What's on your Thursday Menu?

karenp8
on 7/9/20 10:01 am - Brighton, IL

I also unfriended most of them on Facebook because all the stupidity was depressing.

Librarian67
on 7/9/20 10:52 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I've done alot of the same thing. Life right now is stressful enough without more reminders of just how stupid some people are!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 7/9/20 4:26 pm, edited 7/9/20 9:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

me too. I've unfriended several former friends from high school who...well, I have no idea what happened to them - they certainly weren't like that when I knew them! And relatives?? I didn't unfriend them as that would be weird, but I unfollowed them and switched their status over to "acquaintance" so I could keep them from seeing all my posts. I have enough stress in my life without seeing their absurd rants....or having them crap all over my posts.

catwoman7
on 7/9/20 5:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have to have a (tooth) filling replaced this morning, and sometime today I'm supposed to meet up with someone from Freecycle to get some of her raspberry bush clippings - but it's supposed to rain cats & dogs off and on all afternoon, so not sure when and how we're going to do this. I'd also like to swing by and see my friend who had the hip replacement surgery a few weeks ago since she's moving today to Minnesota. I'd like to see her off if I can. Probably no bike riding given the weather. And I've decided to stay away from the gym for awhile because COVID cases are on the rise in my county now. Crap. Damn kids!

QOTD: Well, Wisconsin was doing pretty well until the GOP legislature sued to get everything open again - far too early, of course. There were a few counties that decided to keep things pretty shut down and follow our governor's original re-opening plan (including our county), but there were threats of more law suits by the legislature to get these counties to open up, too, so a lot of those counties chickened out and caved. So there are now basically just three or four counties that are more restrictive than the rest of the state - but now we're getting hit, too. We do have a lot more compliance in this county than what I understand other places in Wisconsin have - most people do wear masks, for example, but now it'****ting us. We have a young population due to the university, plus we had a lot of protesting and rioting here a couple of weeks ago - thousands of mostly unmasked folks in town, so that's probably contributed. Fortunately most of the university's fall classes have been moved online, but I bet a lot of students are sick of being at home and will decide to come back anyway, and just do the online classes from their apartments - so we'll get socked regardless. Crap. Masks will be required in our county starting this Monday, so I hope we go up to 100% compliance - but still, I'm worried. There seems to be no end in sight for this. It's depressing.

TSS: 5y

B: piece of cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with light Cool Whip and strawberry-rhubarb compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake (although I'll probably move this to this afternoon given my morning appt)

L: I probably won't feel like eating much after my dentist appt (thank God), so probably just Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with 1/2 diced mango

AS: may be out and about, so I'll take a protein bar with me. Otherwise, the usual - L&F with raspberries. Or a grilled peach topped with L&F vanilla yogurt and some cinnamon

D: spaghetti with vegan "meatballs"

have a good day, everyone!

supershopper
on 7/9/20 5:31 am

Hi all

So food wise I did really well till later in evening when I got tired. I ate bran buds with almond milk and protein powder added. it was very yummy of course. but too many calories...

today I need to eat the 'leftover' food before the end of my day- so it will be:

B: cottage cheese, P powder, almonds

b2: chicken/spinach

l: shrimp/veggie

l2:not sure prob more cottage cheese

d: not sure yet

S:not sure yet

QOTD: my county in TN has just now mandated masks... cases are spiking very bad... I'm hoping our hospital doesn't run out of beds, cause that will end elective surgeries and my job will be furloughed again... or will be eliminated.

In GA- People also aren't wearing masks. very few I see are.

overall- its not good and cases are climbing everyday.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Melody P.
on 7/9/20 5:39 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends.

What a long night. Did not sleep much and the pain is just eck. I just want to sleep more than an hour at a time! Lol. I'm pretty proud of myself...I had a hard talk with my brother about my mom and the stress she is feeling. I wasn't ugly but I was honest. It was hard but I did it!

i have the last laser treatment for my eyes today. At least they don't play Fox News in the room I have to wait.

qotd: a big no. My part of Texas is very pro trump and awfully stupid. Our local is ass kissers to the governor who is an ass kisser to trump. They say it's just like the flu, that it's a hoax. Such willful ignorance.

b:oatmeal with cacao powder

l:zeezee bar

d:oatmeal with ground flaxseed and sf syrup

s:???

momyshaver
on 7/9/20 5:45 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Thursday already. Another hot, humid day. I am hoping to get over and back from caring for the baby chickens shortly and keeping the blinds and such closed today to try to keep the apartment as cool as possible. The a/c can't really keep up so although it feels cooler inside in the morning it is about 80 by bedtime even with the fans and a/c, etc. I am just trying to keep the children on task with some school, some fun indoor activities and meals/cooking without heating up the kitchen.

QOTD - I think my county has done so- so. I see a mix of science deniers and anti mask misinformation and those who take precautions. I get a bit frustrated because many people have been impacted by covid and will continue to be, especially if we see another surge. I think we opened too early, (we were going to go to phase 5 but when the Gov saw the surge in other states he stopped at 4.5. I am not thrilled with him but whatever.) Some counties have started mandatory masking but people are protesting that it can't be enforced. With open travel I think we need some real data backed measures implemented across the board. I am tired of the anti science stuff that I see posted even in states that are hard hit right now. I want to be like, "okay typhoid Mary..." I would like to trust that people would do the right think but I have seen people come right out and post that the health of others is not their problem and I can't even find words for the disgust I have for that sort of attitude.

Trying to make good choices with food but struggling with a lot of stomach and intestinal pain after eating on top of the oral aversion. Staying hydrated. Doing a daily walk on the treadmill to try to boost mood and reduce pain, etc. I may stick to fluids today after yesterday. I just feel really bloated and uncomfortable but I have a dental surgery next Friday and I will have an iv so I really want to make sure I am hydrated for that because I am a hard stick anyways.

I hope everyone has a great day full of good choices and above all, stay safe.

Greateight
on 7/9/20 5:52 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I think my son gets his first paycheck today, that is exciting for him. Hopefully, he will save it for his semester at college. My daughter may get her CPA score today, although it may be tomorrow.

QOTD: Illinois had been fairly effective at bringing the virus numbers down. We went from over 4,000 cases per day down to about 1,000. The cases are starting to creep up again. It has come at a high cost in terms of unemployment, business failures, and violence. 145 people were shot in Chicago over recent weekend.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: Chicken

Snack: nuts

Dinner: Steak

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 7/9/20 6:04 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy jr Friday!

qotd - I think it's been handled pretty well here and we have good compliance re masks and social distancing.

i have a mixed bag of things today - good is that I'm one of 85 of my colleagues attending a global leadership conference today and tomorrow (virtually); bad is that I have to have difficult conversation with my boss this afternoon about a multi year project we're about to kick off. I'm glad I have both a cardio Pilates and a center and balance Pilates class tonight. It helps with my stress levels! I'm also hoping to get some time on the elliptical during lunch.

menu today is

4 oz ever roast deli chicken, slice cheddar

1 oz cashews and carbmaster cottage cheese

4 oz ever roast deli chicken, slice cheddar

light and fit greek

half and half in my coffee

have a great day!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/9/20 6:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thursday, hot and muggy! Definitely a beach day and the AC is going to be on all day today. The breezes here on Cape Cod have been so wonderful so far this summer that I have only had the AC on once previously and only during the night.

Our dinner date last night was great. Fantastic sushi and we were in a room all to ourselves. We had been a little nervous about eating indoors so being in our own room made it much more relaxing. I am loving having a reason to dress up - I could have gone casual but wore a maxi sundress because I could! And he is very appreciative and so interesting to talk to. I had no one to talk to in the evening over dinner or to pay attention to what I say and how I look for such a long time that these dates have been a real positive for me.

QOTD: Also being in Massachusetts like JB, I do feel that we are doing a good job here. Everyone wears masks and other than some overcrowding at one beach here last weekend space is being kept. I trust our state which is why DSD will be heading here from Florida once she gets the results of her COVID test (assuming they are negative).

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee! WW banana and egg pancake

L: tuna salad and cottage cheese

D: crab cake and broccoli

S:bean salad and/or strawberry cheesecake yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 452 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404