What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/8/20 1:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Why have I been up since 3am?? I have no idea. But here we are... I am going to take advantage of the early start and get some stuff done early today. Hopefully I won't use the extra hours for eating! Grim baked cookies and fresh English Muffins yesterday and I succumbed to both. I only had a few bites of his muffin last night, not my own, but I sure didn't need it.

QOTD: Is there something you never learned to do properly? I have a few and they are all really basic things that I feel like I missed when they must have been taught as a kid! First, I seriously never really learned my left from my right. Grim thinks it hilarious to watch me work it out every time. I also never learned how to cook meat properly--I always over cook it. And my last one is the dumbest...but I never really learned to hook my bra in the back! I still hook it in the front and turn it around at least 50% of the time, haha.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 7/8/20 4:00 am
RNY on 01/23/19

JB I'm right there with you on the 3 things you never learned to do properly. And I just assumed every woman hooked their bra in the front and then twisted it around. Ha!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

MadisonRose
on 7/8/20 4:16 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! Feeling 100% better today! Just a bit sleepy since I went to bed way too late last night. Had some strange dreams! Accountability was good yesterday. Tried to keep it light with my stomach issues.

QOTD: There are lots, but I'll just mention a couple. I never really learned how to solve simple math problems in my head properly. Some basic addition and subtraction yes......but when it comes to multiplication I'm sitting there writing it out or counting on my fingers. It's sad that an 8 year old is probably better at multiplication than I am. Also I never learned proper handwriting. My handwriting seriously sucks! It's bad.....so bad! Oh how I wish I had pretty handwriting!

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda x 2

L: 2 oz low sodium turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: leftover Tex mex chicken

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 7/8/20 5:56 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I used to have perfect handwriting but with all the typing and no practice I can't even read my own handwriting. It's embarrassing when I fill out simple forms!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

mmsmom
on 7/8/20 4:18 am - Woburn, MA

Invest in a thermapen. You will never overcook meat again. they are expensive, but worth every penny. And, I have never hooked my bra in the back, LOL.

Today, I have prepared to eat better. Made steel cut oats the minute I got up - they should be done soon and sharing a steak for dinner. Made vegetable soup yesterday so that's lunch. Got hooked on vegetable soup when we went to Italy - never realized how good it is! I guess my Campbell's experience was not convincing lol.

Enjoy the day!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/8/20 4:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You'd end up hooking you bra that way anyway as you got older and your shoulders got stiffer. LOL!

I am going out for a dinner date tonight at a really nice restaurant I have wanted to go to for a while. Looking forward to that. Before that I have a Zoom coffee with my Florida friends who are all over the country now. At least I finally have something to talk about.

QOTD: I never learned how to snow or water ski at all. I never learned how to properly drive a golf ball or how to throw a ball overhand (maybe my shoulders were already telling me something when I was a kid?). I never learned how to mow the lawn (brother did it when I was a kid, then DH and kids, now I hire someone).

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee! WW banana and egg pancake

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: Sushi at dinner out! Maybe a taste of ginger ice cream

S:bean salad and/or strawberry cheesecake yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 7/8/20 6:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

some friends tried to teach me to water ski when I was in high school, but I never "got" it. I was dragged behind the boat every time until I remembered to let go!! I don't know whether I just wasn't strong enough to get up, or what...

Teenie
on 7/8/20 7:59 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Ditto on the QOTD.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 7/8/20 8:59 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Expecting a full report on the dinner date!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 7/8/20 4:57 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends.

yesterday was a rough day. It's a good thing I have an appointment with my psychologist today. I really need to talk over what I found out yesterday.

I'm working on very little sleep today. Less than 4 or 5 hours total. We have the kids again today so it's going to be a very VERY long day. They fought a lot yesterday.

qotd: I'm with ya on the bra thing! I also never learned to properly to do bowling. I'm sure there is so much more but that's all that's popping up in my mind.

B:oatmeal with cacao powder(trying it for the first time....)

L:oatmeal with flaxseed powder

D:???

S:no idea either

have a good day y'all!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?