What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/22/20 2:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^ Not a meme, but I thought you would all appreciate this news article ^^

Good morning everyone! Hope you all had a fantastic Taco Tuesday. I am realizing that I really need to reevaluate my schedule--I have almost all of my meetings that happen bak to back to back on M, T & W, and it doesn't give me any time to... work! Yesterday I barely even had time to read my emails and they were coming in fast & furious. Of course, all of them needed some sort of complicated follow up. Blergh--I hate feeling underwater. But I have been really good about stopping, and not working all night, even when I am overwhelmed! Yay for learning life lessons!

I am proud to say that I am on day 3 of my 100 day streak, haha. But I really think that for me it is going to take some specific goal setting that taps into my competitive spirit to keep me from barreling towards gaining all of the Covid 15. It would be great if 100 days of staying below my points and walking 8000 steps a day helped me lose weight, but at the point I am mostly concerned that I don't gain any more! Anyway, yesterday I had 17 points and walked 8215 steps.

QOTD: Do you wear perfume/cologne/fragrances? I used to practically bathe in the stuff, but over the years I stopped liking really strong odors. Now I occasionally spritz on something after the shower, but since staying home, not at all...

I think this is my menu, but I need to go to the grocery store when they open this morning. My Instacart delivery was pathetic yesterday. I ordered $56 worth of wood and she only brought me $22 worth. She basically forgot the food items. Sigh. Hopefully I can get there this morning to grab the things I need.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/22/20 3:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I love the improvisation in that picture. I used a fabric headband one time when I forgot my mask and I saw someone use one of those fuzzy winter ear bands in a pinch!

I can relate to your meeting overload - today I don't have a break between meetings from 6 to 2; tomorrow I do have two 15 minute breaks!

qotd - yes but not if I'm going to be around anyone That I know is sensitive to fragrance or when I'm flying. I am a one spray and done vs lots of perfume too - it's really for me, not for anyone else! It's part of my morning routine even WFH.

I''m taking my niece to a private Pilates class this afternoon, so that's exercise sorted. It's my turn to pick a movie so we're going to watch Captain America most likely and then if the clouds cooperate try to see the comet from a few miles out of town.

Menu today is

coffee and half and half x 3

leftover lamb kabob with 3 falafel

everroast chicken and slice cheddar

proscuitto and cheese roll ups, with olives

blackberries

have a great Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/22/20 5:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I really miss falafel! I've always loved it but it doesn't love me anymore! I can have about half a one nowadays (since surgery). Such a bummer. So when we're at Middle Eastern restaurants, I'll usually talk DH into ordering it so I can have my half piece!

Queen JB
on 7/22/20 9:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I love falafel too! When I loved downtown (like 25 years ago!) I lived directly across the street from a great Middle Eastern place called Jaffa Cafe. I used to get their falafel and hummus at least 3 times a week... mmm.

catwoman7
on 7/22/20 9:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

did you ever go to Sultan's Kitchen? (I know it's Turkish rather than Middle Eastern (although the food in eastern Turkey is Middle Eastern...)). It's out of business now, but it was still there when we were in Boston a few years ago. I have that guy's cookbook, so I just HAD to go there. I was dragging DH, MIL, and my mother through 95 degree heat to get there. I thought they were going to KILL me! And to make it worse, they'd moved from their original location, so once we got to the address I had, we had to go a few more blocks to get to their new place. My mother will never let me forget that....

Queen JB
on 7/22/20 9:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I only went there a few times--it was close to my office for a few years, but there were about a billion restaurants in the area to choose from near there, so I never went to the same place too often!

Queen JB
on 7/22/20 9:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Sounds like you are having great niece fun :)

MadisonRose
on 7/22/20 4:00 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! I am so over this week. It's only Wednesday and I'm already exhausted and mentally drained. Accountability was pretty good again yesterday. I did get the munchies last night, but at least I snacked on healthy foods instead of what I was craving.

QOTD: I used to always wear perfume, but now I only wear it out for special occasions and it's always a very light scent. Strong perfumes trigger my migraines. On a daily basis I normally just wear a light scented lotion from bath and body works.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda x 2

L: 2 oz turkey breast and a hard boiled egg

D: leftover white chicken chili

S: L&F yogurt and fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 7/22/20 9:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yay for your strength to stay on track and not give into the cravings!

Melody P.
on 7/22/20 4:49 am - Amarillo, TX

"Good" morning everyone. To say it's been a rough night is an understatement. I bawled a few times getting out of bed when I had to use the restroom or take my pain pills. I have to eat something with them and I did NOT plan well. The pain pills, OxyContin, helps for like an hour and a half and then starts to wear down rather fast. I have a very high pain threshold but this is kicking my ass. Big time. I did get a few hour long naps in, about 5 in total so at least that's something. I'm just so uncomfortable.

food should be somewhat light. I did however have a kids granola bar for the pain pills at 4 this morning.

thinking oatmeal for breakfast and maybe lunch and an egg and waffle for dinner. Probably a coconut milk yogurt for a snack.

thanks again for the thoughts and prayers yesterday! They meant a lot to me

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 270 views