What's on Your Saturday Menu?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/25/20 5:11 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Welcome to Saturday. I hope you all have something enjoyable planned for the weekend. We are going to have another hot one so I may just float around in our pond to keep cool.

My goal this weekend is to eat completely on plan after 5 meals out this week which put my weight creeping up toward the top of my preferred range. I like it back towards the lower half.

QOTD: Are you more productive at night or in the morning? Do you think it's possible to change and get used to another schedule? I am more productive in the morning. I start waking up at 5 am and struggle to stay in bed until 6:30-7. I tend to be pretty fried by about 8 or so and go to bed at 10. This is after many years of getting up between 4:30-5 am so I could commute to work early. At some point in my life (late teens/early 20's), I could sleep late and be fairly productive in the evening. So I guess I could get used to another schedule eventually but I don't need to so no problem!

TSS: 4 years, 4 months

B: Coffee! Eggs and laughing cow cheese

L: tuna and cottage cheese

D: swordfish and grilled veggies

S:bean salad and/or lemon blueberry yogurt pie and/or WW one point muffin

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 7/25/20 5:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning Liz and thanks for getting us started!

rough night. Let's just say OxyContin really constipates you! I only took 6 pills during two days. I've been doing Miralax and a stool softener but man. Those pain pills just were detrimental for my health is just about every way. Never again! Sorry to be so gross!

today is my mom's birthday! I gave her my gifts last weekend when I cooked her "birthday" dinner. I'm so blessed to have her. She is a true rarity in this world. So so lucky I am. My aunt is making her a lemon meringue pie and my brother should be bringing hamburgers for her.

qotd:I'm more awake at 7am but still groggy as heck. At night I've just been ready to conk out. With my leg and back issues I've forgotten which one I used to be! Lol

b:oatmeal

s:coconut yogurt

l:???

d:???

Queen JB
on 7/25/20 6:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! Checking in because streaks don't take weekends off :( I did well yesterday--over 9000 steps and 20 points. I'm already over 8000 steps today and I think I have a good plan for food today. I'm going to have 2 glasses of wine and some cheese for a zoom birthday tonight so I'm staying as close to 0 points as possible for the rest of the day.

So far my "streak" has netted me a 1oz loss a day. So if I kept that up for 100 days straight I'd be down 6.25lbs. I'd be happy with that.

QOTD: I go to bed before 9pm and wake up wide eyed and with lots of energy around 4am. If I have anything I need to get done, I must plan on doing it before 9am haha.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 7/25/20 6:29 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Another hot and humid day here but Miss Lily and I have our long walk in. I'll do a walk by myself and a short walk with Lily late this evening. QOTD I'm much more productive in the morning and wake without an alarm by at least six. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 119.6. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 cup loaded potato soup D 4 oz cheddar brats. I may add a small bedtime snack if I get hungry and do good on steps. Have a great day full of healthy choices and stay safe everyone!

White Dove
on 7/25/20 7:58 am, edited 7/25/20 12:59 am - Warren, OH

I have always been a night owl. I liked working midnight shifts and am full of energy at night. My husband said he would hear the vacuum running at 3:00 AM and just know I was cleaning house and he would go back to sleep.

I have been working every day and today is my first day off since July 4. I planned to sleep late, but woke up at 6:00 AM anyway.

It was very foggy this morning and everything was damp. I was going to cut grass at 10:00 AM but it was too wet. The sun finally appeared and the fog has burned off, but the grass is probably going to need more drying time.

I have a few small tasks today and will probably spend most of the day at the pool.

Getting used to a different schedule is a bit of a challenge. I can do it when I have to. My compromise this year was to start work at 10:00 AM instead of 8:00 AM.

The longest US income tax season in history will officially end for me on Friday at 2:00 PM this week. Then I should be off for about 3 months. I have some projects that I was going to do in May that will keep me busy for a few months. My travel plans for this fall are not going to happen due to COVID.

I hope next year can be a normal one for everyone.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/25/20 9:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes, let's all hope for some sort of return to normal in 2021!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Greateight
on 7/25/20 11:13 am
RNY on 08/29/18

i kind of liked the extra three months to make my extension payment.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 7/25/20 5:13 pm - Warren, OH

We are all wondering if they will do that again next year.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 7/25/20 10:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I just got back from morning coffee with DH and my mother, and I'm getting ready for the first speaker to start on this virtual Obesity Action Coalition virtual conference, so I have about seven minutes to write!

I also have to watch it the next few days because I overdid it a couple of days last week, including yesterday (dinner out). Meals out are really tough for me to manage and fit into my plan - so I need to start really limiting them again.

QOTD: definitely morning!!! I've been like that for years. If a lot of brain cells are needed for some task, project or meeting, then I need to schedule it before noon!

TSS:

B: coconut Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced mango and 2 T muesli, coffee with half & half

MS: iced latte (2% milk and SF Torani)

L: piece of lemon blueberry yogurt pie with 3 T light Cool Whip

AS: Fit Frappe, maybe a L&F yogurt or skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: leftover chicken taco

conference starting! Have a great Saturday!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views