What's on your Thursday Menu?

Dee_Caprini
on 7/16/20 10:29 am

That sounds like something I would say!!! great story/memories and I hope you enjoy your picnic!

Julia S.
on 7/16/20 7:23 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- It used to be my hearing, but that got blown by having to listen to different frequencies at work and getting blasted too many times. Now I have tinnitis so I hate earplugs since then all I hear is the noise in my ears. I'm near-sighted and have worn glasses since about 6th grade, but I still have good close vision-so no bifocals and I take my glasses off to read.

I was hoping to start back at the gym again, but not if I have to wear a mask. I really want to swim, but the pools are not open. I will make do with what I have at home and continue walking, and use the dreadmill as a back-up.

Work has been crazy I ended up working an extra hour yesterday and I have so many projects. Unfortunately I went from one mess to another and didn't work on the project I need to have out this week. Plus a Zoom meeting with a municipality and other utilities broke up my day, I turned the camera off and fortunately my cat didn't interrupt.

I get my hair done today, this is the 2nd time with a mask and I'm hoping they don't close us back down but it may happen. Our governor seems to follow what CA & WA do, so no guarantees.

I think I'm going to make some steps for my cat, he seems to be falling when he tries to jump up on the bed. He uses his claws to grab and drag himself up. He's an old guy, and I'm lucky to have him. It will give me something to do.

My anxiety level has been through the roof the last few days. Yesterday I didn't get a walk in due to stomach pains that had me doubled over, I think it was just too much cheese and the lactose got to me. The walking does help with my anxiety- but not enough.

I will try to:

Do the best you can in everything you say and do and then don't worry about it, don't fret about it and you'll live a whole lot longer.

Have a great Friday Eve everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 7/17/20 6:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

we have carpeted pet stairs that I got somewhere - maybe chewy.com? I can't remember. We've had a lot of old cats, and they've need a boost to get up to the bed. Some have used the stairs, some haven't - although at least if you make your own, you won't have wasted money if your cat is one *****fuses to use them. They've been great for our cats who were good with them!

Christina135
on 7/16/20 8:48 am

Good morning! Late post, had to run to HEB to stock up since we have the kids this weekend!

QOTD - Strongest, smell. Weakest, hearing. It sucks. I blame heavy metal concerts, (there's been a lot).

Breakfast - none, fasting so hot black coffee, topo chico, water

Lunch - kale scramble with tofu, naan bread, vegan cheese, leftover beans

Snack - fruit smoothie - frui****er, oat milk, hemp seed protein, chia seeds

Snack - Oui yogurt (dairy free, its so good) with chia seeds

Dinner - Chalupas (vegan for me, regular for family)

I hope everyone is having a great day! Happy Friday Eve!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

momyshaver
on 7/16/20 10:13 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Hi Everyone,

I enjoy reading all of your posts. The variety of the way people successfully manage bariatric life no matter what life brings their way.

I am not doing well. I have had an allergic reaction to a medication and have had to stop it immediately and my body is feeling very shell shocked to say the least. I have been having pains under my ribs where my stoma was/is and around that area as well as my very lower back to the left for quite some time. I am scared. I also have an appointment tomorrow morning to have some broken teeth in my right back area pulled from when I broke my jaw. It had to be rescheduled due to covid last April and so I am grateful to get in and taken care of but I am so scared about my insides in general. I have some hematology labs in early August but I am just hoping things stay open.

Emiepie
on 7/16/20 11:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

momyshaver
on 7/16/20 12:18 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

Thank you. I am trying to lift myself out of this pity party. Lower left flank pain ongoing... force feeding myself every couple days only to get GI distress and pain. Pain in my breastbone/rib area around my stoma... I don't know where to turn. I feel so done.

Emiepie
on 7/16/20 1:06 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Try and keep your chin up!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 7/16/20 12:17 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Sorry everything continues to be a struggle. Hang in there!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 7/17/20 6:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh no - I hope things go OK for you. This is awful!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics