What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/24/20 2:28 am, edited 7/24/20 2:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Happy Friday! I am so ready for this weekend. My allergies are back with a vengeance (even with Flonaise and Claratin) so I have been feeling sluggish and tired, on top of sniffly. Plus, I had an earache so bad, it woke me up last night :( But yesterday was a nice quiet day at work and today will be the same, so that's good!

Any fun weekend plans? I don't have anything planned yet, but I do have a friend who has been asking if I will brave a visit to the beach with her. Maybe? Its going to be sunny and in the 90s so I am not sure I want to brave crowds, tbh, but I do want to go...

My pics this week are from last weekend's backyard Jaws party. We had a blast. Do you like my cookies? I love decorating! I wish I had the strength not to eat them when I am making them, because I would do it more often if I had the will-power!

I followed my plan yesterday and made it through day 4 of my 100 day personal challenge--I ended the day with 9572 steps and 22 points. I'm glad I had this little wake up call--it's nice to have a commitment to stick to. My only change to yesterday's menu was that I added a Truly Hard Seltzer at the end of the night which added 4 points. Last night I went ahead and ordered a custom treadmill desk. I think it will help to be able to walk and work when I am on calls or just doing boring spreadsheet work. I won't be able to go quickly so it's not exercise, but at least it's movement! I am excited. I think it will be here in about a month.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Librarian67
on 7/24/20 3:32 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all,

It's been a really rough week, but I wanted to take a few minutes to log in for accountability and cuz I love you folks!

Tuesday I had another nerve block injection that was in the "successful" categories...in other words the entire back of my head was numb for 4-5 hours and then I felt like I'd been mugged. Sticking long, albeit narrow, needles into my spine causes a lot of residual bruising and irritated nerves. Other than absolute necessities, I've spent most of the week curled up in bed with ice packs, either my Audie Cat or Mr. Bun Bun (Bunny Foo Foo's cuzin) and either sleeping or being severely *****y. Not a good space. Doing my best to focus on hydration and breathing rather than beating myself up for not being Perfect. If our area doesn't roll back the medically essential guidelines again, I'm scheduled for a radio frequency ablation in 10 days, which is SUPPOSED to stop the pain for....

Also wanted to share that apparently most of my cervical vertebrae are deteriorating with osteoarthritis to some extent, and as some of you know from personal experience, there's very little that can be done, especially without NSAIDS, steroids or opioids. Also the neck pain triggers a lot of migraines, in addition to the traditional migraines I get. I'm feeling like a real basket case, discouraged and mourning the loss of being as active as I've been able to be in the last 3 years since surgery. I'm working with my therapist a lot and doing some journaling but not sure how to change my current path into more isolation (not just Covid caution) and inactivity. I'd like to find a PT who can give me some direction about safe movement and strengthening.

In other news, lots of summer heat and humidity here but this morning it's a bit cooler (74) and all the windows are open. The cats and I are enjoying the breeze and the sound of the rain, while DW is softly snoring on the couch. Not quite Norman Rockwell but a great reminder of the wonderful things in my life.

I'm working on my 2nd cup of Earl Grey with Miralax and will have a bowl of vanilla Carbmaster yogurt with fresh blackberries & slivered almonds.

In a few hours there'll be a tea latte with protein powder (an aside, I've used mostly Syntrax Nectar protein powder since surgery, but the taste has become too cloying for me. Recently switched to Unjury unflavored if I'm mixing it or Chicken Soup & Santa Fe chili for a snack. Really enjoying that.)

The rest of the day I plan to include leftover salmon kabob with zucchini, Boar's Head curry chicken, 3 mandarin oranges and hopefully a spinach salad w/grilled chicken, radishes, grape tomatoes & SkinnyGirl Balsamic dressing. Yep and lots more tea (hot and iced), water and a lemon-ginger tisane.

No big plans this weekend other than a Zoom visit with some dear friends who have a new baby...the world as it is right now.

Pics: #1 Me lately.

#2 my new t-shirt

#3 & 4 pet memes

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

momyshaver
on 7/24/20 4:00 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Your silly face photos and memes always crack me up. I like the tshirt. I am sorry about the OA and injection crap. I don't have neck issues but my lower back DDD issues have really got worse in the past few years which I did not expect after losing weight and at my age, I guess. I am not sure what my options are because of no NSAIDs. I used to think walking was low impact but some days I can't stand up straight. I guess I could buy an inversion table but that doesn't sound like very much fun and knowing my clumsiness... potentially dangerous lol

Librarian67
on 7/24/20 5:49 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Yeah chronic pain is really debilitating in so many parts of your life. The vertigo, numbness, photophobia and nausea make even getting up for drink and then the loo is almost impossible, much less going outside and moving. I really get it! If it would be helpful, PM me and I'm happy to share some of the things I use to take off the edge without causing serious secondary problems.

janet

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Partlypollyanna
on 7/24/20 4:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I don't know if it would be your thing, but there are quite a few people in my Pilates classes that have back or other issues and they are able to make modifications for them. I go to club Pilates which is franchised across the country. Might be an option to look at when you are up to it! Hope you get relief soon!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Librarian67
on 7/24/20 5:51 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Thanks for the suggestion. My neighbor's sister teaches virtual yoga classes, if I can get started with her.

MadisonRose
on 7/24/20 5:15 am
RNY on 01/23/19

I absolutely love that shirt! Sorry about all your neck issues. I can relate. The last mri I had showed osteoarthritis of my cervical spine so that definitely explains all my neck and shoulder pain.....just never even crossed my mind that that's what could be causing it. Just went in for a routine mri to monitor the progression of my ms and my doctor was like you know you have some cervical spine issues going on there. Hope you can find some sort of relief!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/24/20 5:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Janet, I am so sorry you are going through this. You were so active! I hope at least swimming can be possible for you at some point.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 7/24/20 5:57 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Liz, you're so right that doing movement in the water would be a great place to start with support and gentle resistance. Covid has really made that impossible unfortunately...boo hiss! Also with the gyms closed, I can't even walk on the treadmill (ugh) or elliptical where I could hold on for balance. My therapist keeps reminding me that what "is" right now doesn't make me a failure.

Melody P.
on 7/24/20 6:21 am - Amarillo, TX

So so sorry you're dealing with so much pain. It just sucks so much when you can't get relief.

my sister in law is a librarian and would so love that shirt! So cute!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics