What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/27/20 3:07 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yay for a good night's sleep!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 7/27/20 8:02 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Back at my desk after 12 days of mostly not working. I took a few calls, emails, texts, but my guys here did a great job and let me relax. We ended up with the grand girls for 4 days instead of the 1 originally planned for, so that wore me out a bit. But we took them to the pool (had to sign up for a time to keep numbers down), the beach (had to set up in our own mini quarantine area) and they met a tribe of kids on bikes in the park. We let the kids all run together, being outside and enforced a no entering anyone's RV and no one in ours. Our next door "neighbors" were great with matching kid ages and everyone had a blast. They have lot's of food allergies in their family and introduced me to TJ's crisp bread. It's been a while since I have had anything like that, but a half piece with smashed avo was amazing! We've booked to go again this weekend to a different park so that we can actually relax in the RV and work on finding a place for everything and getting everything neat and tidy like we like it. One additional bad side of Covid-19, as if we need one, is that all our state campgrounds are closed. So we can only stay at private parks and because camping has suddenly become incredibly popular (because people cannot do much else), the private parks are very expensive.

QOTD: I've got a flap steak marinating in a honey/vinegar/garlic/soy/olive oil marinade right now. My friend left a flap steak in our fridge at the campgrounds and I've never cooked it before. So I looked up a recipe. Serving it with rice for the hubs, edamame for me, and a salad. After you pull the meat out of the marinade, you reduce the sauce down to pour on top. Looking forward to trying it tonight!

Menu:

B coffee and 1/2 PP shake

L hard boiled egg, cottage cheese and a bit of avocado, 1/2 crispbread

D see above

S 1/2 PP shake and beef jerky if needed.

Peace everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

karenp8
on 7/27/20 8:42 am - Brighton, IL

Glad you had fun on your first RV outing. The more you use it and get it set up with things in a place that's convenient the more you will love it. I hate those private campgrounds as they do always tend to be pricey and the state parks are just so much more fun with trails to hike and sights to see. Hopefully you'll have even more fun on your next outing. It makes me sad to see all the RVs and campers in storage areas unused so I love stories of people using and enjoying them!

Lisa91941
on 7/27/20 9:02 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Thanks, Karen! That's the goal. Get as much use out of it for the next two years by going locally, then transition to longer distances when I actually retire. If this first outing was much of an indication, we are going to have a blast in this thing!

MadisonRose
on 7/27/20 12:44 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Isn't RV'ing so much fun? That's what I'm doing now. Camping with family at the beach! So many fun things to do here. The RV Park we are at is packed too!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Lisa91941
on 7/27/20 2:55 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

so much fun! My grand girls enjoyed the actual beach so much. I'm going to post "mermaid" pictures on Friday! Have a great time.

MadisonRose
on 7/27/20 3:11 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Thank you! And can't wait to see those mermaid pictures!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 7/27/20 3:08 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

That sounds great! I think I would like "traveling" with my house, haha. Less stressful packing--you can take all your creature comforts with you!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 7/27/20 3:19 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

And I got to do my level best to help keep the economy afloat because we needed one of everything! Our goal is to add clothes and fresh food and go. So dishes, and pans and bedding and towels and, and, and! After our first four days, we only had a little short list of need to adds, so we did pretty well. But major Grandma fail on the light rug for the bathroom while at the beach. Started out cream, ended up looking like we dipped it in coffee. Little things like that we need to fine tune. And I need a bigger blanket to throw over the couch since one of my dogs has laid claim to it.

karenp8
on 7/27/20 4:18 pm - Brighton, IL

That's how we're set up too. Add food and weather appropriate clothes and we're off.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404