What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/20/20 2:11 am, edited 7/20/20 4:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Hope you had an awesome weekend! I got a lot done of Friday & Saturday and we had friends over Saturday might for our outdoor movie night! It was super fun (JAWS never disappoints and it is just so great to see friends in person...!), but since I usually go to bed by 9am and wake up at 4am, staying up until midnight really threw me off yesterday. I was basically that little raccoon all day--I totally sat around and didn't move much at all. But we made a dent in our binge-watching. We are on season 2 of the Crown :) #accomplishments!

In other news, today is my 5 year surgiversary from my revision to RNY! My first surgery was in 2008, when I got the Lap Band. I am still so grateful that I have that beast out of my body, so that is usually what I am celebrating when I think about my RNY surgiversary :) My weight loss was slow and steady with the band, and I maintained my weight for about 9 years, a little bigger than where I am now. I never got skinny with the band, but I was okay with how much weight I took off and kept off. It wasn't for the constant vomtting and extreme pain, I would have liked it, lol. My weight loss with RNY was different--huge quick loss and easy to maintain for awhile, but now after a few years, I feel like it is all on me to do this--I don't feel my "tool" guiding me much anymore.

QOTD: What advice would you give yourself from the future, if you were able to talk to yourself the night before surgery? I wish I could tell myself that I was not invincible and not to get ****y about the possibility of regain. I think by year three, I was pretty well convinced that I wouldn't gain since I had held steady at my low weight for three years. But I wasn't immune to it--one Ca-cA-cRaZy year of life, and it all went to hell... and now I am sitting here, heading into my 5th year, feeling pretty low about where I am today :(

But, I was realizing that I feel pretty great about my commitment to learning Spanish. I am on a 117 day streak on DuoLingo. So now I need to get that level of commitment back to my body, not just my mind. I am not sure what 100 day commitment I am about to make, but I am going to do something. Maybe 100 days of not going over my points? I am open to ideas and definitely open to partners in crime for accountability!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 7/20/20 4:14 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! I'm not so happy it's Monday, but glad it's a new day because my accountability wasn't the greatest over the weekend. Time to get back on track. Aside from poor food choices, it was a nice relaxing weekend and I also got a lot done.

QOTD: I'd tell myself not to test the boundaries with foods I shouldn't have like sweets. I went so long after my surgery with sticking strictly to my diet and foods I was supposed to have. No sweets, no breads, no pasta, fried foods etc. I had lost all cravings for them, but then at about a year out I decided to just try one of these things.....that one little bite won't hurt me. Well that was a huge mistake because my cravings went into overdrive and now I crave these foods often! Ugh

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda x 2

L: 2 oz turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: white chicken chili

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 7/20/20 1:59 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I miss those days when I wasn't craving crap!

supershopper
on 7/20/20 4:37 am

hi all - we had a good weekend- got a lot done but still a lot on the plate.

QOTD: regain is real and painful emotionally for a lot of people. I was one of those, I've got this people but started gaining after year 2. I wasn't a poor food choice eater but I ingested more calories that were required and therefore I gained. I also stopped exercising as much once we moved house to the barn house of hell. anxiety and food issues kept me eating when I couldn't sleep. It's taken me a little over a year to get over those night time eating issues and develop a better situation with my food. prepping food ahead of time and having a plan is key for me. also knowing what my triggers are helps be to divert before I impulsively go there. I have a lot to lose and I know it will probably take 2 years to get the regain off but i'm ready and willing to put in the work.

QOTD: part 2- I'm committing to 30 min fasted cardio 6 days a week- to get my body moving and sweating

food plan- did a LOT of prep last night

b: shake

coffee/water

m: mahi mahi/spinach

L: chicken sesame stir fry

d: Asian chicken salad

s: TBD

s:TBD

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Queen JB
on 7/20/20 2:00 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

That's an awesome commitment! WTG!

Christina135
on 7/20/20 4:52 am

Good morning!

Happy Monday, hope everyone is doing well!

QOTD - It's gonna be ok. It's gonna take you a few years to learn, but eventually, you're gonna be ok.

Breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee, hot green tea, Topo Chico, and cold brew

Lunch - Chickpea salad (whats left), salad, crackers,

Dinner - No idea.

Snack - fruit smoothie or toast with avocado butter, peanut butter and jelly.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 7/20/20 5:07 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Monday morning.

what a long night. So much pain. I think it was the weather. Every time we get any kind of rain or cooler weather I hurt more. Last night we got some rain(desperately needed but ouch!). I'm seriously hoping and praying my surgery tomorrow will improve things.

I'm really liking my new hair cut! It's so cool in the summer heat. Glad I got it done!

qotd:take your eating disorder seriously and to start counseling sooner...a lot sooner. I knew I had a problem with binge eating but thought somehow that it would stop if I wanted it to. He mental footwork is to be taken seriously!

i have to stop eating around 7:30 so food today will be light.

b:oatmeal with 1/2 a banana

l:oatmeal with cacao powder

d:not sure

s:???

Laura in Texas
on 7/20/20 9:45 am

What is the doctor's plan tomorrow? I hope the surgery brings you some relief!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Melody P.
on 7/20/20 5:35 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! I appreciate that! The plan is a lumbar laminectomy on I think at least three vertebrae.

Queen JB
on 7/20/20 2:02 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Sending you good thoughts for tomorrow!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?