German chocolate cake" chaffle and Carbmaster yogurt

D: BBQ turkey bacon turkey burger, cloud bun, small salad with feta, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and cup fiber cereal

E: 6 mile run and one hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1492 Protein:125 Carbs:97 Fat:71

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 7/6/20 9:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Recipe for the German Chocolate Cake Chaffle??

Emiepie
on 7/6/20 10:17 am, edited 7/6/20 6:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

It is kind of a tweak to the "sweet" chaffle recipe. 1 egg/2 TBS cream cheese/2 tsp. coconut flour/4 tsp. splenda/ 1/4 tsp. baking powder/ 1/2 tsp. vanilla/ about 1 TBS cocoa powder/ about 3 TBS unsweetened coconut flakes/ a couple squirts (LOL- I have the little pumps) of SF Torani coconut syrup and if it seems to thick I add just a teeny bit of Fairlife.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 7/6/20 6:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

another super hot and humid day today - and all of this week. Gag. I got out on my bike at 6:30 this morning, which is pretty much the only time I could have done it today without being miserable. Tomorrow morning I'm meeting a friend at 7:00 a.m. to bike over to one of the burbs for coffee (6.5 miles one way, so 13 miles round trip) - should be mostly OK going over there - not sure about coming back since the temp will be in the mid-80s by then (and in the 90s later) - so we'll see. We may have to re-schedule if the weather is going to be too uncooperative by mid-morning (when we'll be heading back).

my porch chair is being delivered today (it was supposed to be delivered LAST Monday, but it was delivered to the wrong person). I hope whoever got it repacked it carefully so it doesn't arrive damaged. After waiting four months for it, that would be a huge bummer.

I have my usual online Mah Jongg game at 10:00 - nothing else on the agenda other than waiting for the chair to arrive. Although given it's going to be in the 90s and humid, I don't really want to do much else ANYWAY. I'll probably watch the rest of Hamilton (started watching it last night) and read.

QOTD: I love my mornings on my bike - whizzing by lakes and ponds and streams and through prairies and woods. Hearing all the critters. It makes me so very glad to be alive. So probably that. Although since I'm retired, I can do that every day!

TSS: 5+ y

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie topped with light Cool Whip and strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: Caprese salad and one Costco chicken skewer

AS: grilled peach with Greek yogurt, maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: leftover Chinese food

have a great day, everyone!

Queen JB
on 7/6/20 10:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Humidity has been awful here, too. Literally eve since I got my nice giant outside umbrella, it has been overcast and either raining or just humid and wet. I feel like I caused it. #murphyslaw

catwoman7
on 7/6/20 10:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I know the feeling! I'd really love to be outside or sitting on my porch today, but....ugh. I HATE humidity!!

Melody P.
on 7/6/20 10:48 am - Amarillo, TX

The weather is pretty miserable. We are supposed to be around 100 - 105 after tomorrow for at least a week. It's supposed to be dryer...I sure hope so! Humidity is killer.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics