What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/15/20 2:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Hump Day, Kids! I hope you all had a fab Tuesday! Mine was good. The weather was finally nicer than its been--the majority of the day was cooler and drier and not so oppressive. I should have taken advantage and gone for an outside walk but I had a really lazy afternoon. Grim and I decided to start binging The Crown, and we watched four episodes last night! I am a total Anglophile, so I have been dying to watch this :) I have recently been taking a lot of "walking tours" on my treadmill through London, too, so this was a nice tie in. Today I am starting a new walking series through Jordan, which should be interesting!

Food choices yesterday were sort of terrible. I swapped out my planned dinner for chicken, which was fine, but instead of the healthy 0 point fruit that I planned to eat for snacks, I found myself buried in a pile of crackers and hummus. Then I finished the damn cake that was leftover from the cookout. At least it's gone now. I dreamed that I got on the scale and gained 50bs. That should literally be a wake up call, right?

QOTD: Do you boycott companies who are aligned to political causes you disagree with? I always have--"cancel culture" is not new for me. I remember going to see Nelson Mandela speak when I was about 15 year old, and that was the first time I had heard about consumer boycotts, and I was all over it. There are a lot of popular products and companies that have never gotten a dollar of mine.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 7/15/20 4:10 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Had a very lazy and unproductive day off yesterday. Today it's back to work. Accountability was pretty good again yesterday. I did get my usual sweet cravings, but was able to satisfy it with some watermelon out of the freezer. Who knew frozen watermelon could be so good? Especially on a hot Summer day. Very refreshing!

QOTD: not really....I'm not too big into politics.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda x 2

L: 2 oz chicken breast and a hard boiled egg

D: leftover creamy salsa chicken

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 7/15/20 6:03 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I like the taste of watermelon but I have texture issues with it...I just don't like eating it!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/15/20 4:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Wednesday!! Halfway through the week, yay!

QOTD - yes, always have! I don't know that it does any good, very often, but it's what I can do.

I am looking forward to that Jordan series, but I have two Utah ones left before I can start it so it's probably next week for me.

I am unplanned for meals today, need to get through some of the stuff in the fridge, fortunately it's all reasonable choices!

have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 7/15/20 4:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone.

yesterday was indeed looooooong. The upper GI went well but I have no idea when I'll get the results. Got a lot of comments about my digestive track since I had the WLSs. They had a few students so that was interesting. However it made my back hurt really badly from laying on the hard surface. Fun fun. It is still aggravating me more this morning. I have my pre-op appointment this morning at 10:20. I have to tell y'all that I don't have much confidence in my doctor and especially his staff. I feel stuck if I want a chance at relief. My surgery will be an hour or so and all together I'll be there about 4 hours. I'm nervous. This procedure is only addressing the nerve issue. Not the herniated discs or the severe degenerative disc disease. I know I'll likely always have some pain but this whole thing is making me feel uneasy. I don't like that. Sigh...

qotd: yup I do!

breakfast:oatmeal with 1/2 a banana

l:oatmeal with walnuts and SF syrup

d:??? Thinking and egg and a waffle

s:not sure on this one

Teenie
on 7/15/20 7:26 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

If you feel uneasy You can always opt out and get opinions from another doctor. How many Doctors have you seen for this particular problem? I think another evaluation from another doctor may put you more at ease. If you can deal with the pain I would definitely get another opinion.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 7/15/20 1:07 pm - Amarillo, TX

Unfortunately no other doctors here that take Medicaid are taking new patients. It's pretty much my only option. He is a good surgeon but I guess I'm just being cautious. My mom likes him a lot.

sigh. My anxiety Is just eating me alive. Thanks so much for your reply!

Teenie
on 7/16/20 6:35 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

This to shall pass it all does. Hang in there I know your get through it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 7/16/20 7:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/15/20 5:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Beautiful air on Cape Cod today. It is breezy and cool, quite a change from the prior week. The AC is off!

I have my 4 year WLS checkup today which means a 3 hour round trip. I'm glad to be getting caught up on appointments.

QOTD: I am not too good about remembering what I should boycott, but I try to be conscientious. My DS is good about reminding me!

Accountability: Great because I knew I had my WLS appointment today. I was at my current low this morning on the scale. Yeah!

TSS: 4 years, 3 months

B: Coffee!

L: Everroast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Leftover swordfish kabobs

S:bean salad and/or strawberry cheesecake yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 456 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 401 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 112 views
Forum Search Error & 404