What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Emiepie
on 7/22/20 6:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Now that there is some creativity, keeps you safe from germs and from eating the sugared goodness! Lol.

Accountability: I enjoyed a run outside late morning so I did add some additional snacks (chaffle and cashews) to my day.

QOTD: I do have several perfumes and lotions that I rotate between. I used to only wear Philosophy Pure Grace but started changing it up awhile back.

TSS: 5 years 11 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters and turkey sausage links

L: Lettuce wrapped Mahi- Mahi burger, SF. jello with cool-whip, and baby carrots

S: Eggbeaters/cheese/bacon low carb burrito and Carbmaster cottage cheese

D: BBQ bacon turkey burger on savory chaffle "bun", small salad, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and cup fiber cereal

E: 6 mile run and one hour elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1555 Protein:149 Carbs:110 Fat:67

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 7/22/20 9:42 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I would have to eat the donuts first to get the shield! Otherwise the would go stale, as we can't have that!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Christina135
on 7/22/20 6:32 am

Good morning, Happy Wednesday.

QOTD - I always consider my audience. Here at home, I do wear perfumes, spritzes, etc. because I like them, I have some really lovely ones and my husband really likes them. That being said, my sister suffers from migraine triggers including certain scents so I never wear them to family functions or even if I am packing up a gift to deliver to her. She's suffered with migraines for years, and anything I can do to NOT trigger them, I am in. Also, when I go to work I stick to very basic scents (EOs) such as lavender that I apply to wrist and pulse points. You would have to be REALLY close to me to even get a whiff. And if you're that close, we are probably in a situation where it doesn't matter what either of us smell like.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot coffee, topo chico

Lunch - tofu/kale scramble with soyrizo and almond butter, vegan cheese on corn tortillas

Snack - fruit smoothie, oat milk, frozen frui****er, chia seeds, hemp seed protein

Snack - apple with peanut butter OR toast with avocado butter, peanut butter and jelly (not sure which)

Dinner - I am NOT cooking, I'm already cranky and it's only 8:24AM. So either leftovers, or we grab something from somewhere. As always, pizza sounds like a valid choice but we just had it a few days ago with kids. So, who knows?

I weighed myself this morning, and I am THRILLED that I finally got rid of the 6 lbs I gained when I had a piece of cake.

Yes. I gained 6 lbs from cake. Lemme explain.

I love sugar. Absolutely LOVE it. However, I have RH. So, I have to be really careful. This is part of the reason that I love IF because the science behind it, autophagy, insulin response, etc. I haven't felt this great in years. ANYHOW.

About two weeks ago, our neighbors across the street celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary and brought us cake over. It was absolutely gorgeous. Covered in macarons, rose chocolate covered strawberries, custard and fruit...I mean, THAT was a damn cake. I broke my fast and ate a piece at 9PM. Thankfully, I was fine.

However, over the next week, my eating was absolutely nuts. I was hungry all the time, and really dug into the candy stash we keep in the fridge and freezer. (We always have chocolate, candy, etc. in the house and in the fridge. Recovering alcoholics, etc.) I usually have 1-2 fun size pieces a week. I was having 2 a day.

Before I knew it, I had gained 6 lbs, even continuing my IF. So, I tapered off the sugar gently, and started weaning myself off the candy, etc. I finally feel like I am back where I need to be.

So, what I learned was not to waste 6lbs on bad cake. I do NOT regret having that cake, it was probably one of the best cakes ever. But I absolutely learned what NOT to do after it, and how the sugar cravings would hit hard. I also have vowed not to ever put my body in that position again unless the cake is worthy. That cake must have cost a fortune, and is probably a cake that I may have access to once a year...unless I find that damn bakery!

TL;DR - I love sugar, it doesn't love me.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Have a great day y'all!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

karenp8
on 7/22/20 6:47 am - Brighton, IL

I hear you on the cake. I am such a sugar addict. I even have to stay away from sugar free substitutes because they make me crave and indulge if possible in the real thing. One indulgence makes me want to have more for days. After 8 years you'd think I'd be over this. I think it will be a struggle till the day I die!

Queen JB
on 7/22/20 9:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That's my issue, too--it's not the one thing I splurge on that does me in--it's the slippery slope of "fuck it" that goes along with it. That's why I need to do this all or nothing challenge with myself right now.

Great job!

Christina135
on 7/22/20 1:12 pm

I'm sorry I think I missed it, what challenge are you doing??

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Queen JB
on 7/22/20 3:04 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Just personally challenging myself to getting min 8000 steps a day and staying under my WW points for 100 days straight. Nothing wild, and I'm not expecting amazing results. I just need to find my resolve again.

Teenie
on 7/22/20 1:23 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Thanks for sharing. It's good to know. We all have struggles but can get past them.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 7/22/20 6:37 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Today is a big day for the horrible project. We have a call late this morning, and if it goes OK, the project could be a few days from ending. If it goes poorly, I don t know what happens. Think positive thoughts for me if you can.

I have gotten back to weighing daily. The good news is that I haven't gained any since the COVID and I am down a little since last winter. I would still like to drop about 5 pounds to get back to where I was before the holidays. That is my goal before my 2 year surgiversary at the end of August. It feels good to be weighing and not having to worry about what the number actually is.

QOTD: nope

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: Bratwurst

Snack: nuts

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 7/22/20 6:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck with your meeting, I am sure you'll knock it out of the park.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views