What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Greateight
on 7/21/20 6:25 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

My COVID-19 test came back negative. I wasn't surprised, I really didn't feel anything, and probably didn't meet the minimum contact standards required for a test. Plus, my friend had a mask on for even the time I did see him. Nevertheless, I am still glad that I got the test and received to be negative. I need to quarantine for two more days. I guess some people don't develop the virus until two weeks after contact, so I am following that.

Good luck today, Melody!

Belated 5 year surgiversary congratulations to JB!

QOTD: Looks like I am in the minority here, but I am a drizzler.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: bratwurst

Snack:nuts

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 7/21/20 7:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am glad you got your results back and all is good.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 7/21/20 9:09 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Thanks, I can't wait to go out and get my haircut tomorrow!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 7/21/20 9:49 am
RNY on 08/11/14

It's not nice to brag...lol. I have an appt scheduled next week but as of right now saloons can't be open, there is discussion to have the ability to do it outdoors but I am not sure with 95+ temps if my saloon will be "open".

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 7/21/20 7:30 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yeah for the negative results. I bet that is a great relief.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/21/20 8:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yeah for negative results!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 7/21/20 6:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm feeling very stressed this morning (as in I can feel it physically), so I'm going to have to get out and exercise. I really feel like I need to get back to weights. I stopped about two weeks ago because the virus picked up around here - although maybe if I go to the other branch of my gym (across town - which is bigger - with the machines more spread out) and go mid-morning when there may only be a couple other people in the weight room - and wear my mask, of course (which is required anyway), I'll be OK. Ugh. I could probably get out on my bike as well - but for some reason, I'm not feeling it this morning.

I've been excited about trying this new root beer-flavored Unjury protein that the newbies on my clinic's FB page have been chatting about. I didn't want to order four canisters of it to get the free shipping (what if I hate it? Plus I have enough protein powder in my cupboards to outfit an entire class of new post-ops for probably a month!), but one of the women said she bought too many canisters and would be glad to sell me one. So I'm going to get it at lunch time. I'm so excited to try making a root beer "float" out of it (I may even try adding a scoop of Halo Top vanilla to it sometime to make a more realistic float - some day when I can work it into my eating plan). For now I'll put unsweetened almond milk, a little vanilla, and ice in it - and whip it up in the blender. Why I'm so excited about this, I have no idea - but I've been fantasizing about it for DAYS!

accountability was good yesterday - weight back down again to what appears to be my current "set point" (unfortunately a bit higher than I'd like), but after a few days of it being up a couple of pounds, I was happy to see it back down again.

QOTD: I don't like ketchup squirted directly on my fries - too messy to eat. But I'll squirt it directly on "burgers" (well, vegan burgers anyway - I don't eat ground beef)

TSS: 5+ y

B: piece of lime-flavored yogurt pie with light Cool Whip, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: 1-2 Costco chicken skewers with 1/2 C of either bean salad or Asian-style cole slaw

AS: root beer protein shake (I never have two protein shakes in a day, but today I'll make an exception..)

D: elote-style corn-on-the-cob, grilled peach with Greek yogurt

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 7/21/20 1:33 pm - Warren, OH

I used to make "root beer floats" with vanilla protein powder and diet root beer.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 7/21/20 7:07 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

It's actually nice to be back after a 4 day weekend. I have not been keeping up on OH so I hope all is well and I did not miss anything juicy.

We had our family reunion this weekend that usually get upwards of about 100 people and our total count was 21. So no problems with the social distaining, But I will admit and I am sorry but I had to hold my cousins baby. I know it's a new world but it's a baby I had too. I don't even like kids but he was so cute and kept eye balling me and smiling. I could not help myself.

I had a follow up with the guys that did my hernia surgery yesterday. I had two surgeon do the work the first is a trauma surgeon he Put my guts back in and sewed every muscle back together so I did not need mesh. The second was the plastics guy who cut off the excess skin and gave me a flat stomach. I always bake them goodies and take them treats when I go in there. They say I am doing great but should continue to follow up once a year just to be safe. I asked is the follow up so you get baked goods or do you really need me to get a check up? I think it was the cookies because as I was leavening he was in his office and he and his staff were plowing into the cookie tray I brought.

QOTD: I put it on the fries. I am sorry. But I have not had fries in sooo long It is a moot point at this stage of my life. I do squeeze sugar free on top my meatloaf though.

Accountability: I dug into a tub of RGF ice-cream. It is low in carbs and I had about 1/3 cup. So not bad.

TSS: 2 years 7 Months and 10 days 134.2 (lowest 130.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato w/Miralax and Fiber

MS: Oikos salted caramel Greek yogurt and Mixed fruit

CB2: Dark roast coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato

L: Zucchini Lasagna and Poor man ceviche

D: Chicken sausage and grilled vegies.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been great. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Exercise: 3 Mile run

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

Me and Lance

Socially distanced picnic.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/21/20 8:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Great pictures and I would have to hold the baby too!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
Queen JB · 33 replies · 212 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 373 views
Recent Topics